Who will win Euro 2024?

Seppius

11 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

England or Man City/Utd. 

Engerland Phil Foden - 40 caps (4 goals)

Marcus Rashford - 60 caps (17 goals)

Edited by ChipButty

I was right about Spain but the game was very good after slow start.

England didn't feed Kane enough. He's so good to score, not enough balls to him.

All in  all, very good Euro 2024.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Talking about going from genious to idiot in 90 min. Thats how stupid football is, and supporters who think they know how to put the best team in place at the time. 

Southgate have done a great job, lost by a small margin only against the best Team from Spain. Silver is not bad either. 

I don't think anyone was declaring Southgate a genius going into the final. Far from it. We rode our luck in a very weak side of the draw playing turgid football despite having the best squad in the tournament.

Spain outclassed us with a decent side, but even they are far from the side they had 15 years ago. 

Southgate is a failed club manager who politicked his way to a cushy job with the FA based on being a polite "yes man". Any top 10 Premier league manager (except maybe Ten Hag) would have won the tournament with that squad. Time for Southgate to go.   

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I don't think anyone was declaring Southgate a genius going into the final. Far from it. We rode our luck in a very weak side of the draw playing turgid football despite having the best squad in the tournament.

Spain outclassed us with a decent side, but even they are far from the side they had 15 years ago. 

Southgate is a failed club manager who politicked his way to a cushy job with the FA based on being a polite "yes man". Any top 10 Premier league manager (except maybe Ten Hag) would have won the tournament with that squad. Time for Southgate to go.   

Southgate has now resigned.   England's chances of winning the world cup in 2 years time have just increased exponentially.    

Football managers generally need to learn from Rugby.

Loyalty to a fading start is totally misplaced.....In Rugby only the team counts and the results it can achieve.

Football managers keep hanging on to players past their sell by date and get punished for it.

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Southgate has now resigned.   England's chances of winning the world cup in 2 years time have just increased exponentially.    

Mmm

They will probably go for Potter or Howe. I think they will go for an English manager. If they do consider a foreign boss then anyone but Mourinho please 🙏

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 7:57 PM, Nemises said:

Oh ok. Thanks for your opinion then. Let’s see how it works out. 

How did your bet work out? I would have thought that you would have been settled at half stake as a pay-out. That's the usual way with Bet365 as a tied outcome.

Be interested to know the outcome.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Gareth Southgate makes the best subs!

451130937_473052378654382_7949841282164081751_n.jpg

Don't think I would want a sandwich made by that face. Think you might get extra 'special sauce' if you didn't keep an eye on him whilst he was making it....

5 minutes ago, Keeps said:

How did your bet work out? I would have thought that you would have been settled at half stake as a pay-out. That's the usual way with Bet365 as a tied outcome.

My bad, looks like 6 shared the golden boot.

1. Dani Olmo Spain 3 (0) 2 5 341
= Georges Mikautadze Georgia 3 (1) 1 4 346
= Cody Gakpo Netherlands 3 (0) 1 6 525
= Ivan Schranz Slovakia 3 (0) 0 4 334
= Jamal Musiala Germany 3 (0) 0 5 423
= Harry Kane England 3 (1) 0 7 605

Normal settling rules mean you should have had 1/6th off your stake applied to the odds you took. Assists etc. shouldn't come into it.

32 minutes ago, Keeps said:

They will probably go for Potter or Howe. I think they will go for an English manager. If they do consider a foreign boss then anyone but Mourinho please 🙏

Hope not Lampard

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Expat68 said:

Hope not Lampard

Never liked him but begrudgingly have to admit he was a good player. Perfect example of good player doesn't mean good manager. I'd be surprised if he was offered a job in the Championship, no chance of getting the England job (I hope).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Lee Carsley.  Continuity...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Can't see it personally but there are worse candidates. He has been manager of the under 21's for 3 years so he certainly knows all the good young ones coming through.

You should have a couple of quid on that - might be a good shout.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

He also knocked back the Republic of Ireland manager role in March. Perhaps he knew there was something more appealing coming along?.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keeps said:

Bet won thanks.  Reduced payout as you mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Way too much flak going Southgate's way but he had to go, one way or another. Keeping him on would have been rewarding failure.

The players have to take some of the flak.

Pickford hoofing the ball long continuously was just retarded, no top sides ever go down that road. How many times did the Spain keeper go long-none.

Its like saying I dont trust the boys in front of me. And why did the like of Rice never show for a pass from keeper? and that set the tone. Severe lack of leadership amongst some senior pros. Can blame game plan, but as the game develops, leaders lead on the park.

• Like 1