Kamala Harris Surges as Top Choice to Replace Joe Biden, Poll Reveals

Social Media

26 minutes ago, anntv said:

dems can only win by upping the the vote like with undocumented arrivals...

A thread in the Political Soapbox

leads with this REPORT from Utah’s Gop Senator Lee .

Good catch @anntv

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet, presumably the same people rejected her in the primaries as a POTUS candidate. Clutching and straws comes to mind.

They have a problem with the candidate being out to lunch mentally, and want to replace him with an unlikable and IMO incompetent contender- way to go. Seems the Dems cupboard really is bare when it comes to an alternative to Biden, LOL.

Yes, her ratings were so low, she withdrew before the primaries even got under way.  Ended her attempt way back in Dec 2019 :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Poll was among registered Democrats which is really not the issue. 

Need to see a poll of all potential voters for Trump vs. Harris. 

A summary here

"A flurry of polls conducted in the wake of the debate show Harris performs roughly the same as Biden against Trump (who has been leading the president by a slim margin for months), with some surveys showing Harris with a slight advantage to Biden and others showing Biden outperforming Harris in a hypothetical matchup with Trump."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/07/09/heres-how-kamala-harris-performs-in-polls-against-trump-as-she-emerges-as-most-likely-biden-replacement/

Edited by candide

54 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

He wasn't my first choice, but still far ahead of anyone the Democrats have on their rather thin bench.  Lots of potential democrat candidates are stepping aside. On the surface, they are pledging allegiance to Biden (and therefore Harris). But the reality is that they are looking ahead to 2028 and don't want to screw up their chances next time. Shapiro, Gov. Wes Moore, Sen. Mark Kelly, all will bide their time. 

Shapiro wants it now. 

If there's a real open convention there will be a number of attractive options including a favorite of mine Amy Klobuchar. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Kamala Harris cannot beat Trump. She is competent in many areas but she wont defeat the Trump machine. He is on track for another term, possibly two. God help us.

Let's have an epic fight before surrendering to fascism.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The only way democrats can regain any respect is to just call the BS, and say we need a new candidate! No respect left for the democrates, and lets hope one of them have the balls to step up, and say Im up for it and call out Trump and his BS

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Shapiro wants it now. 

If there's a real open convention there will be a number of attractive options including a favorite of mine Amy Klobuchar. 

I don't know a whole lot about Gov. Shapiro, but he seems like a fairly middle-of-the-road type, might make a good president some day. However, why are you not sold on Harris? What is it that keeps her out, do you think?  It would creat a huge stink to replace a Woman of Color with a Man of No Melanin.  I don't think she will give up voluntarily. 

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

Hilary lost to Trump and so will this woke puppet.

You could say that.

Or you can admit that the one of most prepared and experienced candidates in US history lost to a vast right wing conspiracy lasting decades.  Causing some of her most natural cadre of voters to stay home.  Or, to abandon their ballots to Dr Jill Stein who recieved zero electoral college votes.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Let's have an epic fight before surrendering to fascism.

We will recover from Trump, just as we have recovered from many other crisis-situations. One man cannot sink the ship of state. Trump will be dead soon and his MAGA followers will have no place to go.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Poll was among registered Democrats which is really not the issue. 

Need to see a poll of all potential voters for Trump vs. Harris. 

She has to convince Democrats first. Not an easy task.

21 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

You could say that.

Or you can admit that the one of most prepared and experienced candidates in US history lost to a vast right wing conspiracy lasting decades.  Causing some of her most natural cadre of voters to stay home.  Or, to abandon their ballots to Dr Jill Stein who recieved zero electoral college votes.

Good lord, what a load of pap.

She was moderately prepared and experienced. Won a senate seat as a Democrat in New York- not much of a feat. Was an average at best Sec State. No experience as a leader. Undeniably smart, but terrible political skills.

If you want "most prepared", I would say Mitt Romney. Successful businessman and entrepeneur, governor, nearly beat a Kennedy in Massachusetts, morally unimpeachable and good family man. Plus great hair. 

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

Vice President Kamala Harris is emerging as the leading contender to replace President Joe Biden at the top of the Democratic ticket, according to a recent poll.

I can only hope that's a joke.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Good lord, what a load of pap.

She was moderately prepared and experienced. Won a senate seat as a Democrat in New York- not much of a feat. Was an average at best Sec State. No experience as a leader. Undeniably smart, but terrible political skills.

If you want "most prepared", I would say Mitt Romney. Successful businessman and entrepeneur, governor, nearly beat a Kennedy in Massachusetts, morally unimpeachable and good family man. Plus great hair. 

And thanks to his principles and impeachment votes against Trump completely beyond the pale of GOP consideration this election cycle.   SAD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I don't know a whole lot about Gov. Shapiro, but he seems like a fairly middle-of-the-road type, might make a good president some day. However, why are you not sold on Harris? What is it that keeps her out, do you think?  It would creat a huge stink to replace a Woman of Color with a Man of No Melanin.  I don't think she will give up voluntarily. 

Shapiro brings Pennsylvania. 

He's got rizz 

I'm looking for the best chance to crush maga definitively.

Whitmer or Klobuchar are best for the electoral college. 

Obviously not Harris.

Too much baggage.

High negatives on her personality.

Perception of lack of success as VP fair or not.

Ignore polls now.

Look at fundamentals. 

In an open convention Harris can compete too.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Yes! I recommended this right after the BIdden/Trump Debate. In fact, I recommended Biden resign as president immediately and let Harris assume the presidency now. 

11 hours ago, Tug said:

If that’s what happens I’d be fine with it ,I’d love to see her pick Adam kisnger (I’m sure I misspelled his last name) he’s the Republican that was part of the j6 committee he’s a patriot and a vet and I’m sure the real republicans would be delighted and it’s truly bipartisan 

Desperate strokes for desperate folks.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Shapiro brings Pennsylvania. 

He's got rizz 

I'm looking for the best chance to crush maga definitively.

Whitmer or Klobuchar are best for the electoral college. 

Obviously not Harris.

Too much baggage.

High negatives on her personality.

Perception of lack of success as VP fair or not.

Ignore polls now.

Look at fundamentals. 

In an open convention Harris can compete too.

All very reasonable.

Yet the problem is HOW do you get Kamala to step aside if Joe resigns? She would be fully justified in saying that, as VP, she is next in line. Case closed.  I have to admit it would be fun to watch, but...