Aftermath of the Trump Assassination Attempt Staring into the Abyss

Social Media

11 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Really? When was their constitution written? Was there armed conflict in the area at the time? How did the relationship with the allies affect the politics at the time? How many political parties were there?

I could go on and on but I suggest you leave the discussion now because clearly you can only spout propaganda. Anybody who compares Weimar Germany to the USA merely demonstrates ignorance.

Anyone who doesn't believe that what happened in Germany could happen in their country is a fool ... and you're well qualified for that role. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Hitler came to power in a democracy … he didn’t go straight to building extermination camps … it all built up slowly. Get in power, take over the institutions that ensure checks and balances, ban the opposition (enemies of the people) and expel and jail anyone who could foster any type of opposition. 

I used to have a similar view to you … “that’s not possible here, that would never happen”. Yet it is happening in front of my eyes, and I can’t understand why so few people don’t see the danger? 

Jerry Springer story, as an illustration. I watched him on tv one day many years back, he was being interviewed, it was not his show. He told the story of his father, who had fled the Nazi’s. Springer went to visit him, I think his Dad was a very old man at the time, and not really up to driving. Yet he had a fully serviced car in his garage? Springer asked his Dad why he kept a car he’d never drive. His answer - “in case they come again”. At the time I thought like Springer, that his Dad was preparing for an event that could never happen in the US. I was wrong. I suspect his Dad lived in a Europe where such a thing could never happen … yet he subsequently lived that experience. There was nothing special about Germany, it wasn’t a unique characteristic of the people that brought Hitler to power. The sad fact is that it can happen in any country force fed propaganda and lies. Springer’s old dad understood better, because it was a lived experience for him. 

and the US citizens are being force fed propaganda nonstop, but it's clear as day here, they dont recognise it at all, cnn, msnbc, abc,wopo, rueters, they are all doing it, have you seen the clips of the news anchors saying exactly the same words, then it flicks from station to station, news anchors all reading from the same script, saying the exact words.

you are correct, the propaganda you mention is happening in front of your eyes, but its you it being done to, and you're totally oblivious....the fact you are even bringing Hitler into a Trump thread is proof alone!

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

True. But I'll wonder to my dying day how so many Americans (and Europeans) could be duped by a lying, cheating (in more ways than one), con-man, thief...multiple² business failure, charity robber, misogynist, shyster, fake university creator, tax evader, convicted sexual abuser and felonious punk. It's even more mind-blowing and boggling than deity beliefs. 

It used to be people would ask about a candidate:

"Would you buy a used care from this man?"

Who would answer yes to that question with respect to Trump?

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He didn't have the enablers in place he has now. The checks and balances are no longer there, he'll only appoint people who say "yes"  ... consider how many former Trump appointments warn about giving him a second term? Trump has been charged with 88 felony counts across four criminal investigations ... but the politically stacked Supreme Court will give him a free pass. And these are only the crimes that are known. We could also talk about the rape and sexual assault allegations ... and in particular the ones related to Epstein and a 13 year old girl. We could question why Saudi Arabia transferred $2billion to Jared? A guy with no investment experience. We can consider whether his Russian links were properly investigated? God knows what else. 

you sure are a msm Rachel Maddow follower.  all these allegations that suddenly arise as soon as he runs for office, and then continued to pop up after...but never in all those 30+ years when he was also a major celebrity figure..gee, what a coincidence 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Anyone who doesn't believe that what happened in Germany could happen in their country is a fool ... and you're well qualified for that role. 

In other words, propaganda trumps facts and anyone who doesnt buy into the political brainwashing and insists on facts is a fool.

Reckon its better to be a fool than an ignorant one. You are so clearly unfamiliar with the USA that your statements are becoming sillier and sillier.

Folks from Europe shouldnt comment on American politics.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

It used to be people would ask about a candidate:

"Would you buy a used care from this man?"

Who would answer yes to that question with respect to Trump?

I would. It would be a great negotiation.

56 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Anybody who compares Weimar Germany to the USA merely demonstrates ignorance.

This is so important in context with all the non stop horseshhhh that is vomited onto this forum

15 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

In other words, propaganda trumps facts and anyone who doesnt buy into the political brainwashing and insists on facts is a fool.

Reckon its better to be a fool than an ignorant one. You are so clearly unfamiliar with the USA that your statements are becoming sillier and sillier.

Did Q tell you that? For someone that’s “clearly unfamiliar” with the US I see comments on many platforms, from prominent US citizens and ordinary citizens, that agree with me that US democracy is under threat. Nice try at gaslighting, but no cigar! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Did Q tell you that? For someone that’s “clearly unfamiliar” with the US I see comments on many platforms, from prominent US citizens and ordinary citizens, that agree with me that US democracy is under threat. Nice try at gaslighting, but no cigar! 

Notice how he sets up the straw man.

The Leninist position: Our propaganda machine spews out vitriol and hatred as well as lies and hoaxes, therefore it is true.

39 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

you sure are a msm Rachel Maddow follower.  all these allegations that suddenly arise as soon as he runs for office, and then continued to pop up after...but never in all those 30+ years when he was also a major celebrity figure..gee, what a coincidence 

You mean like Epstein and Weinstein? They were around for years before they were held to account. But it’s true that stepping into the political arena results in closer scrutiny. It’s not really a surprise, because you have an opposition looking for dirt. So not coincidental, totally expected. And it doesn’t mean that what you’re being accused of is false. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Notice how he sets up the straw man.

The Leninist position: Our propaganda machine spews out vitriol and hatred as well as lies and hoaxes, therefore it is true.

You are sure familiar with that commie lingo……humm………

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

Like the last time he was President.

No...like the next time IF he becomes Prez. He now has everything and everyone in place. Corrupt electors, congressional sycophantic dolts, power hungry loser minions, idiotic and unqualified family members, and an illegitimate and unethical Un-supreme court which has unconstiutionally granted presidential absolute immunity. See the diffProbs not, cuz you're either incapable or drunk too much orange 🍊 Kool-aid. Either way, you lose. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Why not?

When you go to a lawyer you want someone with experience, knowledge and wisdom; who better then to educate you all on the evils of a lack of check and balances and identity politics than a continent who suffered most from it's realisation? 

Have any of you read Project 2025, the plan by many of Trumps closest 'top' people and former White House staff for when he gets into power? Trump is trying desperately to distance himself from it but it's backed by soooo many of his choice of candidates to make it almost a foregone conclusion (after all he IS the great deal maker and they ALL have backed him to get a deal).

It's bad. REAL bad.

You don't have to fully understand the USA to fully understand democracy (it was invented a tad before you after all) and therefore how to defend it. You're extreme identity politics (completely started by Trump) will be the downfall of you.

But hey, as long as he's keeping the immigrants out who cares eh?   

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You mean like Epstein and Weinstein? They were around for years before they were held to account. But it’s true that stepping into the political arena results in closer scrutiny. It’s not really a surprise, because you have an opposition looking for dirt. So not coincidental, totally expected. And it doesn’t mean that what you’re being accused of is false. 

doesnt it mean it's true either.

30 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

and just how is it under threat?

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Did you see where Morning Joe was pre-empted the day after the Trump shooting because they didn't trust their hosts and guests not to say something stupid, like advocating more practice at the range?

That's the kind of professionals they hire.  They don't trust 'em.  Neither do I.

Even CNN is having a chuckle.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/14/media/msnbc-morning-joe-pulled-trump-assassination/index.html

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/joe-scarborough-surprised-very-disappointed-msnbc-1236073476/

Tenacious d stopped their tour because one of the members at a recent concert.

Jack black is a clown to begin with so there that.

12 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

No...like the next time IF he becomes Prez. He now has everything and everyone in place. Corrupt electors, congressional sycophantic dolts, power hungry loser minions, idiotic and unqualified family members, and an illegitimate and unethical Un-supreme court which has unconstiutionally granted presidential absolute immunity. See the diffProbs not, cuz you're either incapable or drunk too much orange 🍊 Kool-aid. Either way, you lose. 

yes, above describes Biden regime to a tee!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:
2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

doesnt it mean it's true either.

and just how is it under threat?

Project 2025 … look it up.

just google it bro. big ups.