Labour to Permit 100,000 Migrants to Apply for Asylum

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where’s the bit about someone going to Thailand for six months?

Or even that a house-owner going on holiday changing the house status from occupied to vacant?

You know, all the stuff that you dream up to avoid facing the fact that there are tens of thousands of empty homes across the country.

You link 

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where’s the bit about someone going to Thailand for six months?

Or even that a house-owner going on holiday changing the house status from occupied to vacant?

You know, all the stuff that you dream up to avoid facing the fact that there are tens of thousands of empty homes across the country.

I did use Thailand as an example, although the home owners could be living anywhere else .

I did get my info from the link that you provided in regards to what an empty home i , rather rich that now you suggest that I just dreamt it up 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I'm telling it how it is. facts are not "perjorative".

You've posted a lot of opinion (some of which I have replied to) but I see very little factual information. Shouting that something is a fact does not make it a fact, no matter how emotionally invested you are.

There may be some truth in what you write but there may also be much embellishment.

Additional personal insults weakens your point(s) further.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You link 

I did use Thailand as an example, although the home owners could be living anywhere else .

I did get my info from the link that you provided in regards to what an empty home i , rather rich that now you suggest that I just dreamt it up 

You did, you dreamt up this idea that someone would come on holiday to Thailand and return to find an Albanian living I their house.

Utter emotive nonsense.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

That's interesting but I find it hard to believe, do you have any real data or reliable sources to back that up? (it's a genuine request and not a challenge).

Again do you have data? I lived and worked in Germany at this time and my then girlfriend volunteered at night in the city of Cologne - teaching English and German. A lot of people were evidently struggling, as you'd expect, but many who I met were bright and certainly progressed with German faster than I did. I would be astonished if they could learn German/English so fast whilst being illiterate in their own language.

This is not how I remember it, though granted I am aware our memories are not as reliable as we believe them to be. I did watch the news every night though, to further my German skills but this seems far-fetched to me.

Another sentence that begins with a pertinent point to be discussed, but which ends with an evident bias. Throwing in 'MSM', which implies anyone who doesn't share your views is either gullible, stupid or both - only weakens your point(s).

Unemployment: To the best of my recollection it was an official govt breakdown and some kind of lefty think tank source who were presenting it as an outrage about how the werent assimilating and it was all our fault, rather than wondering if they were work shy/on thee dole and working cash in hand.

Illiteracy: Can't remember it was 2016.

News items: German associate returning from Germany. Accept there may have been hyperbole but I have seen one such story. If it was not every night then that is probably because they couldn't find one of Merkels invitees who had got a job EVERY day - would be 365 in a year!

Hanging around. Only on Social media and now probably only on X. Not what the MSM narrative spinners want us to see.

Doesn't weaken my points. Anybody who believes the MSM is gullible. Having a different view to me doesn't automatically make them "wrong".

Edited by mokwit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

You've posted a lot of opinion (some of which I have replied to) but I see very little factual information. Shouting that something is a fact does not make it a fact, no matter how emotionally invested you are.

There may be some truth in what you write but there may also be much embellishment.

Additional personal insults weakens your point(s) further.

That something is an opinion, does not mean it cannot also be a fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll try to remember that, and occasionally remind you of it.

I know, Simper, Lefties believe humour is very bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You did, you dreamt up this idea that someone would come on holiday to Thailand and return to find an Albanian living I their house.

Utter emotive nonsense.

You don't seem to have read the link that you provided .

Shall I tell you what was written in your link ?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

You don't seem to have read the link that you provided .

Shall I tell you what was written in your link ?

He never does. 

• Love It 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are many houses empty - Liverpool has hundreds, maybe thousands of them. You can buy a 2 up 2 down like Ringo Starr was brought up in for GBP 10,000. Usually they are in areas of the country where the work went away. Of course if you were on welfare they would be suitable, providing nobody painted the doors red and caused people who had apparently fled the Syrian war to have the worst experience of their lives (according to the Guardian)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I didn’t say ‘facts are pejorative’ I referred to your pejorative generalizations .

Snd your need to twist a topic that is not about Muslims into a platform for you to engage in those generalized pejorative views.

A topic on illegal immigration into the UK/asylum seekers is also about Islam, just you can't see it doesn't mean its not there.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So the cutting through the misrepresentation of facts:

There are 102,000 people awaiting assessment of their asylum claims.

Of course these need to be processed, not left to rot at tax payers expense as has been the policy up until last week.

And an added bonus, the multi £million drain on tax payers money, AKA the Rwanda scam, is ended.

Unfortunately the £370,000,000 already handed to Rwanda for nothing in return cannot be recouped. 

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/commentaries/the-uncertain-financial-implications-of-the-uks-rwanda-policy/#

Hey, your lot now have the purse, let's see what happens and if you go all quiet.......😂

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Good luck with that.

One thing I didn't see or perhaps missed was the time period.

Was that 100,000 per month or per year, and for how long?

Where will they all live and who will pay the cost for their housing, water, rates, build the roads, shops etc?

Will they get priority with housing over the local people in the UK where the cost of buying houses is extremely high as are private rentals? If they do get priority, Why?

If the houses that are to be built, council houses at low (ish) controlled rates, who will pick up the difference. The local council? Where will they get the extra money from?

Not forgetting that 100,000 extra people per year will need extra resources, such as police, doctors, dentists, hospitals, council workers, dustmen. street cleaners etc.

Where will they find enough jobs for them all at decent livable wages?

It is a nice warm cuddly plan that seem to have been written on the back of a fag packet by dreamers with no costings and a magic money tree.

Reality may come as a big surprise to some people.

It will also encourage many thousand's more to come across on boats in the future 

• Agree 2

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

It will also encourage many thousand's more to come across on boats in the future 

Which is what the UK needs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not forgetting that 100,000 extra people per year will need extra resources, such as police, doctors, dentists, hospitals, council workers, dustmen. street cleaners etc.

From memory it was estimated that the cost of fixing the teeth of Merkels 800k would be EUR4bn. Sorry can't remember where I read it in 2016 but it was some kind of Govt employed dentist.

• Like 1

they will be out of power after 1 term of office due to unpopular ideas, road pricing and a quicker ban on petrol and  diesel cars will make reforms term of office easy

ban on cars is deeply  unpopular as many cant afford an e car

and building on green belt land will see em em gone quickly

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You need all the workers to build the economy. 

It's that simple? You just import workers and the economy is built?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It's that simple? You just import workers and the economy is built?

Yes. More people mean more sales of every description, higher housing costs, lower wages and better utilization of public services. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Hey, your lot now have the purse, let's see what happens and if you go all quiet.......😂

My lot?

But I do agree, let’s wait and see.

None of this predicting the future HS.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

There are many houses empty - Liverpool has hundreds, maybe thousands of them. You can buy a 2 up 2 down like Ringo Starr was brought up in for GBP 10,000. 

Yes, but that was in  1957 , prices have gone up since then 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pickwick said:

Ok, so unable to blame the 'lefties' of Labour (common are we; - sorry, no idea why I have the wombles theme tune in my head when writing that); as I was saying, unable to blame the lefties of Labour you are now claiming the Tories are also left of centre. Now we have people who vote for Labour, the Liberals and the Tories as the problem. Probably the Greens too, as they like nature and stuff. That would be a large majority of the electorate.

There answer is clear: anyone who disagrees with you is the problem! 

Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere?

I suppose that might happen in your world. But your political bias and unreasonable criticism is such that I don't believe your world is the real one.

Left wing ideology is the issue.

I don't care if people call themselves Conservative, Liberal, Labour or whatever. 

The name they choose is often the opposite of what they represent. Like the Democrats currently supporting a presidential puppet in Biden controlled by faceless goons behind the scenes. Or Labour dumping immigrants into working class communities to drive down their wages despite high unemployment. 

Modern day liberals are the most illiberal, spiteful, vindictive bunch of clowns for decades. No offence BTW.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1