Do you ever feel like a prisoner in Thailand?

Posted (edited)

I've been here 2 years a friend of mine back homes says it's hard to stay 5-6 years in a foreign country. I thought about his comment today and I don't really see myself being here for another 3 or 4 years but the question is where the hell to go to next? 

Edited by Furioso

16 hours ago, mokwit said:

I feel like I am living in a police state. TM30, TM47, stopped in the street by IOs, daily news of rounding up of foreigners. Spot unannounced home visits will be the last straw.

It wasn't me who let in half the third world and now finds they don't want to go back.

Thats the difference.

My wife, married to me, a US citizen (insert almost every Western Country) has, as a permanent resident pretty much the same rights as me, except she can't vote.

Later this year she will become a US citizen, six years after becoming a permanent resident

If Thailand would offer me, as the spouse of a Thai national the same rights I might be tempted to move back

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thats the difference.

My wife, married to me, a US citizen (insert almost every Western Country) has, as a permanent resident pretty much the same rights as me, except she can't vote.

Later this year she will become a US citizen, six years after becoming a permanent resident

If Thailand would offer me, as the spouse of a Thai national the same rights I might be tempted to move back

You'll be happy to hear Thailand offers American women married to Thai husbands the same rights as America offers Thai women married to American men. Actually it only takes 2 years of marriage for an American wife to get Thai citizenship.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

learn to get laid in other countries. africa is nice.

Sex tourists still prefer Thailand and the Phillipines coz there is slightly less aids and they don’t feel so pathetic with their tiny Willy’s like they do around africans

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yamu said:

Sex tourists still prefer Thailand and the Phillipines coz there is slightly less aids and they don’t feel so pathetic with their tiny Willy’s like they do around africans

in the end, it all comes down to penis size

• Sad 1