Watching cricket is less and less of a pleasure

Ombra

I like to watch the cricket but sound off and listen to commentary on BBC radio. They paint a wonderful picture of what is actually happening and have a good laugh at the same time. Really have to be into your cricket though.

The other day an Afghani cricket player faked an injury to ensure his country would win (in order to proceed to the semi final) if rain prevented the game continuing. 

His faking act potentially changed the outcome of this World Cup tournament. No action was taken against this cheating PoS. So yes, watching cricket is less pleasurable as a result. 

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/06/25/unacceptable-cheating-cricket-world-stunned-as-afghan-fakes-injury-at-t20-world-cup-after-english-coachs-call/

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

The other day an Afghani cricket player faked an injury to ensure his country would win (in order to proceed to the semi final) if rain prevented the game continuing. 

His faking act potentially changed the outcome of this World Cup tournament. No action was taken against this cheating PoS. So yes, watching cricket is less pleasurable as a result. 

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/06/25/unacceptable-cheating-cricket-world-stunned-as-afghan-fakes-injury-at-t20-world-cup-after-english-coachs-call/

Ah yes. The famous ball tamperers calling foul? Bad losers. You got beat. Stop whingeing.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1

I prefer watching County Cricket to International. Mainly my home county of Somerset on their YouTube livestream, although the ECB seem to be intent on ruining the 4 day game, especially with the introduction of the ridiculous Hundred!

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I followed it for a while when I first came here but as there is no real coverage I lost interest.

After the institutionalised scandals of racism at clubs in England and the Aussie antics I have completely stopped following it.

It is after all a minority sport.

Real cricket is in the top three in Australia, not this rubbish. But good luck to the players (a few) as they earn a lot more from this than traditional cricket.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Real cricket is in the top three in Australia, not this rubbish. But good luck to the players (a few) as they earn a lot more from this than traditional cricket.

I've stopped watching cricket too. But I've become a fan of AFL. And occasionally League and Union. Plenty of quality there.

Edited by bradiston

39 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Huh? You're not making sense. You're whingeing about losing. You're accusing the opposition of cheating. Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong because I was not “whingeing” and furthermore they were not my opposition. I never lost anything hence nothing to whinge about. 

The spirit of cricket was lost and watching it is no longer enjoyable especially as no action was taken against the cheat. 

Edited by Nemises