Labour Set to Win General Election Landslide, Exit Poll Indicates

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

By whom?

As far as I can see Keir Starmer reduced the number of potential seats won and any other Labour leader would have done better.

This was never a Labour victory but a Conservative defeat, and the British voter would have voted for anyone that wasn't Conservative.

They haven't really done much better (in terms of vote share) than they did last time around with just a mere +1.7% increase and have just 34.3% of the vote (so far anyway).  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I said a few weeks back, Reform would do two things, help Labour to a bigger majority and advance the case for proportional representation.

They’ve done both.

I don't often agee with you but you were right on both counts on this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah looks like being the second lowest turnout since 1885.

All Labour had to do was keep their candidates mouths shut.

The next 4 years are going to be brutal. 

All that ‘grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory’.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

perhaps a new ruling could be that the party in power has to give a percentage of their votes at the next election to one of the other parties for each election promise not kept by the time the next  election is called

• Confused 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Your usual astounding denials.

It’s very simple, you claim I have misrepresented your post but when I ask you to explain how so, you fail to do so.

There is nothing to deny because your claim is made without any explanation, evidence or examples.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The question is will Reform join the calls for PR?

First past the post is the only system that ensures the Tories/rightwing can gain power in the UK.

I think they will with 14% and 4 seats to show for it

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We at least agree on the scale and breadth of the mess the Tories have created and which Labour now need to fix.

’Without raising taxes’?

Labour have pledged not to raise taxes on working people.

Since their leader appears to be unable to define men and women, I look forward to them defining "working people".

Of course taxes are going to rise, on everybody and everything!

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Nobody would agree more with you than the Liberal Democrats, been on about PR for decades. Only yesterday ED was saying how this time around they campaigned to suit the existing electoral system, Reform should take note.

Very unlikely there will be another referendum on PR, in fact, following the brexit farce I doubt there will ever be another national referendum held in the UK.

Yes, they have said it for years, but they had their chance and decided to jump into bed with Cameron instead. Never trust a Lib Dem.

1 hour ago, Dionigi said:

perhaps a new ruling could be that the party in power has to give a percentage of their votes at the next election to one of the other parties for each election promise not kept by the time the next  election is called

Voters do that quite well by themselves. It's just that, sometimes, it takes 14 years....

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Yes, they have said it for years, but they had their chance and decided to jump into bed with Cameron instead. Never trust a Lib Dem.

You would have to remind me, when did the Lib Dems get a chance under PR?

Like everyone else they learned not to trust a Tory, and I would think the Fartage.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I said a few weeks back, Reform would do two things, help Labour to a bigger majority and advance the case for proportional representation.

They’ve done both.

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Nobody would agree more with you than the Liberal Democrats, been on about PR for decades. Only yesterday ED was saying how this time around they campaigned to suit the existing electoral system, Reform should take note.

Very unlikely there will be another referendum on PR, in fact, following the brexit farce I doubt there will ever be another national referendum held in the UK.

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Didn't we elect our MEPs for years using proportional representation?

Hang on a mo. That resulted in Farage and his (then party) winning the election!

Silly idea, couldn't have that.

Perhaps we should stick with that (virtually only) other shining example of "first past the post electoral democracy", the USA!

7 hours ago, Tug said:

It’s not my country nor place to make judgmental comments on the state of political affairs in someone else’s country,but I will say whatever the outcome I hope it’s good for England and helps solve her problems blessings to all our brothers and sisters across the pond good luck!👍 

oh its definitely not going to help. Labour are just as useless as the Tory's. neither had a clear set of policies that would drag the UK out of the hole its in. only difference is that Labour will accelerate the net zero madness, allow even more dinghy's, and raid pension pots to top up the tax increases we will now have. we were doomed either way. just as Europe leans right and starts rejecting the woke nonsense, we elect a left wing part riddled with commies. madness.

• Sad 1

Just waiting now for the leftists to declare that Labour didn't really win and do not have a mandate to govern as they only got 34% of the vote with 60% turnout.   It's going to happen any time now.  

[crickets]

31 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Are you trying to say the coalition was created under PR?

Your words

"Yes, they have said it for years, but they had their chance and decided to jump into bed with Cameron instead. "

With the word "it" referring to PR then the implication is the "chance"  was a result of PR.