Recommend a computer I can order from Lazada.

giddyup

23 hours ago, BigStar said:

Not sure why it has to be a laptop. It appears the OP isn't interested in a laptop anyway.

Quality parts have their own warranties. No warranty lasts forever. Laptop repairs are comparatively expensive, BTW, and may not be worth the cost. Same issue may exist w/ OP's AIO. I'm not a big believer in those.

But I'm not averse to the idea of buying a good brand such as Dell, and I preferred one in another thread here to a cheap build.

Reminds me of recurring boxes threads on reddit, such as Anyone else keep all their boxes? I'd need a storage room for the parts boxes I've unpacked over the years, however.

JIB uses nice, sturdy, handsome boxes, BTW. I've repurposed one to hold a bunch of cables.

All good - but up to the OP how he does it - as a self-confessed IT luddite he is better off buying brand model as is.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/25/2024 at 7:18 AM, giddyup said:

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I bought my present Lenovo All-in-one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's starting to give problems. It's started to get slow, also problems with the on-off switch, so time to upgrade. I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line. It's more convenient for me to order direct from Lazada than trawling around computer shops, so any recommendation appreciated. Happy to spend a max of 25,000 baht.

In short, Lenovo will offer you the best specs on paper for a 24" screen within your budget, as illustrated by @SpaceKadet Though ASUS can offer a 27" screen within budget, which might be preferable. Bigger fonts for reading and bigger screen for media playback. If you purchase this month, they offer a two year accidental damage warranty in addition to the three year on-site warranty.

https://th.store.asus.com/asus-aio-m3702-m3702wfak-ba003ws.html 23k.

I recommend that you go outside to take a look around at least one shop in order to compare finishes and screen sizes. Then of course you can purchase online afterwards.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:41 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

All good - but up to the OP how he does it - as a self-confessed IT luddite he is better off buying brand model as is.

That’s as may be but as others have pointed out, the OP has stated he isn’t interested in a laptop which is what you’ve advised him to get.

Edited by Stanton681

On 6/25/2024 at 10:17 PM, giddyup said:

How do these specs look?

Brand

Lenovo

Model

ThinkCentre Neo 30a 24 (12CE00CGTA)

Processor

Intel Core i5-12450H (2.0GHz up to 4.4GHz, 12MB Intel Smart Cache)

Chipset

Intel SoC Platform

Graphics

Integrated Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics

Display Screen

23.8" 1920x1080 (FHD), IPS, 60Hz, 250nits, Anti-glare, 72% NTSC

Main Memory

16GB (1x 16GB) SO-DIMM DDR4-3200

Memory Slot

2 x DDR4 SO-DIMM slots, dual-channel capable

Max Memory

Up to 16GB DDR4-3200

Storage

512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe® 3.0x4 NVMe®

Storage Slot

1 x M.2 SSD (up to 1TB)

Optical Disk Drive

None

Web Camera

• HD 720p 0° Pre-angle pull up camera, LED indicator • 2x, Array Microphone

Sound Technology

High Definition (HD) Audio, Realtek® ALC256 codec

Audio Jack

1x headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5mm)

Speaker

Stereo speakers, 3W x2, Audio by HARMAN

Network

10/100/1000 LAN

Wireless

Wi-Fi 6 (Intel AX201)

Bluetooth

Bluetooth 5.1

Ports

2x USB 2.0 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 1x HDMI®-out

CardReader

None

Power Adapter

90W 89% Adapter

Battery

None

OS

DOS

Material

N/A

Keyboard Type

ENG/TH Keys

Backlit

None

Touchpad

None

Finger Print

None

Special Feature

N/A

Dimension

(W x D x H) : 54.10 x 20.75 x 43.38 cm

Net Weight

6.70 KG

Package Dimension

(W x D x H) : 20.50 x 65.00 x 55.00 cm

Gross Weight

22.00 KG

Volume

73,287.50 cm3

OP, the unit you mention is okay as an all in one. It has a mobile processor (built for a laptop) but will still be suitable for you needs.

All other specs look okay for your needs with the exception of RAM. There is only 1 X 16gb stick of ram but enough slots for 2 sticks.

This is important because with only 1 stick, the PC memory will only run at half speed effectively. I.agine there there is only one road from point a to point b. If that road has a crash on it, no matter what the speed limit is or how many lanes it has, things slow.

Dual channel is effectively a replication of that road so if one is blocked, the other is still available. When there are no crashes traffic flows smoothly. Now this is an over simplification on a complex subject but is apt.

You could buy another stick of 16gb ram to make it dual channel for about 1700 baht from any PC shop installed.

Alternatively, go to Advice or JIB or Powerbuy or Banana IT or Lenovo  or Dell and ask for a current CPU core 5 Intel or ryzen 5 AMD processor. 2 x16 GB RAM installed in dual channel mode, and a 1 tb M2 HDD.. all the rest is just dressing.

If you get those specs, you will have a solid and long lasting PC without doubt.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LS24 said:

You could buy another stick of 16gb ram to make it dual channel for about 1700 baht from any PC shop installed.

Read the specs again. It says Max Memory is up to 16GB, which is already fitted. Get 2 x 8GBs.

And 22kg weight?

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Lenovo: China

ASUS: Taiwan

ACER: Taiwan

HP Thailand AIO: Made where?

What's your suggestion for a brand to choose?

Good luck finding a Made in USA/UK computer.

Even assembled in these countries from Taiwan/China parts would rise cost significantly.

Some people are not aware that the vast majority of consumer/computer chips comes from TSMC Taiwan. Build with huge machines from ASML Netherlands costing up to 400 million USD each. Even Intel lets certain chips produce at TSMC!

Chips shipped to communist China for assembly, making iPhones and millions and millions of cheap mobile phones, motherboards, graphic cards... you name it.

Don't even think what happens if these two companies are sabotaged/attacked.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Read the specs again. It says Max Memory is up to 16GB, which is already fitted. Get 2 x 8GBs.

And 22kg weight?

Learn something about computing before you give more false information. The bottleneck on total ram is chip dependent. You have a habit of offering armchair falsities. You are a lightweight.

Why Does Crucial offer a 64GB ram kit?

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/lenovo/thinkcentre-neo-30a-24

And further to this, Lenovo and other manufacturers often have incorrect specs ort incomplete specs on their web pages. https://www.lenovo.com/th/en/p/desktops/thinkcentre/thinkcentre-neo-series/thinkcentre-neo-50q-gen-4-tiny-(intel)/12ln007kta

Here is just one more example. Port 8 is classed as a USB C 3.2a when in fact it clearly shows an HDMI port. Contacting Lenovo confirms this as does actual;ly sticking HDMI cables into it.

OP, rest assured you can buy a second 16GB RAM stick to get a 32 RAM total in the all in one you are considering.

Why in Buddha's name would a manufacturer give the maxium amount of ram in one slot and leave the other slot unavailable for use?

image.png.3435c10b7175a2bc9431b57546280488.png

Edited by LS24
added a link

56 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

If you buy a laptop on Lazada, the after-service will be zero - go to a local shop that will give you a warranty.

Not true, at least not if you buy from a reputable seller and a brand name laptop. Warranty card will be included.

Edited by msbkk
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LS24 said:

And further to this, Lenovo and other manufacturers often have incorrect specs ort incomplete specs on their web pages. https://www.lenovo.com/th/en/p/desktops/thinkcentre/thinkcentre-neo-series/thinkcentre-neo-50q-gen-4-tiny-(intel)/12ln007kta

Here is just one more example. Port 8 is classed as a USB C 3.2a when in fact it clearly shows an HDMI port. Contacting Lenovo confirms this as does actual;ly sticking HDMI cables into it.

OP, rest assured you can buy a second 16GB RAM stick to get a 32 RAM total in the all in one you are considering.

Why in Buddha's name would a manufacturer give the maxium amount of ram in one slot and leave the other slot unavailable for use?

A waste of time suggesting this. If Lenovo don't fit the RAM, it may affect the warranty. There is no way that he will do it himself anyway.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

If you buy a laptop on Lazada, the after-service will be zero - go to a local shop that will give you a warranty.

Indeed incorrect. It's only a shopping portal. You can order from Advice via Lazada and sometimes direct from official websites of the manufacturer.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, LS24 said:

Great question for techt@rds. Anyway, it’s nice to have a machine that can easily be modified.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

If you buy from an authorized outlet on Lazada then warranty will be the same as if you buy from a shop. I know because I bought my Lenovo on Lazada and received the same warranty.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, msbkk said:

Not true, at least not if you buy from a reputable seller and a brand name laptop. Warranty card will be included.

You miss the point - a local outlet can help you more easily. Do what you wish - I buy locally as I like the personal service- good luck.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you buy from an authorized outlet on Lazada then warranty will be the same as if you buy from a shop. I know because I bought my Lenovo on Lazada and received the same warranty.

I know, but it's not as easy as going into a local store for help. Good luck packing up your PC and shipping it back. It's a pain in the **** but good luck we all have different viewpoints.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Haha touche!

My technician comes to my house - anyway good luck we can all choose AND also I like supporting local businesses - it's a thing of mine - cheers!

Yes, we can. But the local businesses won't have the models the OP needs in stock. The only places that will have it will be the chains or official outlets. 

3 hours ago, LS24 said:

Learn something about computing before you give more false information. The bottleneck on total ram is chip dependent. You have a habit of offering armchair falsities. You are a lightweight.

Why Does Crucial offer a 64GB ram kit?

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/lenovo/thinkcentre-neo-30a-24

So please explain this instead of insults.

Screenshot 2024-06-29 171011.png

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So please explain this instead of insults.

Screenshot 2024-06-29 171011.png

I have explaind. It is an error. Above is noting 16gb per bank. 

Now, please explain what in a PC would govern a PC to 16gb when the utilised chips technical data allows much higher ram.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, NowNow said:

A waste of time suggesting this. If Lenovo don't fit the RAM, it may affect the warranty. There is no way that he will do it himself anyway.

Will not affect warranty. Please state where that is noted. The PC gets taken to a shop and then RAM is easily and professionally installed.

OP, there seems to be quite a bit poor information on this thread. Rest assured that additional RAM will be fine. If a PC does not accept additional RAM then it will not boot. If it does not boot then the tech will simply remove the RAM and not sell it to you.

OP, you came here seeking logical advice. There seems to be a lot of silly assumptions getting tossed around here.

On 6/25/2024 at 1:18 PM, giddyup said:

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I bought my present Lenovo All-in-one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's starting to give problems. It's started to get slow, also problems with the on-off switch, so time to upgrade. I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line. It's more convenient for me to order direct from Lazada than trawling around computer shops, so any recommendation appreciated. Happy to spend a max of 25,000 baht.

Acer Swift 3..:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Stanton681 said:

That’s as may be but as others have pointed out, the OP has stated he isn’t interested in a laptop which is what you’ve advised him to get.

Get a life mate. I read the first OP and responded. Sure the guy advised 3 posts later that he did not want a laptop - but I had already replied.

BESIDES his 'User Specs' were - quote "I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, etc etc"  On that basis I do recommend a laptop that he can move around the house/flat and even take it somewhere with him - DUH - he aint a gamer. 

Buy a name brand machine already configured and setup - and make it a laptop - that is my advice.

15 hours ago, NowNow said:

Yes, we can. But the local businesses won't have the models the OP needs in stock. The only places that will have it will be the chains or official outlets. 

I had mine built to my specifications. Anyway, everyone can research and choose as they wish. Cheers!