Trump chooses Vance for VP

I am not American and obviously I don't vote over there.

I have to admit I heard about this guy the first time today. But on the first glance he seems like a good choice.

I also like the fact that Trump did not chose a woman, or a black person, or anything like that just to make some voters happy. He selected what seems to be a competent person. And that person is male and white.

That doesn't mean I don't like women or people of color or other minorities. They might be great; Obama is a good example. 

But doing what Biden did, I want a VP who is a black woman, is just crazy when the first priority should be to find someone competent. Why look in the 5% black women bracket if you can look at 100%.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sleazeball Vance blamed the assassination attempt on Biden's rhetoric. 

Now he's the VP candidate of Trumo a man who has based his entire political career on inciting political violence.

The left would never do this. Never ever. 

• Love It 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I heard about this guy the first time today. But on the first glance he seems like a good choice.

I also like the fact that Trump did not chose a woman, or a black person, or anything like that just to make some voters happy. He selected what seems to be a competent person. And that person is male and white.

That doesn't mean I don't like women or people of color or other minorities. They might be great; Obama is a good example. 

But doing what Biden did, I want a VP who is a black woman, is just crazy when the first priority should be to find someone competent. Why look in the 5% black women bracket if you can look at 100%.

He picked hin for political reasons. The only way Trump can lose now is if he loses the Midwest swing states. Vance is a Midwesterner with rust belt appeal.

The democrats should switch to a Whitmer Shapiro ticket to have a fighting chance.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The shooter was not incident by Biden.

Do you remember the Gabby Giffords shooting?  The lefties blamed it on Sarah Palin.  

• Love It 1

J.D. Vance on the convicted felon:

“I'm a never-Trump guy” “I never liked him” “Terrible candidate” “Idiot if you voted for him” “Might be America's Hitler” “Might be a cynical a**hole” “Cultural Heroin” “Noxious” “Reprehensible”

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited by shdmn
  • Love It 2

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not in a cult. Are you?

We'll if we are going down that road you have way more in common with Biden than i do with Trump or his supporters.

Edited by Cryingdick

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you assuming that Vance is competent because he is a white male?

If not, please tell us what has Vance done to make you think he is competent?

2 hours ago, TedG said:

Do you remember the Gabby Giffords shooting?  The lefties blamed it on Sarah Palin.  

Really? Can you back up that claim?

I do recall a political ad showing Gabby Giffords in a cross hair, but don't remember Sarah Palin being responsible for the ad.

Edited by Danderman123

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

JD Vance was an awful candidate in 2022.

He doesn't appeal to anyone outside Trump's base. What he does is make Ohio unassailable for Biden, so maybe Biden won't spend any money there.

you should be haooy about that. What choosing Vance shows is that trumps can pick who he thinks is qualified without having to stoop to pandering. It is a choice that is made from a position of strength and confidence. I dint think it was the best choice but understand the logic. Who else was there Tim Scott? That guys eyes glaze i er when he starts talking about Jesus.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Are you assuming that Vance is competent because he is a white male?

If not, please tell us what has Vance done to make you think he is competent?

There are lots of white male idiots out there. I don't think I have to explain that smart people and idiots exist in all color shades and races, etc.

I saw a short video about what he did so far in his life. They said he finished Yale Law School in two years, with summa cum laude. I am pretty sure that someone needs to be pretty smart to do that. He was in the marines, which helps him to understand war a lot better than people who play soldier in front of a TV. There were some more points that sounded good.

That was just my first impression. Maybe he has bad political ideas, maybe good ideas. Until now I don't know. I am sure we all will learn a lot about him in the next days.

And if in the next days or weeks I hear lots of bad things about him, then I am not shy to change my opinion about him. Like I said, it was my first impression.

I mentioned male and white because in the western world, in politics and also in universities and some companies, HR tries to hire all those DEI people. They are hired not because they are smart or competent, they are hired because of DEI. And because of that, competent while men are hired last. So, it's nice to see that someone ignores those stupid DEI and LGBTQ+/- and whatever guidelines. I wish the DEMs would do the same.

• Agree 1