Foreigner Assaulting Thai Woman on Walking Street in Pattaya

webfact

A couple of posts against community rules have been removed.

Reminder of rule 17. The ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, criticizing grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Maybe she should have asked his permission first before filming......her actions were pretty stupid, the man was already hyped up what did she think would happen. That is not to excuse his violence towards her but she wasn't very street smart.

Blame the victim huh?  deport him

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Here we are blaming the bars for being open, or maybe it was just a question. In that case, the answer might be, they have closed but people are still finishing up their drinks.

Here we are putting blame on the woman who filmed the situation. Luckily, there are brave people like that among us, so guys like this can be seen on social media.

This is solely the stupid foreigners fault, and he is the only one to blame.

You are absolutely correct.

Its incredible how many herein try to blame anything Thai, for whatever a foreign moron does.

In fact, that moron deserve a lot lot better treatment, before the cops arrived!

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

First questions: Why do you see it as me being intolerant of you having a different opinion than me? Have I started any problem over that? Have I showed my "intolerance", in reality opinion, in any different way than you have been showing yours. Does that make you as intolerant to my opinion as I am to yours?

Answer: No, we both have different opinions, and to not agree. That has nothing to do with intolerance. Also never said that I do not respect your decision.

Second question: Why do you feel the need to bring in my wife time after time in this discussion? Do I go as far as making it personal with you?

Answer: NO I don´t, as that falls below the dignity you shall show a person you have a discussion with.

Having said that, there is actually no problem if you would grab my wife in case shsame bad like the man we are talking about in this piece of news. That would be if I was not there, as I in that case already would have handled the situation.

Yet again, at the end of your post above you are referring again to my intolerance to those who have a different view, in realty you. As you can see, we are posting messages back and forth, which simply mean you can not tolerate my opinion either. I would not go as far as not tolerate, and so does not look good on you as you at the same time post you respect my decision. But, on the other hand, that was maybe only in regard to looking forward to grabbing my wife as a childish comment coming from you. I suggest that you grow up, and start having conversations without bringing your desire for another persons wife into it. That only shows the mindset of a hormone filled teenager that can´t control his urges

Incoherent babble

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh yeah! He really seemed scared. What are you missing. He was the aggressor! A scared person will try to walk away, not escalate the problem. Did he look scared to you?

he was clearly trying to walk away and was prevented from doing so by a number of people. Why they wanted to prevent him from walking away is the salient part to this and is the part that is missing. 

So we're all left to speculate and create a story. 

He seems to be asking the mouthy one if she wants his trousers at some point - so something has happened in the build up here. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nickcage49 said:

If you're close to a person who's hitting everyone, it's probably a really bad idea to film it. And based on her handle "Social Hunter 2022", I'd bet she is a social media wh*%e who needs attention. So I'm not too upset about what happened to her.

I don't think the social news site and her are one and the same. She's just a camera person who gave the video to a group page.

Just now, BobBKK said:

Blame the victim huh?  deport him

No, but she didn't act in her own best interest. What happens to him is up to the Thai judiciary, I can imagine that he will appear in court, be fined, pay recompense to the victim and then be deported. These days, with the abundance of smart phones, people are quick to photograph anything, sometimes discretion is the better part of valour, gawking and rubber necking are natural reactions, photographing is a whole new level and not very healthy.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police promptly intervened, with officers from the tourist police taking control of the situation. They advised the injured woman to report the incident to the local police station.

She's in front of police officers. Could they not just do a report filing there?

9 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Incoherent babble

Nah, it´s not, but you and another person today, has managed to bring my wife into the conversation, which is not ok.

But, anyway, I have told her about it and she sends her greetings and appreciate the attention you have given her. 

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, that´s probably what a caveman would do, that has no ability of self control as well as no ability to make a discussion.

Wilmour never received anything like that from Fred

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Maybe she should have asked his permission first before filming......her actions were pretty stupid, the man was already hyped up what did she think would happen. That is not to excuse his violence towards her but she wasn't very street smart.

I’d like to know the full story of what led up to this. 

Also, I’m pretty sure in Thailand it is illegal to photograph or video someone without their permission and then to upload this footage is a breach of the Computer Crimes Act. In one photo they have pixeled out his face but not the footage.