Will Michelle Obama now Run For President and Win? (Best Outcome?)

Dear Folks,

Would a successful Obama Run be the best thing for America?

Also, would a successful Obama Run be full of drama?

(Trump is not overly fond of either Obama.)

Let's ask the people who know best:

When Biden was asked if Mrs. Obama is the best person for his job, he said, "I don't think I did."

IMHO, in this election, we should always listen to the GEEKS's advice. The geeks among us have a better feel for what is happening, these days.

The extroverts are making no sense, obviously.

It only the geeks that see through the glass more clearly now.

Regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  OBAMA in 2024?????     (good, better, best?)

54 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The geeks among us have a better feel for what is happening, these days.

thank you ........

ps....you know my thoughts on she who cannot be named. 

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

hubby will be the real power behind the curtain.

If this is the case, then would that not still trump Trump?

A pair of Obamas beat One No Trump......correct?

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

She isn't running.

Period.

End of story.

Next

We'll see. 

I give it 50:50 he'll hang on to the end, dragging the Dems down with him (including the down ballot).  And if he does step down or get pushed aside, it's 50:50 whether Michelle gets drafted in "to save democracy".

In any case, the longer they wait to announce, the less scrutiny their appointed candidates will undergo.

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

We'll see. 

I give it 50:50 he'll hang on to the end, dragging the Dems down with him (including the down ballot).  And if he does step down or get pushed aside, it's 50:50 whether Michelle gets drafted in "to save democracy".

In any case, the longer they wait to announce, the less scrutiny their appointed candidates will undergo.

Chance of Michelle.

Under one percent. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think she would be a good outcome, IMO you are demented. Other than being married to the president what experience does she have of running anything, let alone a country?

Which means, in effect, if she did win ( and the US is IMO full of loonies that probably would elect her ) hubby will be the real power behind the curtain.

However, if she did replace Biden, she might have to debate Trump, and that would be very interesting.

Anyway, I suspect she has too much sense to consider it.

The polls is on her side, so the longer Biden claims he will show up before his withdrawal, the higher the chances for a total run over by any other candidate, just in relief. 

In August we will know who will be the replacement of Biden

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

In August we will now who will be the replacement of Biden

What will be truly interesting is to see how the Dems will contort the election laws to get their anointed one on ballots in states where the filing deadline has already passed.

If they can extend statutes of limitation to allow a lawsuit from 30 years ago (or maybe 29 or 31 years, the plaintiff can't remember what year she was raped), surely they can get past any pesky election laws.

Or maybe they just waited too long, and are stuck with a guy that most Americans can clearly see is unfit for the task.  

Edited by impulse
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

What will be truly interesting is to see how the Dems will contort the election laws to get their anointed one on ballots in states where the filing deadline has already passed.

If they can extend statutes of limitation to allow a lawsuit from 30 years ago, surely they can get past any pesky election laws.

Or maybe they just waited too long, and are stuck with a guy that most Americans can clearly see is unfit for the task.  

I think 7 august new candidates have to be mentioned, and selected middle of august. 

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Would a successful Obama Run be the best thing for America?

Good <%#¥$@>’n grief no! Why is that the lefties go for the worst possible choice?

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I think 7 august new candidates have to be mentioned, and selected middle of august. 

It varies state by state.

With no opinion on my part, here are some details about Ohio...

In 2009, Ohio changed the deadline for a qualified party to certify the names of its presidential and vice-presidential nominees from 75 days before the general election, to 90 days before the general election. 

Now the problem has arisen for 2024, because the Democratic convention is August 19-22...

It says the Ohio legislature may pass a bill changing the deadline. If it does not, the Democratic Party would have an easy lawsuit to strike down the deadline.

https://ballot-access.org/2024/04/06/for-the-third-presidential-election-ohio-deadline-for-parties-to-certify-their-presidential-nominees-is-again-a-problem-for-one-of-the-major-parties/

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/06/politics/biden-ohio-ballot-election-conflict/index.html

1 minute ago, impulse said:

It varies state by state.

With no opinion on my part, here are some details about Ohio...

In 2009, Ohio changed the deadline for a qualified party to certify the names of its presidential and vice-presidential nominees from 75 days before the general election, to 90 days before the general election. 

Now the problem has arisen for 2024, because the Democratic convention is August 19-22...

It says the Ohio legislature may pass a bill changing the deadline. If it does not, the Democratic Party would have an easy lawsuit to strike down the deadline.

https://ballot-access.org/2024/04/06/for-the-third-presidential-election-ohio-deadline-for-parties-to-certify-their-presidential-nominees-is-again-a-problem-for-one-of-the-major-parties/

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/06/politics/biden-ohio-ballot-election-conflict/index.html

I still believe the longer they wait the bigger the relief and hopefully an better man or woman! Michelle could do the job and be elected, but she doesnt want the job, but still think her image would be better than those two heading for the battle right now

34 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think Obama will run, and if she wins, she'll be even worse for the country than her husband, as hard as that is to imagine. 

If she wins ? 

Get real folks.

If there is a change it will need to be before the democratic party convention in which Biden could simply withdraw from seeking the nomination.

After that before the election, the only way will be for him to resign from the presidency or die in which case Harris becomes president and also the incumbent.

In my view, the best chance to win (Michells has zero interest) is to go with Governor Whitmer who would likely sweep the Midwest and also Pennsylvania.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Get real folks.

If there is a change it will need to be before the democratic party convention in which Biden could simply withdraw from seeking the nomination.

After that before the election, the only way will be for him to resign from the presidency or die in which case Harris becomes president and also the incumbent.

In my view, the best chance to win (Michells has zero interest) is to go with Governor Whitmer who would likely sweep the Midwest and also Pennsylvania.

Govenor who ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

I'm a Republican, and I will not be embarrassed if she runs. 

She would win by so much that the republican party would be embarrassed. 

24 minutes ago, stoner said:

Govenor who ? 

Name recognition is overrated.

Democrats need a fresh start and as Carville says: HOPE.

Harris is not that.

The only advantage that Harris has over Biden is that she's younger.

Who can replace Biden? Democrats have good options to beat Trump (usatoday.com)

If the switch is to Harris, Shapiro is a higher probability pick for her VP.

She won't pick Whitmer because that's two women. 

Edited by Jingthing

Here's a list of all the things Michelle Obama and others that know her (including her husband) have said about the chances of her running for president. 

"April 26, 2012 - At a White House event, a child asked Obama whether she ever plans to run for office. "Absolutely not," the then-First Lady responded."

May 29, 2012 - When the hosts of The View asked Obama about rumors that she'll run for office, she said, "Those are other people's rumors." "I am not interested in politics," she continued. "Never have been."

September 25, 2012 - [Michelle Obama stated:] "It takes a lot of patience to be president of the United States. I'm not that patient."

May 30, 2014 - Sitting for an interview, President Barack Obama restated what he said on The View: "One thing I can promise you: Michelle will not run for office.

June 23, 2014 - When talking to ABC News, Michelle Obama again shut down the possibility of her run, saying that she is "definitely not" seeking higher office and instead plans to focus on service.

June 29, 2014 - NBC News asked a senior White House advisor, Valerie Jarrett, whether there was any chance of another Obama candidacy. "No," Jarrett said flatly. "I'm absolutely, 100% positive that will never happen."

January 14, 2016 -During his first visit to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, someone asked President Obama not about his policy platform, but about his wife's desire to run. "Let me tell you, there are three things that are certain in life: death, taxes, and Michelle is not running for president," he said.

March 16, 2016 - Michelle Obama spoke at a South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, and again clarified her stance: "I will not run for president. No, nope, not going to do it."

December 19, 2016 - Oprah asked Michelle Obama if she ever plans to seek office. Obama [...] said that she would not subject her children to another grueling political campaign.

"I'm not coy," she said. "I've proven that. I'm pretty direct. If I were interested in it, I would say it. I don't believe in playing games."

April 27, 2017 - A Q&A in Orlando, Florida, turned to the question of a possible Obama run, and again the former FLOTUS brought the answer back to her family.

"I wouldn't ask my children to do this again because when you run for higher office, it's not just you. It's your whole family," she said.

April 5, 2018 - At a forum in Boston, Massachusetts, Obama said that Americans cannot turn to any woman and demand she run simply for the sake of making history.

"There are millions of women out here who are inclined, who do have the passion for politics," she said.

"I have never had the passion for politics. I just happen to be married to somebody who has the passion for politics, and he dragged me kicking and screaming into this arena."

October 11, 2018 - Obama went on The Today Show to announce a new program, though again ended up answering the question about a potential political bid."I have never wanted to be a politician," she said. "It's one of those things that nothing has changed in me to make me want to run for elected office."

November 13, 2018 - In her memoir, Becoming, Obama immortalized her disinterest in running for office in ink: "I'll say it here directly: I have no intention of running for office, ever."

March 18, 2019 - On an episode of Conan O'Brien's podcast, Obama said that eight years in the White House was more than enough. When O'Brien asked if she'd throw her name into the mix in 2020, she answered with a resolute no.

November 14, 2022 - Obama told the BBC that the question of whether she'll run for office is the one she hates being asked most. Still, she clarified her position: "No. I'm not going to run."

April 24, 2023 - In a more recent interview, Oprah repeated her question, this time asking about 2024, not 2020. Again, Obama said that she has "never expressed any interest in politics. Ever."

March 5, 2024 - Obama's communications director, told NBC that Obama supports Biden's bid for reelection and has no plans to run. She gave the same statement to Business Insider on July 5."

I don't know what anyone else takes from all that, but I take it to mean she has absolutely no interest in running.