Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Go live in China and post critical comments about Xi, the party

Go to the free world and post something that lgbt agenda went out of borders or that the crime definitely have color. You will be kicked out from job and canceled in a heartbeat.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Again, the more someone says "I don't care who wins" and "I just want peace" the more certain it is they support Russia.  Russia has "zero interest in taking it over entirely"?  That's an evidence-contrary assertion, given that the initial failed invasion tried to do exactly that, and they have been taking pieces for years now through the invasions of Crimea and the Kremlin-sponsored, cooked-up war in the east.  If they end up with only the territory they've already stolen, or nothing, it's not because they had "zero interest" in taking over the whole thing.  It's because they failed, and will be trying again in the next few years after rebuilding their army and laying a groundwork using tired-and-true FSB-led methods.

I never said I "don't care who wins" or I "support peace".

Makes zero difference to me who runs the place. The war there is completely irrelevant to me as long as some madman doesn't start using nukes. Give me a reason I should care more about Ukraine than about Sudan, or Burma, or The Congo.

Human world is IMO on a death spiral with ever improving ways of killing each other. IMO it's just a matter of time till MAD happens, or a more efficient virus is released and bye bye humans. Hopefully the next dominant species is a better caretaker of the planet than we were.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said I "don't care who wins" or I "support peace".

So, you care who wins but you don't care who runs Ukraine; it's hard to imagine how one can differentiate the two.  Oh well, have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

So, you care who wins but you don't care who runs Ukraine; it's hard to imagine how one can differentiate the two.  Oh well, have a good day.

I don't care who wins, but I never said that, so I was just pointing that out. I said I don't care who runs Ukraine, nothing about winning.

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't care who wins, but I never said that, so I was just pointing that out. I said I don't care who runs Ukraine, nothing about winning.

So if somehow America were to 'run Ukraine' your OK?

• Like 2

Just now, rabas said:

So if somehow America were to 'run Ukraine' your OK?

It's not a question of me being OK. I don't care who runs Ukraine.

However the idea that the US would run Ukraine is ludicrous. You must be desperate to come up with that sort of nonsense.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rabas said:

A link!   But it doesn't support your claim. Weibo is the most censored SM website in the world. Just google "Weibo censorship" and spend the rest of your life reading. Here is wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_China

China censors both the publishing and viewing of online material. Many controversial events are censored from news coverage, preventing many Chinese citizens from knowing about the actions of their government, and severely restricting freedom of the press.[1] 

If you think China is free, try taking a batch of books into China in your luggage. You'll 'find out' real fast.

Tik tok about to be banned. DJI drones about to be banned. 100% tariffs on products we are unable to efficiently produce. If you don’t do as we tell you, you will be sanctioned. You are not allowed to sell your products to certain countries. The,police can’t guarantee your safety; after all, we kill 3 of you a day, on average.

Welcome to the free world! Errr… thanks but no thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, VBer said:

Go to the free world and post something that lgbt agenda went out of borders or that the crime definitely have color. You will be kicked out from job and canceled in a heartbeat.

Just so you know, the post you responded to wasn’t mine. 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Poster deflects extreme Chinese censorship by citing bans due to extreme Chinese espionage. Explains this is why he hates the US. Suggests others can't reason.

Extreme Chinese espionage? :cheesy:

I guess you don’t know where Singapore is either.

Thanks for the laugh. Best I had all day

• Confused 1

It’s been 24 hours since the attack on a civilian beach in Sevastopol that killed and injured scores of civilians sunbathing by the beach. Yet, hardly any coverage of this incident in western media nor on here.

Those of us who understand and condone Russia’s SMO has been regularly described as disgusting, sickening, despicable etc.  Whatever. How would you describe this attack? Glorious? Honourable? For God and country? To Russia with love?

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

It’s been 24 hours since the attack on a civilian beach in Sevastopol that killed and injured scores of civilians sunbathing by the beach. Yet, hardly any coverage of this incident in western media nor on here.

Those of us who understand and condone Russia’s SMO has been regularly described as disgusting, sickening, despicable etc.  Whatever. How would you describe this attack? Glorious? Honourable? For God and country? To Russia with love?

Dry your crocodile tears comrade

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 2