Tik Tok vs Facebook

scubascuba3

Both are good if properly used. They are however completely different. Tiktok is a video app with short videos, lot's of entertainment but also interesting how to answers and others. Videos are shown one after the other chosen by the algorithm.   Facebook is a photo and video app to mostly communicate with friends and find interesting content as well. Facebook starts with your friends first.

Tiktok is only really interesting once you use the bult in algorithm to your advantage. That means register and start to click videos you like. The app will then find similar content for you. 

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, msbkk said:

Both are good if properly used. They are however completely different. Tiktok is a video app with short videos, lot's of entertainment but also interesting how to answers and others. Videos are shown one after the other chosen by the algorithm.   Facebook is a photo and video app to mostly communicate with friends and find interesting content as well. Facebook starts with your friends first.

Tiktok is only really interesting once you use the bult in algorithm to your advantage. That means register and start to click videos you like. The app will then find similar content for you. 

I don't use facebook for the friend stuff, just groups, feeds, reels. Maybe I'll try tiktok as i like the short videos on facebook and YouTube 

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

I'm down to youtube and An for now.

#metoo

i've never had any other social media i find it all quite strange. to each their own though but as the saying goes.

if you didn't pay for the product....you are the product. 

6 hours ago, stoner said:

#metoo

i've never had any other social media i find it all quite strange. to each their own though but as the saying goes.

if you didn't pay for the product....you are the product. 

Thing is you don't know what you don't know. I wondered what a thai gf was doing on facebook all the time, i know now, i do it

On 6/24/2024 at 4:41 PM, Hummin said:

What I found annoying, I get police violence and abuse in usa, Tate, a long list with wannabee fighting channels, Trump, and numerous of conspiracy themes, because I like to fact check and find sources when I see something interesting. 

Soon off grid I hope. Worst addiction ever

I have none whatsoever, no social media, oops forgot thaifriendly maybe the account still active, but that was it

12 hours ago, 2baht said:

You'd rather give your information to the Americans than the Chinese, that's ok!

TikTok is essentially controlled by the CCP. The chinese govt  has access to anything they want. Facebook is a private company, not the US govt. Pick your poison.

I use neither. AN is the closest I get to (anti)social media.

Edited by gargamon
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, gargamon said:

TikTok is essentially controlled by the CCP. The chinese govt  has access to anything they want. Facebook is a private company, not the US govt. Pick your poison.

How comfortable has to be living in your simple head? 🤔 Just parrot everything media feeds you without thinking, analyzing or getting information on your own. 🫤 Just get fed and then go around and repeat what were you told.

gargamon

TikTok is owned by China goverment and they are spying on us and if I don't vote for these politics (only which can save me) China will hack me. 

- source: talking head in the TV told me that

• Ownership Breakdown of ByteDance:
    • Majority (around 60%) is held by global investors: This includes investment firms from the US like BlackRock.
    • Founders and Employees hold 40%: This breaks down to 20% for founders and 20% for employees, including a significant number in the US.

So, while ByteDance is a Chinese company, the majority ownership comes from global investors. It's important to note that ByteDance does have a complex structure, with one subsidiary having a 1% ownership stake held by Chinese state funds.

Edited by AnotherOneHere

On 6/24/2024 at 4:41 PM, Hummin said:

What I found annoying, I get police violence and abuse in usa, Tate, a long list with wannabee fighting channels, Trump, and numerous of conspiracy themes, because I like to fact check and find sources when I see something interesting. 

Soon off grid I hope. Worst addiction ever

Best of luck and agree 100%. I'm sure some can master getting more out the internet than it detracts from the quality of life but I struggle with finding the right mix.

Nothing wrong with Facebook I use it often to talk to my Thai family and friends, Messenger is free, beats a phone call. You also can make a video call which is free as well. I don't like Market place to many scammers. I don't get involved with Tik-Tok which is mostly for video clips. I met my wife on Facebook 21 years ago I also talk to my sister very often (who lives in Germany) so I have no problems at all.

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

It is not healthy to give private companies or government backed companies so much power as we volunteered giving them through by using their services. 

A golden ticket to total control for authoritarian governments

7 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

How comfortable has to be living in your simple head? 🤔 Just parrot everything media feeds you without thinking, analyzing or getting information on your own. 🫤 Just get fed and then go around and repeat what were you told.

gargamon

TikTok is owned by China goverment and they are spying on us and if I don't vote for these politics (only which can save me) China will hack me. 

• Majority (around 60%) is held by global investors: This includes investment firms from the US like BlackRock.
    • Founders and Employees hold 40%: This breaks down to 20% for founders and 20% for employees, including a significant number in the US.

So, while ByteDance is a Chinese company, the majority ownership comes from global investors. It's important to note that ByteDance does have a complex structure, with one subsidiary having a 1% ownership stake held by Chinese state funds.

yes because blackrock are the good guys. who exactly are the 60 percent global investors. it would be interesting to see a breakdown of that. 

10 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

gargamon

The Chinese government has access to everything bytedance knows about you. Who owns it on paper is irrelevant. Ask Jack Ma who ran Alibaba. He thought he was in charge and was missing (aka in ccp custody) for a long time because he did stuff the CCP didn't like. 

Go and peddle your Chinese propaganda elsewhere.