Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

It is more likely about logistics and training, can't just trow advanced weapon and defense  systems at Ukraine and believe it doesnt steal crucial resources they need for other fields of the war. 

All military machines only function with massive logistical support, spare parts and trained mechs. I've heard that there are 10 soldiers supporting 1 that actually fights.

A combat aircraft requires mechanics, storesmen, trucks and drivers, fuel tankers and their drivers, radio techs, instrument techs, weapons techs, armourers and loaders and with modern planes computer techs, none of which are normally cross trained, or at least were not when I was in the green machine. Of course there are many other specialities such as cooks, administration/ pay officers, radio ops, radar ops, anti air ops, transport and their support services, medics, hospital staff etc, but Ukraine would already have them.

All of the above to put one aircraft into the sky and keep it operational.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL, from the vdo I've seen of Ukraine, finding a similar road in Ukraine might be a problem. They have to be strong enough to take one landing, and best not just mud.

Lol, you've seen a video of Ukraine therefore know the roads there are no good 

• Like 1

We're talking about F-16.

Here is a good article about them in Politico.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-f-16-fighter-jets-war-russia-base-runway/

Excerpt

runways and taxi routes at multiple sites will need to be smooth and constantly checked for debris given how susceptible the low-slung, single-engine F-16s are to ground debris

Edited by jayceenik
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2024 at 8:34 AM, jayceenik said:

We're talking about F-16.

Here is a good article about them in Politico.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-f-16-fighter-jets-war-russia-base-runway/

Excerpt

runways and taxi routes at multiple sites will need to be smooth and constantly checked for debris given how susceptible the low-slung, single-engine F-16s are to ground debris

I don’t understand all this fuss about the F-16s. Apparently Ukraine is winning the war convincingly with its ATACMS, Himars, Storm Shadows.Scalps, Patriots, cluster ammunition, Leopards, Bradleys, Challengers, Abrams, drones, the Ghost of Kiev (what else have I missed?)

By the time the Ukrainian pilots are sufficiently trained to pilot the F-16s in a proper manner, not just taking off and landing, the Russian Ruble will be rubble, the economy will be in tatters and the military will be dropping washing machines instead of Fab3000s and infantry fighting with dual use shovels from China and Russia will be 200 individual countries (as per Du(mb)da) anyway.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t understand all this fuss about the F-16s. Apparently Ukraine is winning the war convincingly with its ATACMS, Himars, Storm Shadows.Scalps, Patriots, cluster ammunition, Leopards, Bradleys, Challengers, Abrams, drones, the Ghost of Kiev (what else have I missed?)

By the time the Ukrainian pilots are sufficiently trained to pilot the F-16s in a proper manner, not just taking off and landing, the Russian Ruble will be rubble, the economy will be in tatters and the military will be dropping washing machines instead of Fab3000s and infantry fighting with dual use shovels from China and Russia will be 200 individual countries (as per Du(mb)da) anyway.

You wouldn't be impressed, because if your leader found out, you would have to keep your head down...........😱

4 minutes ago, transam said:

You wouldn't be impressed, because if your leader found out, you would have to keep your head down...........😱

I see you have regressed from content free posts to meaningless posts.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

"Apparently" - according to whom?

I haven't seen anyone saying that Ukraine is winning convincingly. Do you have examples?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

"Apparently" - according to whom?

I haven't seen anyone saying that Ukraine is winning convincingly. Do you have examples?

Hundreds, if not thousands of posts and videos on this forum alone showing Russian assets being blown up, from the Black Sea to hundreds of kms well within Russia proper, thousands of square miles of territory being recaptured, hundreds of troops being encircled and killed, practically all air defence systems destroyed, billions of dollars being poured into the effort, major Russian companies on the brink of bankruptcy, Russia’s economy on the brink of collapse, tens of thousands of sanctions, overwhelming majority cheering Ukraine on.

On the other hand, an occasional video by @BobBKK of a bomb dropped on some building in Ukraine…

If I obtained  my news from AN, not only would I think that Ukraine is winning convincingly, I would think they have already won lol.

23 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Hundreds, if not thousands of posts and videos on this forum alone showing Russian assets being blown up, from the Black Sea to hundreds of kms well within Russia proper, thousands of square miles of territory being recaptured, hundreds of troops being encircled and killed, practically all air defence systems destroyed, billions of dollars being poured into the effort, major Russian companies on the brink of bankruptcy, Russia’s economy on the brink of collapse, tens of thousands of sanctions, overwhelming majority cheering Ukraine on.

On the other hand, an occasional video by @BobBKK of a bomb dropped on some building in Ukraine…

If I obtained  my news from AN, not only would I think that Ukraine is winning convincingly, I would think they have already won lol.

This is a pro Ukrainian topic, you could always start a pro Russian one if you want. Thanks for highlighting all this though :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Russian assets being blown up, from the Black Sea to hundreds of kms well within Russia proper, thousands of square miles of territory being recaptured, hundreds of troops being encircled and killed, practically all air defence systems destroyed, billions of dollars being poured into the effort, major Russian companies on the brink of bankruptcy, Russia’s economy on the brink of collapse, tens of thousands of sanctions, overwhelming majority cheering Ukraine on.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is a pro Ukrainian topic, you could always start a pro Russian one if you want. Thanks for highlighting all this though :thumbsup:

Correction. The title of this topic is

Operative word being discussion and not propaganda.

This is however a pro-Ukrainian forum.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Correction. The title of this topic is

Operative word being discussion and not propaganda.

This is however a pro-Ukrainian forum.

Since when does it have to be in the title? Look at the posts within. You highlighted it yourself here. :saai:

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said: