Surachate 'Big Joke' Hakparn challenges Thai PM over dismissal

webfact

35 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

The guy has so much more wealth than what his salary is come on you know the guy corrupt TIT

Everyone of them is wealthy … only if you tell me they were already wealthy before they join the police force then I will start to trust them a little … lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I liked some of the things he did as immigration police chief he made life in Chiang Mai liviable. But he just doesn't get it his fellow workers and higher up do not like him even though he isjust like them. Big Joke just pushes the big boys the wrong way.

15 minutes ago, paul545 said:

Try googling it and you will find the links yourself. Here’s one for you to look at. His wife’s family are worth billions. https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2653830/big-joke-says-he-paid-reporters

Pol Gen Surachate told local media that he pays about 1.5 million baht a month out of his own pocket to cover the expenses of his team because the police department often lacks the resources needed to pursue certain investigations.

A deputy national police chief earns a base salary of 78,000 baht a month. Pol Gen Surachate said the money he spends comes from his wife Sirinatda, the daughter of Bancha Panitchapong, a billionaire transport and property tycoon in Songkhla, his home province.

so daddy in law actually foots the bill of 1.5 million and expects no favors in return? in itself, that is corruption.

if you think daddy in law, or big joke's wife expect nothing in return for this you are, to say the least, quite naive.

Another recipient was a native of the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The reporter came with a team of three or four to cover his activities, Pol Gen Surachate said.

The money was intended to cover their meals and travel costs when they visited the provinces to cover cases in which he was involved, he said.

“I am generous. … I have done this since I was an inspector,” he said. “At my news conferences, I gave each reporter 500 baht for their meals and petrol. … The money was mine and was not from a gambling website.”

about helping reporters? wow... buying the media's opinion so when and if he gets challenged he will have all these reporters who one day may be editors in his pocket.

thanks @paul545 you helped me make my point

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2