Thailand's COVID-19 Surge Expected to Peak in July

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He noted that while cases are expected to peak in July, the current fatality rate stands at 0.04%. This is a significant reduction from the 2.16% fatality rate recorded in June 2021, reflecting advancements in treatment and vaccination efforts.

So nothing to do with June 2021 being Delta and Omicron (Dec 2021) variants being non fatal for the overwhelming majority. Well there you go. Follow the narrative get your boosters and all will be fine.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

Interesting in the measures advised by the disease control department above, getting more jabs is not mentioned.

It's implicit in this statement

This is a significant reduction from the 2.16% fatality rate recorded in June 2021, reflecting advancements in treatment and vaccination efforts.

As Thailand braces for the peak, health officials continue to stress the importance of adhering to preventive measures to mitigate the spread and reduce the impact on the healthcare system.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It's implicit in this statement

I guess its my fault for just reading half of this non news, this is the advice I read and then stopped.

These include wearing face masks in crowded settings, frequent hand washing with soap or alcohol-based hand sanitiser, and undergoing rapid antigen tests if COVID-19 symptoms emerge. Positive cases should consult a doctor for appropriate treatment and avoid contact with vulnerable populations.

aaaahhhh and we all remember Astrazeneca with great fondness....for it was very safe and effective.....So many of our friends and family got jabbed with it....warms my f**king heart that so much care was taken.....that all the information was given BEFORE consenting to it.....and look where that vaccine is now.......well....WHERE IS IT? 

Anyone  else HAD IT with all the bull<deleted>????

• Thumbs Up 1

Posts commenting on forum moderation and with off-topic and unsourced/unsubstantiated claims have been removed.

Per the forum's rules:

In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source.

and

You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues.

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

As someone over 60 with diabetes I fart in the general direction on those who pretend it is like a cold.

type 2 ?  self induced eating garbage for 10-20-30 years till you got it

learn to FAST

you know the thing people who did a gastric sleeve pretended they never could or would die, well most are cured by not being able to eat for a week or more, DUE TO SURGERY

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

I was vaccinated and, when I tested positive, felt no serious effects.

As a kid I had vaccines against polio, measles, and other childhood diseases and never was sick.

I have read people seriously say that Bill Gates put microchips into vaccines to track people, without thinking that they have mobile phones that do it quite nicely thank you.

I simply don't believe non-scientists making wild guesses based on internet gossip..

Betty X on X: ""Honey, come look! I've found some information all the  world's top scientists and doctors missed." #disinformation #fakesnow  https://t.co/Qg4jusK59F" / X

You dont have to look to extremes....plenty of evidence coming out now about the safety and efficacy of these so called 'vaccines' Making people that question the narrative out to be 'conspiracy theorists' in this way is a cheap shot.....Some of us did our 'own research' and guess what????? WE WERE RIGHT. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So nothing to do with June 2021 being Delta and Omicron (Dec 2021) variants being non fatal for the overwhelming majority. Well there you go. Follow the narrative get your boosters and all will be fine.

Oh, you're at it again...........🤔

12 hours ago, webfact said:

He noted that while cases are expected to peak in July, the current fatality rate stands at 0.04%. This is a significant reduction from the 2.16% fatality rate recorded in June 2021, reflecting advancements in treatment and vaccination efforts.

Seems people didn't understand my previous post. The figure of 2.16% comes from the Delta era whereas what we are seeing now and have been since Omicron changed into a basically non-fatal viral infection is a very, very low fatality rate. To say this change is because of treatments and vaccines completely misses the FACT that Omicron and it's variants is essentially a non-severe and non-fatal viral infection.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Seems people didn't understand my previous post. The figure of 2.16% comes from the Delta era whereas what we are seeing now and have been since Omicron changed into a basically non-fatal viral infection is a very, very low fatality rate. To say this change is because of treatments and vaccines completely misses the FACT that Omicron and it's variants is essentially a non-severe and non-fatal viral infection.

Reads like you're still worrying about catching it, calm down, relax, as you said, you probably won't die from it........A fit young thing like yourself too.......🤭