Nigerian Arrested for Exploiting 'Influence' for Free Food and Room on Koh Phangan

webfact

5 hours ago, JayClay said:

I'm confused.

Why should any Thai businesses owner be concerned about anybody's connections in Nigeria? What were these business owners frightened of?

Him have very strong witch-doctor friends in Nigeria.

Strong so they reach across the oceans and tear your heart out if you not give him Kaow kaow moo and a Sprite.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Many local businesses were wary of his intimidating tactics, particularly his assertions of possessing influential connections in Nigeria to gain free services.

Really?

Like: Don't you know who my father is back in Nigeria. Now you have to be scared.

Really?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Him have very strong witch-doctor friends in Nigeria.

Strong so they reach across the oceans and tear your heart out if you not give him Kaow kaow moo and a Sprite.

Now that might work with Thais.

ghost-story.jpg_wide-80ae3ea68db967798d6

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Now that might work with Thais.

ghost-story.jpg_wide-80ae3ea68db967798d6

I think the Nigerian would have been more scared of this than the Thais. It looks like the Ku Klux Klan...

On 6/1/2024 at 12:47 AM, PJ71 said:

Nigerians are the worst.

Not all of them.  I have a neighbors here in the U.S. of A. who are  from Nigeria.  His kids go to the same Catholic elementary school that my grand kids go to.  I pick up my grand kids from school (Mom does not want them to ride in a school bus) and the school bus drops his kids off at the corner where my house is.  
Their dad and I like to sit on a bench in the shade of one of my trees (not during winter though) and we talk about many different subjects while his kids and my grandkids run around the yard screaming, laughing, and having loads of fun.  

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 12:47 AM, PJ71 said:

Nigerians are the worst.

19 hours ago, Keeps said:

Thought that was we Brits according to about half of the posters on this site........

Nope.   I have met some pretty nice British folk.   So, like Nigerians, not all of them are the worst.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Nope.   I have met some pretty nice British folk.   So, like Nigerians, not all of them are the worst.  

Have you met them in west africa tho?

On 6/1/2024 at 11:50 AM, JayClay said:

I'm confused.

Why should any Thai businesses owner be concerned about anybody's connections in Nigeria? What were these business owners frightened of?

VOODOO 

On 6/1/2024 at 11:47 AM, PJ71 said:

Nigerians are the worst.

I’m starting to think Koreans are The Worst , easy to spot sunglasses at the Malls inside , obnoxiously Loud and Arrogant 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

I’m starting to think Koreans are The Worst , easy to spot sunglasses at the Malls inside , obnoxiously Loud and Arrogant 

they don't smell tho.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:11 AM, webfact said:

A Nigerian man was arrested on Koh Phangan after using his claimed influence to demand free food and accommodation, sparking complaints among the island’s residents. The suspect, 35-year-old Benjamin Chemelia Ene, had overstayed his Thai visa by 276 days.

Send him back to Africa and don't let him return.

On 6/3/2024 at 7:21 AM, Irish star said:

I used to live in the condo near their Embassy and had more than enough of their attitude.