Optometrist Joke

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What you seem to have got was a cleaner pretending to be an optician 

Maybe what happened is she was verifying my current Rx in the exam room, rather then doing an actual new exam.

She did ask for my old Rx and also the dumb questions about having contacts in one eye or both. No normal optometrist would ask that.

Opticians are allowed to verify current prescriptions. Or some wigged out new person on their first day and really nervous?? Only thing I can think of. There's no way she will last in that high end shop. The customers won't stand for it.

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

She also asked me several times if I was currently wearing contacts in both eyes, or just one eye. I don't know anybody who is corrected in only one eye, maybe that's a thing here.

I wore only one for years as advised by my provider in the UK.

• Thanks 1

Eye joke: 

Guy goes to a brothel and tells the madam that it's his birthday, he wants something really special. 

Madam says, "we'll, today's your lucky day, I'll take care of you myself", and she drops to her knees in front of him. 

Guys says, "wait a minute, I've had countless BJs, I said want something special."

Madam holds up a hand to quiet him, pops one eye out and puts it in a glass and points to the socket. 

Guy goes at it, and when he's done, thanks the madam, and tells her it was the best he's ever had, and that he'll certainly be back again. 

To which the madam responds: "I'll keep an eye out for you." 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

I asked my Thai Mrs if she had ever had a eye test by an optician? I described pressure tests and digital imaging of the inside of the eyeball. At age 56 she hadn't a clue what I was talking about. She buys 100 baht reading glasses off the street markets. We have an independent optician in our small town and I've noticed two branches of the well known blue and white chain in our next larger town 11km away. I'm very tempted to go in just to find out what they offer (or don't) in the way of eye examinations?

If the Blue & White involves Top in the name  be prepared to be disappointed. Have never yet met anyone who have had good results.

Luckily I chanced on a non franchise Optometrist many years back in a small town near me.

Sells frames and lenses budget or top of the line. Will complete eye test with written prescription, grind and fit lenses to your choice of frames or your  existing, including bi focals, will tint to whatever degree you want. All while you wait 45 minutes max !

Never paid more than 2500 Bht.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

If the Blue & White involves Top in the name  be prepared to be disappointed. Have never yet met anyone who have had good results.

Luckily I chanced on a non franchise Optometrist many years back in a small town near me.

Sells frames and lenses budget or top of the line. Will complete eye test with written prescription, grind and fit lenses to your choice of frames or your  existing, including bi focals, will tint to whatever degree you want. All while you wait 45 minutes max !

Never paid more than 2500 Bht.

A gem of a place! It's knowing where to find these independent optometrists. I'm most fortunate. After wearing single vision then varifocal lenses for over 40 years my vision has improved to such an extent that I no longer need correction. It's my Mrs whom I'm trying to convince to get her eyes tested!

1 minute ago, The Fugitive said:

A gem of a place! It's knowing where to find these independent optometrists. I'm most fortunate. After wearing single vision then varifocal lenses for over 40 years my vision has improved to such an extent that I no longer need correction. It's my Mrs whom I'm trying to convince to get her eyes tested!

I'd like to know your secret in reversing  macular degeneration !

• Agree 1