1-night hotel booking for TM30?

Hey all, I posted on this a couple of weeks ago but just read something worrying. Been in Thailand almost 30 days with 30-day exemption received at airport on arrival. On Wednesday. I was planning to get a 30-day extension at CW and because I have no way of getting a TM30 from the friends I'm staying with. I was planning to stay in a hotel the night before so they register me before I go to CW. However, I read some chats on Reddit last night where people who tried the same thing were refused because the TM30 did not show where they had stayed prior to their 1-night hotel bookings.  Anyone have recent experience of this? 

I do not have recent experience however immigration should receive screenshot of your TM30. 

BTW since you entered visa exempt you do not attend CW for 30 day extension.

You will go to IT mall LakSi.

(not far from CW)

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I do not have recent experience however immigration should receive screenshot of your TM30. 

BTW since you entered visa exempt you do not attend CW for 30 day extension.

You will go to IT mall LakSi.

(not far from CW)

Hey Jack, thanks, and yep, I know I get the extension at Laksi but I was told to go to CW first to pay a late fine for the TM30. I was told that if I go to Laksi without a receipt for the TM30 fine, they would just tell me to go to CW first and do that and then go back to Laksi for extension. 

Just relax and don't go to pay fines you haven't even got yet!

Go to hotel,  ask for paper copy of TM30 report and go to Immi.

I've done it many times in Jomtien and so far never problems.

PS. If you do so I don't think they fine you or care what happened prior to TM30 reporting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gypsy is correct.

I've done the 1 night hotel stays multiple times over the years, in different cities, and never had a problem.  I just did it again last week.  Brought a printout of the hotel TM30 to immigration.  Official mumbled something about previous days and told me to go to another counter to get a "Receipt of Notification".  Took an extra 3 minutes to do and I was good to go.  No further questioning, no fees.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, ouagadougou said:

Gypsy is correct.

I've done the 1 night hotel stays multiple times over the years, in different cities, and never had a problem.  I just did it again last week.  Brought a printout of the hotel TM30 to immigration.  Official mumbled something about previous days and told me to go to another counter to get a "Receipt of Notification".  Took an extra 3 minutes to do and I was good to go.  No further questioning, no fees.

Was that at Laksi?

11 hours ago, steve0101 said:

Reddit last night where people who tried the same thing were refused because the TM30 did not show where they had stayed prior to their 1-night hotel bookings. 

Ask the hotel beforehand if they di the TM30 .

I have booked into a hotel, got my TM30 and not bothered to stay the night , just paid 400 Baht for a TM30 to get a visa extension 

• Thumbs Up 1

samut prakarn, as where I live, flatly refused the idea of a 1 night stay for the tm30

I thought, 2 years ago, to just pay a fine for not reporting, but no...

no tm30 ->   BYEEEEEEE, back to homeland

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, john donson said:

samut prakarn, as where I live, flatly refused the idea of a 1 night stay for the tm30

I thought, 2 years ago, to just pay a fine for not reporting, but no...

no tm30 ->   BYEEEEEEE, back to homeland

You mention that's where you live, so let me ask you, did you try to apply for a long-term extension using a 1-day hotel booking for "residence"?

For the 30-day extension for the purpose of tourism that is being discussed here, a 1-day hotel stay is usually acceptable, as tourists are expected to travel around. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

For the 30-day extension for the purpose of tourism that is being discussed here, a 1-day hotel stay is usually acceptable, as tourists are expected to travel around. 

Exactly.

The OP will be attending LakSi and is a tourist.

Don't recall a report of TM30 screenshot provided from hotel not being acceptable.