Adult Braces

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thai girls do it all the time, my friend had hers around 27 to 33, dentists milk it as long as possible

I'm planning to get it from the country where I am now as I am aware of many Thai dentists and their milking ways haha. Thanks for the response though.🙏🏻

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

My eldest daughter...42.....had braces fitted....for 12 months (I think) and she now has to wear a guard for umpteen hours a day to stop the teeth from moving back to where they were.

About 6000 GBP in total (UK prices)....but her teeth do look very good and totally natural.....not 'Hollywood'.

Thank you so much for the reply. I just recently turned 40, my lower teeth is bugging me as I feel like it has started to crowd. I was just worried if it will be so irritating or would it affect the way I speak.😆 Glad your daughter had an awesome outcome.🙏🏻

19 hours ago, CLW said:

It is more like fashion and trying to look cute. And a good business for dentists.

I know a lot of Thai women do it for fashion but it's not like that in my case. My lower teeth is bugging me, and before it becomes worse I want to get it fixed.😭 

20 hours ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

Has anyone here gotten braces in their late 30s or early 40s? How was it? Was it worth it? 🙏🏻

I am interested too. I am 87.

• Haha 2

I had braces as a teenager, because that was the norm then - ie wait until your facial bones stop growing, and then correct the misaligned or overcrowded teeth. I had them from the age of 14 until I was 17. No problems , 63 now, and they still look the same. (ok, maybe a bit more worn out!).

My Thai wife had a minor issue with protruding upper teeth and was quite self conscious about it. She had braces for 3 years to correct this, in her early 30s. The end result was very good, but she was still required to wear a 'retainer plate' at night after the braces were removed. She lost the plate and we had another made (5K!) - and after 5 days (the time to order and receive retainer)- her teeth had moved so much that it no longer fit! - as WBG mentioned above.

She now has a different retainer that she wears most nights, is comfortable for her, and her teeth still look great!

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

My eldest daughter...42.....had braces fitted....for 12 months (I think) and she now has to wear a guard for umpteen hours a day to stop the teeth from moving back to where they were.

About 6000 GBP in total (UK prices)....but her teeth do look very good and totally natural.....not 'Hollywood'.

Who paid for this!

🚀🙈😳🐷😂😬