Vaccine advise

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

I've just obtained a quote myself. It is, as you state, very easy. No questions about pre-existing conditions. Have you received, completed and returned the medical questionnaire they mention?

I did everything online at one time.  They was no mention of any medical questionnaire.  The policy was issued about 2 weeks ago and is active with no pre-existing conditions or exclusions. 

35 minutes ago, how241 said:

I did everything online at one time.  They was no mention of any medical questionnaire.  The policy was issued about 2 weeks ago and is active with no pre-existing conditions or exclusions. 

You didn't see this? 

12th July 2024Plan start date

The Current Quote price shown above is based only on the information you have currently provided and benefits you have selected. If you proceed, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire for yourself and all other persons to be covered by this policy. Cover will be considered by our medical underwriting team and shall be subject to the policy terms and conditions.

Back image button
Save quote button image
Download quote button image
next button image

Follow your personal doctor΄s advice and do not seek online advices for drugs use you will regret it.

The doctor will open your medical record (file) and he knows you very well so it is irresponsible to write you "no" or "yes" for any drugs use. This is doctors assignment and not us.

So go again in your doctor and if you agree with him then follow his/her instructions otherwise it is your own responsibility if you already have an underlying disease. Do not ask drug΄s advice online you will regret it.

I am not doctor or any medical profession (I am officer in Hellenic Air Force) and I hate dirt hospital and any doctor prescription to any drug but it is for my own. I do not have any knowledge to "advice" you "yes" or "no" to others professions.

Thanks God I have to go to dirt hospitals or to take any drugs even panadol or aspirin for headache since 25 years ago and certainly I am unvaccinated to any vaccine because I do not trust "manufacturers" big pharma financial "tricky" games.

I trust myself when I feel very well because in medical science "run" to cure desease΄s people and not healthy people as unfortunately we experienced during corona "season".

Edited by Paris333
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

You didn't see this? 

12th July 2024Plan start date

The Current Quote price shown above is based only on the information you have currently provided and benefits you have selected. If you proceed, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire for yourself and all other persons to be covered by this policy. Cover will be considered by our medical underwriting team and shall be subject to the policy terms and conditions.

Back image button
Save quote button image
Download quote button image
next button image

No,  I didn't see this.  Are you applying for Cigna  Global ?

On 7/10/2024 at 3:47 PM, how241 said:

I want to get current on all the required vaccines. I am a 70 year old man in good health.   Last year, against the doctors recommendation, I insisted on getting the pneumonia 23  vaccine instead of the #13 thinking it was newer, better, and covered more viruses. I know foolish.  The doctor said to come back in 1 year and get the #13.  Good idea ?   I also want to get the Zoster-shingles vaccine.  It's been 15 years since my last tetanus booster.  I also was considering the flu shot and possible a covid -19 vaccine ???   I had the Hep. A + B in 2009 so I don't know if I need a booster on those ?  I was reading about a RSV vaccine, don't know if it's a good thing.  Also a 'Chikungunya vaccine ??  Generally speaking it is better to get vaccines one at a time or can you safely get 2 on the same day ??  Thanks for any help or info.  Please don't respond if you are an  anti-vax believer. 

I had the pneumonia vaccine in 2020 purely because Covid can lead to pneumonia. The only reason you need a tetanus shot is if you are bitten by a dog or get a cut in dirty conditions. I have requested the Shingrix shot as I had shingles a couple of years ago (I don't want it again, EVER), but I cannot get it in the UK until I am 70 yet a 65 year old can get it, but not somebody who is 66, 67, 68 or 69. Go figure that one out.

We have the flu jab every September but stopped after two Covid AZ jabs. Too much nasty stuff now provable about the Covid vaccines for me to ever have another one but regular blood tests show that me and my wife have good immunity from catching Covid a couple of years ago. They admitted a few days ago that 61 people died from blood clots in the UK from the AZ vax.

You haven’t said where you live but you only need half of those you mentioned unless you are travelling to an area where the illnesses you mention are prevalent.

No way would I have two different vaccines on the same day and having had two AZ vaccines and then they wanted to switch us to Moderna or Pfizer. Not a chance.

I want to make it to 70 at least and vaccines that I don't need are not the answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, connda said:

Most of those are recommended for first time travelers to Thailand.  Regarding Rabies.  If you deal with animals in Thailand I'd recommend the five shot series.  I deal with a lot of animals as I have 9 dogs of my own and take care of temple dogs and strays including cats.  So I stay up to date on my Rabies.  Rabies IS endemic in Thailand.  Nips happen. 

Rabies pre-exposure is 2 shots.  The 5 shot series is for post-expisure.

Yellow fever is not needed unless entering Thailand from an endemic area. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, how241 said:

Yes. I've already received a telephone call plus email from; Adam Iskander at his office in Dubai. I'm about to send him an email asking for a sample of the medical questionnaire before I do anything else. Unfortunately, I have history of treatment for raised blood pressure in 1986 (although normal since with no treatment being required) and minor surgeries. More recently I passed out due to low blood glucose. I have previously been told that raised blood pressure is an definite exclusion (no matter how long ago) as is low blood glucose (A/E admission in Thailand).

13 hours ago, how241 said:

There is normally a medical questionnaire.

In the absence of one, it is a moratorium policy. Which means most things will not be covered in first 6 - 24 months. I have not known Cigna International to do this. 

What exactly do your policy documents say? Who is the contract with?  What Agent did you use? If a Thai Agent then this will normally be a Thai-issued policy. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, how241 said:

Exactly what website did you apply on, and what documents do you now have saying you are already insured with no exclusions?

What he showed, is normally shown on Cigna Global website and a medical questionnaire does have t be completed before your insurance takes effect. Unless what you applied for is not Cigna International at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is normally a medical questionnaire.

In the absence of one, it is a moratorium policy. Which means most things will not be covered in first 6 - 24 months. I have not known Cigna International to do this. 

What exactly do your policy documents say? Who is the contract with?  What Agent did you use? If a Thai Agent then this will normally be a Thai-issued policy. 

I hope I have the correct policy.  Here are some photos of my policy..

https://www.cignaglobal.com/ma/app/home

GLOBAL HEALTH OPTIONS

Silver

Policy number: 921151352
Renewal date: 5 Jul 2025

Your plan includes:

• Annual benefit limit: USD 1,000,000.00 
  •  
  • WorldWide Excluding USA
  •  
  • Health & Wellbeing

Some more of my policy:

Cover

Policy number:
9211xxxxxx
Renewal date:
5 Jul 2025

Policy members

Name Date of Birth Exclusions
Mr XXXXX XXXXXlph 4 Aug 1954 No

Some more of my policy:

Health plan

Each customer is entitled to the following health plan benefits per policy year.

GLOBAL HEALTH OPTIONS

Silver

• WorldWide Excluding USA
  •  
  • USD  1,000,000.00  Annual benefit limit 
  •  
  • USD 0.00 deductible 
  •  
  • 0%   cost share  
  •  
  • USD  0.00  out of pocket maximum 

Benefits

• International Health and Wellbeing

More:  

CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE Policyholder MrXXXX XXXX ....XXX Moo 10 Pattaya Nongprue 20150 Thailand Global Individual Health 1 Knowe Road Greenock Scotland PA15 4RJ www.cignaglobal.com : +44 (0)1475 788182 Cigna Healthcare ref – CIOP14 08 Jul 2024 Your Policy Details Policy Number 921151352/1555148 Period of Insurance 05 Jul 2024 to 04 Jul 2025 Area of Cover WorldWide Excluding USA Policy Currency USD Plan Benefits Cigna Global Silver Int Medical Insurance $0 Deductible Int Health and Wellbeing

Medical Exclusions In addition to the standard policy exclusions in the Policy Rules, we will not pay for any medical attention or treatment arising directly or indirectly from the condition(s) stated below: SDFASDFASDFASDFASDFASDFASDFASDF Insured Name Medical Exclusion Mr XXXX XXXXX....Medical Exclusion :empty-zero

Premium Details Due Date Premium Amount Applicable Taxes (incl in premium) 05 Jul 2024 662.35 0.00 05 Aug 2024 662.34 0.00 05 Sep 2024 662.34 0.00 05 Oct 2024 662.34 0.00 05 Nov 2024 662.34 0.00 05 Dec 2024 662.34 0.00 05 Jan 2025 662.34 0.00 05 Feb 2025 662.34 0.00 05 Mar 2025 662.34 0.00 05 Apr 2025 662.34 0.00 05 May 2025 662.34 0.00 05 Jun 2025 662.34

I hope I have the right policy....This is starting to worry me....I bought directly from Cigna,  selling lady in Dubbi...I have had several conversations with her and the chat staff to correct a billing error and my date of birth....All is correct now...

Posted (edited)

I ask Pattaya Bangkok Hospital to submit to Cigna for vaccine coverage.  As Sheryl had already show me this was not covered.  Cigna wrote 'denied'.  No surprise there but to me it confirms that my policy is in full force. 

I think that 'maybe' people get an  medical questionnaire form if they have exclusions.   When I applied I did answer about 10 questions about smoking, alcohol, and other medical issues.  I answered NO to all so maybe that's why there was no  medical questionnaire  for me...I don't know....First time I am buying insurance.

Edited by how241

Posted (edited)

Medical History questions: from my policy

Q1 Has any applicant had symptoms of, been diagnosed with or had treatment for Cancer or Tumour; Heart Condition; Stroke, Brain or Neurological Disorders; Diabetes; Hepatitis or any Musculo-skeletal condition? No

Q2 Has any applicant had symptoms of, been diagnosed with or had treatment for any Liver, Kidney or Lung problem, Gastrointestinal problem, Urinary, Gynaecological or Prostate condition, Mental Health condition or any Drug or Alcohol misuse or dependence? No

Q3 Apart from what you have already told us, is any applicant taking any medication or receiving any treatment for a medical condition? No

Q4 Are any applicants awaiting any test results, treatment or investigations or expect to have a review or follow up for any current or past medical problem not already mentioned? No

Q5 Does anyone have any illness, condition or symptom not already mentioned? Please include details of any known or suspected issues whether or not medical advice has been sought or a diagnosis reached. No

Edited by how241

Denial letter....As expected...

Greetings from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya!

Please be informed we have received email denial from Cigna insurance stating that vaccinations are not covered under this policy.

I also attached copy of the email message for your reference.

Posted (edited)

If I can't find the high dose Influenza vaccine in Pattaya,  could I just get 2 shots of the regular dose....Maybe spread them apart ??  Would that be similar or just plain wrong ?

I see that there are now 4 private hospitals in Pattaya.  Hopefully, I can find all the vaccines I need without a trip to Bangkok.

Thanks for any info.

Edited by how241

1 hour ago, how241 said:

I think that 'maybe' people get an  medical questionnaire form if they have exclusions.   When I applied I did answer about 10 questions about smoking, alcohol, and other medical issues.  I answered NO to all so maybe that's why there was no  medical questionnaire  for me...I don't know....First time I am buying insurance.

No  everyone gets a medical questionmaire. Exclusions are decided on after that based on the information provided.

Possible that the "about 10 questlons" you refer to was the medical questionnaire. Did it ask about prior surgeries, prior hosputalizations, regular medications taken? 

Addendum   just saw your more recent post.

So you did in fact complete the  medical questionnaire (hopefully truthfully). 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, how241 said:

If I can't find the high dose Influenza vaccine in Pattaya,  could I just get 2 shots of the regular dose....Maybe spread them apart ??  Would that be similar or just plain wrong ?

I see that there are now 4 private hospitals in Pattaya.  Hopefully, I can find all the vaccines I need without a trip to Bangkok.

Thanks for any info.

BPH website lists it as a package/promtion 

https://bangkokpattayahospital.com/services/packages-and-promotions/

I am less sure about being able to find updated COVID vaccine in Pattaya but as it now emerges you have had 3 prior COVID vaccinations plus several COVID infections  less urgent if not planning to travel. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

P.S. policy documents look fine.

Thank you VERY much for your time in reviewing this.  I was starting to get concerned but I am now comfortable that all is good...Thanks again.

34 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

BPH website lists it as a package/promtion 

https://bangkokpattayahospital.com/services/packages-and-promotions/

I am less sure about being able to find updated COVID vaccine in Pattaya but as it now emerges you have had 3 prior COVID vaccinations plus several COVID infections  less urgent if not planning to travel. 

I am  not planning on traveling but I will still check at the now 5 private Pattaya hospitals and see if they have this new covid-19 with Omicron...I am leaving my house right now to go to the newer Jomtien Pattaya Bangkok Hospital.  It is 5 minutes from my house.  They confirmed that they have the pneumococcal 13 that I need BUT to further confuse things I see they are offering a #15....I don't see much about that one on Google.  They also are running a Elderly Influenza vaccine package,  starting today....Thank you SO  much for that promotion link...

46 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

So you did in fact complete the  medical questionnaire (hopefully truthfully).

Yes I did answer truthfully  and I have only ever been in the hospital for a colonoscopy in 2014....Eyelid surgery(plastic)  in 2010...So my medical history records should be clean.  I don't take any meds. regularly. I have been very lucky, health wise. 

Thanks again for all of your help. 

On 7/10/2024 at 11:09 PM, Sheryl said:

Should also gef Shingrix vaccine.  Needs 2 injections 2 months apart

Is SHINGRIX generally available now in Thailand?  Hospital only or is it also available to clinics?  Approximate current cost?

10 minutes ago, dddave said:

Is SHINGRIX generally available now in Thailand?  Hospital only or is it also available to clinics?  Approximate current cost?

Became newly available about a year ago. Mainly just hospitals. Only clinic I know of that had it is Medconsult in Bkk which is also the least expensive source I know of --  5,590 baht per injection with no add on charges (unlike hospitals).

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Became newly available about a year ago. Mainly just hospitals. Only clinic I know of that had it is Medconsult in Bkk which is also the least expensive source I know of --  5,590 baht per injection with no add on charges (unlike hospitals).

Thanks Sheryl.  One further question.  I just checked the BPH immunization link you posted.  I'm curious.  What is the difference between the B2000 "over 65" flu shot and the B800 shot advertised picturing a younger family?