Dual pricing on Shopee?

petermik

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Looking to buy a new Washing machine in Shopee mid month sale....priced with a shop discount of 500 baht plus 800 baht mid month promotion total saving 1300 baht....go for it methinks... but before I order I get the TGF to check it out first.....low and behold on her phone the price is reduced 600 baht and 1000 baht mid month promotion total saving 1600....same shop same product same payment method.

I,m thinking farang pay premium price compared to Thai person?

Because I like to eat rabbit,

After a long search, I found a shop at Shopee that sold this. But upon receipt, one of the 2 packages turned out to be not vacuum but also not frozen, which the website said it should be.
Complained about this to the shop, but it was denied.
Now I have been trying to re-order since more than 6 weeks but it seems the shop is on 'holiday' every time at least that is what I see when I want to re-order.
Also for that reason I wonder, is the ip number known there, and is not being delivered for that reason.
As I have experienced, Thais don't like to get comments related to losing face.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Not too sure if it’s dual pricing based upon language selected - but there is appears to be jiggery pokery on all these sites regarding ip addy logging Sometimes on certain sites they make it clear, it’s a one time discount, if change page and compare prices you lose the special offer. I always get suggested items on aliexpress, the price is cheap on the email and when I click the link it is slightly higher than expected. 

• Agree 1

same advert or same product?
you need to check the listing number (will be in the URL)
it is very common for vendors to advertise the exact same products with different prices and discounts
pull up advert on one phone, then scan the QR to pull it up on 2nd phone to ensure it is the exact same listing

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, RobU said:

I have tried to buy things on shopee. In the advert it gives a discount and free shipping however when I go to the checkout page there is no discount applied and no free shipping. 

Yes   but often use the same link on your phone you get the discount, so check item on phone and see if same price

54 minutes ago, ignis said:

Yes   but often use the same link on your phone you get the discount, so check item on phone and see if same price

I try both methods and the so called discount and free shipping are not applied either way

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Looking to buy a new Washing machine in Shopee mid month sale....priced with a shop discount of 500 baht plus 800 baht mid month promotion total saving 1300 baht....go for it methinks... but before I order I get the TGF to check it out first.....low and behold on her phone the price is reduced 600 baht and 1000 baht mid month promotion total saving 1600....same shop same product same payment method.

Then let your TGF order what you need. Problem solved! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Because I like to eat rabbit,

After a long search, I found a shop at Shopee that sold this. But upon receipt, one of the 2 packages turned out to be not vacuum but also not frozen, which the website said it should be.
Complained about this to the shop, but it was denied.
Now I have been trying to re-order since more than 6 weeks but it seems the shop is on 'holiday' every time at least that is what I see when I want to re-order.
Also for that reason I wonder, is the ip number known there, and is not being delivered for that reason.
As I have experienced, Thais don't like to get comments related to losing face.

Yeah, they are really mean to you.

• Haha 1

and all these ' FLASH SALE '  prices are a load of bs ...   the price will be 5 baht cheaper than usual.  And when you see a good price on an item because it's 100 baht cheaper than another shop,  then click on the shipping and the total price is the same as the other shops ...  they just up the shipping cost.

it's all done with smoke & mirrors  .....   total bs.  

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, RobU said:

I have tried to buy things on shopee. In the advert it gives a discount and free shipping however when I go to the checkout page there is no discount applied and no free shipping. 

I can almost always get free shipping just by going online at noon or midnight when new codes are posted, but you're quite right about item-specific free shipping offers and discount codes. In many cases, those seem to be from months earlier and have long expired, but are never removed from the listing. In the case of "free shipping from this seller for orders over 40 baht", I have never seen a single one that actually gave that benefit - I have no idea what the deal is with those. 

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

when you see a good price on an item because it's 100 baht cheaper than another shop,  then click on the shipping and the total price is the same as the other shops ...  they just up the shipping cost.

I order a lot from Shopee, and I have literally never seen this. 

4 hours ago, petermik said:

I think that's extremely unlikely, but they do vary the coupon offers based on how often you order, how much you spend, which of their games you play, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

I have found the same with Shopee. I recently ordered 2 of one item @ B109 each, total B218 and free shipping. Go to pay and the total has now jumped to B256. The B38 is not a bank buster, its the principal. I put it down to their math being different to mine, or maybe a duff calculator?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You need to collect the free delivery vouchers first before going to checkout

I have done that, still no joy in fact it often says that there are no applicable vouchers via either method

• Like 1

It seems there are 2 types of discount/free shipping methods

1. Seller discount and shipping which is part of the advert and is given by the seller

2. Shopee discount and shipping which is done by a voucher system which you claim at the checkout

My problem appears to be with no 1. Where, as someone else has said, the advert is out of date and the sellers discount/free shipping offer has expired but they haven't removed it from the advert. 

I believe but I am not certain that to make false offers like this is classed as internet fraud. 

• Haha 1

Dual pricing is not possible. It may be a case of your gf having coupons or voucher applicable and you don’t have them. For those claiming free shipping and discount on ad but not at check out, you need to read carefully as there are conditions attached to qualify for either. They have strict algorithms that will catch misleading stuff and will automatically delete the product in question with no dispute allowed. 

1 hour ago, RobU said:

I have done that, still no joy in fact it often says that there are no applicable vouchers via either method

Often ads on shopee and Lazada will say free delivery but it's just a misleading photo, it all comes down to claiming a voucher first which may or may not work. If it doesn't work i switch to other platform or other seller

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

ok Jeff ,  let me ask you, have you ever purchased anything in a Flash Sale and saved 100's of baht from the normal price   ?   because I never have .....  

I don’t know about flash sales and whatnot, but I save a good bit on cat-food and laundry supplies on the 6/6 type sales.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, patman30 said:

same advert or same product?
you need to check the listing number (will be in the URL)
it is very common for vendors to advertise the exact same products with different prices and discounts
pull up advert on one phone, then scan the QR to pull it up on 2nd phone to ensure it is the exact same listing

same supplier/product Toshiba online store 2 different discounts/prices as stated....cheaper by 300 baht on my TGF,s account....ordered already and job sorted.

We both logged in at the same time went to the Toshiba official online store and as I have stated previously she got the better deal....go figure?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

They have strict algorithms that will catch misleading stuff and will automatically delete the product in question with no dispute allowed. 

In your dreams, otherwise why would that strict algorithm not catch brand-new 2Tb WD Blue SSD's sold at 500 baht.

Or items with brand names, while that real brand doesn't even manufacture that item?

I can give you hundreds of such cases that are active for long time on both platforms. I have even reported several of them, with solid evidence included.

Why do you think that if you return an item that is fake or isn't as promised, you are not allowed to write a review? Simply because Shopee or Lazada doesn't want to be exposed for them supporting their bogus sellers

Edited by CallumWK
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Where the delivery addresses the same on both devises? that will make a difference to delivery charges, especially on big items