Police Raid Uncovers Child Prostitution Ring in Bangkok Karaoke Bar

webfact

48 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Oh really?  most of these girls are from Myanmar, and Cambodia and are Thai Yai with no ID and NO school fool - you need to research more

You didn't answer his question correctly. All children in Thailand are required to attend school for 9 years.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Oh really?  most of these girls are from Myanmar, and Cambodia and are Thai Yai with no ID and NO school fool - you need to research more

I did mean  Children who are legally in Thailand , rather than those in Thailand illegally . Children who were born on Thailand are legally required to attend School in Thailand , including those Tai-Yai kids who were born in Thailand but without Thai I.D , they are legally required to attend Thai schools as well .

You must mean the people that just came across the border illegally with no I.D .

Are you banging those girls for money ?

Appalling behaviour if you are doing that 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:45 AM, Henryford said:

The key word is children, and they don't know what they are doing.

15 16 yo are young adults. Certainly not children. FifTEEN, sixTEEN.

Technically, all are according to report a actually older than 15 but none as old as 17.

So, perhaps a few a year shy of legal adult in Thailand.

Isn't the age of consent in Thailand outside prostitution 16? Maybe 15?

No issue with the intervention, but those women are not children.

At 16 I was driving all around southern California, Mexico. Had full time job in summer, pt during HS. Probably ran thru a dozen gf by 17th bd.

Edited by BusNo8
  • Agree 1

On 6/18/2024 at 6:16 AM, Gottfrid said:

10 year olds has still nothing to do with this, as it regards 15+. Regarding this matter, you can not compare 10 year olds with 15+ as the development during those years are 50% more of their former life. You are far out in the blue. A 15 year old has much more insight in what it means, the outcome and also more knowledge about consequences.

Society has collectively decided that 18 is closer to the mark, and that you cannot compare a 15 year old with an 18 year old. While that's not a one size fits all number - you cannot treat it as a binary 'there was no coercion'. Even at 20, when debt bondage is involved, there is a high risk of coercion. The fact they're underage as well, there's not much benefit of the doubt left.

Some individuals mature faster than others, and any given 15 year old may be better equipped to make decisions than an 18+ individual. You can't legislate for that though. We certainly don't have nearly enough information in this case to make that call.

48 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Society has collectively decided that 18 is closer to the mark, and that you cannot compare a 15 year old with an 18 year old. While that's not a one size fits all number - you cannot treat it as a binary 'there was no coercion'. Even at 20, when debt bondage is involved, there is a high risk of coercion. The fact they're underage as well, there's not much benefit of the doubt left.

Some individuals mature faster than others, and any given 15 year old may be better equipped to make decisions than an 18+ individual. You can't legislate for that though. We certainly don't have nearly enough information in this case to make that call.

Yeah, I know you are right. Just that, I have very hard to understand that the level of todays kids are so much lower. When I was 15, I had lived in my own apartment 1 year and was working every day after school and weekends.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:01 AM, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, a young woman with 16, having had her menstruation since 3 years and some boyfriends in that time, attending bar areas....does not know what she's doing??? You think, the bar manager came to her and offered her the Prostitution job? Oh dear....😳

And how do you know these children had been menstruating for three years? Or that they had had any boyfriends - or that they were 'attending' bar areas? You don't.

Some of these girls are recruited directly from their villages. Some are recruited by others already working in the establishment. They don't need to have been anywhere near a bar area before being recruited. 

You obviously know nothing about how these kinds of establishments recruit the children they exploit.

7 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

And how do you know these children had been menstruating for three years? Or that they had had any boyfriends - or that they were 'attending' bar areas? You don't.

Some of these girls are recruited directly from their villages. Some are recruited by others already working in the establishment. They don't need to have been anywhere near a bar area before being recruited. 

You obviously know nothing about how these kinds of establishments recruit the children they exploit.

Gibberish 🥱🥱🥱

19 hours ago, BusNo8 said:

15 16 yo are young adults. Certainly not children. FifTEEN, sixTEEN.

Technically, all are according to report a actually older than 15 but none as old as 17.

So, perhaps a few a year shy of legal adult in Thailand.

Isn't the age of consent in Thailand outside prostitution 16? Maybe 15?

No issue with the intervention, but those women are not children.

At 16 I was driving all around southern California, Mexico. Had full time job in summer, pt during HS. Probably ran thru a dozen gf by 17th bd.

18 is when a child becomes an adult. It doesn't matter what some backward countries think, as those that put the age of consent at 15 might be uneducated or disturbed individuals without training in child psychology. A child doesn't have the ability to make rational decisions at 15, especially regarding having sex, something which can bring diseases, pregnancies, and the responsibility of a baby, which isn't going to be raised by a 15 year old the proper way. An adult that goes after a 15 year old girl is a predator, taking advantage of extreme naivete.  Driving a car is much easier than raising a baby, although many die here daily because they are underage and not competent enough to operate a motor vehicle. This is but one link that might enlighten you on the subject, as there are many more.............https://shsnorsenews.org/4321/opinion-editorial/what-age-are-we-considered-adults/

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Wow - that's a highly persuasive, reasoned argument right there. Colour me convinced.

It's Gibberish, because you never met young women about 16 years old. They are not playing with dolls and are not into cooking. They are very much the same as any of those girls in London. Don't tell such nonsense they wouldn't know what they do/did. 

(In some countries you could vote recently with the age of 16. You think these young ones don't know what they're doing.

How old are you? Beyond 100? Or blind?😵‍💫

On 6/19/2024 at 6:09 AM, BusNo8 said:

At 16 I was driving all around southern California, Mexico. Had full time job in summer, pt during HS.

And still in the US it is illegal to have sex with anyone under the age  of 18 in many states.  

States where the age of consent is 18 : Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin

Edited by balo