Slippery highway causes bus to overturn, injuring 37 passengers

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, stoner said:

the number of times i have walked past a thai truck looked at the tires and thought. yep another one. 

That won't stop the forums favourite pendant popping up, telling us the Op mentioned nothing of tyre tread, over inflated tyres, or asking for a link and telling us to prove it [our observations !!]...  :giggle:

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That won't stop the forums favourite pendant popping up, telling us the Op mentioned nothing of tyre tread, over inflated tyres, or asking for a link and telling us to prove it [our observations !!]...  :giggle:

I have requested a special emoji for when he appears.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Preliminary investigation indicates that the accident might have been caused by the slippery road conditions due to constant rain.

any chance this idiot can't drive, I'll bet he was on his phone, there is only one person driving this bus...... the idiot behind the wheel

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Preliminary investigation indicates that the accident might have been caused by the slippery road conditions due to constant rain. The bus was travelling from Bo Win in Si Racha District, Chon Buri, heading towards Nong Khai province, and the accident happened when it was coming downhill at a high speed, making it lose control and flip over on the slippery road.

Nuff said.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the accident might have been caused by the slippery road conditions

Did all vehicles in that area overturn?

If that is the case, then maybe those conditions are to blame, nobody could do anything to avoid it.

But just in case that some vehicles didn't overturn, maybe they even passed the spot without an accident, now what would that indicate?

Maybe that it was possible to drive responsible and no accident will happen?

So, what is to blame, the conditions or the drivers?

qed

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No, No, No !!!....   its so utterly pathetic that the real 'human blame' is always avoided and the blame is placed on an inanimate object - in this case slippery road... 

... This pathetic face saving business Thailand so thoroughly enjoys is costing life after life after life... 

The cause of this accident was not the rain or a slippery road, it was the bus driver driving too fast for the conditions... as was mentioned here... 

Here... corrected that last quote: The accident happened when the 'driver' was driving too fast for the conditions and speeding down a hill at high speed, the drivers actions resulting in a loss of control and the bus skidded and flipped. 

Perhaps as an addition, you could also mention that the bus had slippery tyres, or that the brakes were not working properly.
It wouldn't surprise me.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the accident happened when it was coming downhill at a high speed

After reading Pak Thong Chai district I knew this would come.

Such "mountainous" :biggrin: roads are not for Thai drivers.

I like this road.