Name one recipe that you cook at home whilst living in Thailand.

ubonr1971

I want to cook more interesting meals for my wife and child. 

Tonight I cooked a red bean soup. Last night soaked the kidney beans in water for 24 hours. Tonight I found a simple recipe: Chop onions and garlic. Cook in a pan. Add tin tomatoes. vege stock. pepper, diced potatoes (white and red), carrots and cerely. Simmer for 1 hour.  I could have added a meat protein but decided to go vege only tonight

My wife and child didnt like it. Ordered grab. 

If you have 1 dish that you cook whilst living here in the LOS please list it here or give a link. Particularly interested in eating less meat. 

thanks

• Like 1

Chicken or pork adobo 

Philippines  equivalent  of pad grapow in as much as it is very popular and easy to make.

My wife really likes it.

Plenty of recipes on YouTube.

One important tip. Ignore the tutorials and add the vinegar last a little at a time. Taste after each teaspoon full. Too much and the whole dish is ruined. Apart from that...very easy. Oh, and Thai vinegar is OK. Does not need to be English vinegar.

Adding cubed potatoes also good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I cook crab curry, it’s hard to go wrong here in Thailand because the curry at the markets is so good. Grab some coconut milk. Some potato’s and the red curry turns into like a gravy. Onions etc. the blue crabs are delicious if you’ve got the patience for it. But they make the broth exquisite 

I like the sound of this. Can you please give me the exact steps of how to do it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

Spaghetti Carbonara (just had it tonight)

Paella (with heaps of chilli to make it acceptable to the locals - Thai-ella)

Coq au Vin - Coq currently marinating in my fridge ready to cook tomorrow.

Like your style as I cook similar and use the slow cooker for the Coq au vin,. Haven't cooked a paella in a while so will get on to that, and a bolognese sauce is easy with not too much meat, but with a few finely chopped carrots thrown in. Also make a Chinese Mabo Tofu dish with a little minced chicken or pork, with a smidgeon of sweet and sour sauce added.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Tonight I cooked a red bean soup. Last night soaked the kidney beans in water for 24 hours. Tonight I found a simple recipe: Chop onions and garlic. Cook in a pan. Add tin tomatoes. vege stock. pepper, diced potatoes (white and red), carrots and cerely. Simmer for 1 hour.  I could have added a meat protein but decided to go vege only tonight

If you have 1 dish that you cook whilst living here in the LOS please list it here or give a link. Particularly interested in eating less meat. 

thanks

Almost sounds like American Chili except for the hamburger or ground beef. I will make Chili once in awhile with corn bread.

11 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

thanks

i make  a small portion of pork  spiced with taco mix  half packet 

then make pasta /tiarella  with some pilgrim Italian sauce    most Thai like some spicy food 

other thing you can make is potato with cheese and chilly paste  from local market .

or buy market food try all u will like

I make porridge almost every day for breakfast. It is a pretty good carb for diabetics. Mostly oats, but I change it up with barley and yellow corn grits. Also a few add ins like crushed nuts, raisins, cinnamon, etc.

This morning added a nuked scrambled egg because Narak is always on me about protein.🥰

Already missing part of my great toe from a cat bite infection, so taking the dietary considerations seriously if a bit after the fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kwaibill said:

I make porridge almost every day for breakfast. It is a pretty good carb for diabetics. Mostly oats, but I change it up with barley and yellow corn grits. Also a few add ins like crushed nuts, raisins, cinnamon, etc.

This morning added a nuked scrambled egg because Narak is always on me about protein.🥰

Already missing part of my great toe from a cat bite infection, so taking the dietary considerations seriously if a bit after the fact.

Maybe you should eat something decent so that you are able to fight that cat. 

I boil up vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower until al dente. Buy some sai ua, northern Thai herbal sausage. Put it in a blender with some tasty cheese.

It makes a thick soup, similar to Dutch curry soup or mulligatawny. Low carbohydrate.

• Confused 2