Trump picks J.D. Vance as running mate for VP at Republican convention

webfact

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Let me know when you get a scientific education, including in thermodynamics. You can't discuss global warming and climate change intelligently until then.

Trump appointed an oil industry executive as Secretary of the Environment. He will trash anything environmental in a second term, in return for bribes from the fossil fuel industry.

People like you are too ignorant to realize people like Trump are insulated from the effects of climate by their money. The average person is facing higher costs of property insurance, because actuaries can see what's coming.

Especially in Florida but their maga government there is too busy passing anti LGBT laws to do anything about it. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Especially in Florida but their maga government there is too busy passing anti LGBT laws to do anything about it. 

What laws are they, anything about protecting kids from being corrupted by LGBT material in schools?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Given Florida's exposure to hurricanes, on current warming trends it's quite likely properties in coastal areas will become uninsurable in 20-30 years.

The First Law of Thermodynamics at work.

Trump and Vance will be long gone. Future generations will have to deal with the mess they leave, why should they care? It's all about the money.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

What laws are they, anything about protecting kids from being corrupted by LGBT material in schools?

Please explain to me why brainwashing children into believing in something they cannot see, hear or feel is less corrupting.

44 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Are you calling Vance a dickhead? 🙂  His article in The Guardian absolutely eviscerating Trump. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/10/jd-vance-hillbilly-elegy-donald-trump-us-white-poor-working-class

Seems like everything he said was wrong. I wonder what made him change his mind?  

My comment concerned the rag that poses as a newspaper.

Vance himself has admitted that he has seen the light.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Given Florida's exposure to hurricanes, on current warming trends it's quite likely properties in coastal areas will become uninsurable in 20-30 years.

The First Law of Thermodynamics at work.

Trump and Vance will be long gone. Future generations will have to deal with the mess they leave, why should they care? It's all about the money.

A jet? A thunderstorm? No! Look. It's Thermoman!

4 minutes ago, proton said:

HB 1521 criminalizes transgender people for using the restroom that matches their gender identity. The bill prohibits gender-inclusive restrooms and changing facilities in schools, public shelters, healthcare facilities, and jails.

what could be more sensible than this? women need protecting from males pretending to be women and getting into their changing rooms and toilets.

Pretending to be women, huh? You sound like a candidate to move to Florida. Or Russia. 

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please explain to me why brainwashing children into believing in something they cannot see, hear or feel is less corrupting.

I've been to a lot of churches, of many different denominations. 

Not a single one has suggested that cutting off my winkie may solve my transitory teen angst.

See how I worked "transitory" in there? 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I've been to a lot of churches, of many different denominations. 

Not a single one has suggested that cutting off my winkie may solve my transitory teen angst.

See how I worked "transitory" in there? 

Please post evidence LGBT material in schools suggests cutting off anyone's winkie.

Well done, you have mastered at least one word of four syllables.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, proton said:

How can they be women if they are men? Putting on a dress and a wig and calling yourself June should not let a man go into female spaces, or play in women's sports

The obsession of right wingers with gender issues is a very ugly thing to behold.

I'm not going to get into granular discussions here about specific issues.

The bigger point was made. Florida (and many other states and countries) have passed or are trying to pass a sheit-load of anti LGBT legislation and while doing that, they don't even bother to try addressing actually serious problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

What do you think the LGBTQ+  mean when they protest laws that restrict "Gender affirming care for minors", and try to ban schools from telling parents when their kids decide to change gender identities? 

If it's not cutting off winkies, it's feeding them hormones that have a permanent effect, for what Euro studies say is usually a temporary angst.

Help me out here, who in the LGBT community feeds kids hormones to help them change gender?

Noted you did not answer my question about brainwashing, although your response did imply your own brain cells have been laundered multiple times at different sects.

Since you introduced a multisyllable, here's one for you. Floccinaucinihilipilification. It's a term I frequently apply to your posts.

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes thanks and much more - not limited to thermodynamics, of course.

Interesting you should claim to be well educated, because your posts don't convey that impression at all.

Of course, all sorts of claims can be made from behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Interesting you should claim to be well educated, because your posts don't convey that impression at all.

Of course, all sorts of claims can be made from behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

Oh yes. I see them pop up here all the time!

• Love It 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

. A bully, coward, felon and grifter who has been transformed into a national hero.

It's a convincing demonstration of how gullible many Americans are.

sorry, were you talking about George Floyd?

• Love It 2

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Please tell us how letting the 50 states each decide their abortion laws will "set women back 50 years".  

States deciding for themselves vs legislation at the federal level does not preclude women's rights being trampled. Infact, since Roe vs Wade was overturned by the right, the vast majority of the (sometimes total) ban on abortions have been in traditional red states. You know, the ones that believe that the law of the land should be based on what's written in religious fiction, a position that causes other nations to be known as religious (fundamental) states. The US should be no different in that judgement.

3 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

what is about Trump that every Republican who hates him will either back him 100% or quit? it worries me that the man demands personal loyalty over the constitution. also worries me that he won't acknowledge anything less than himself at the top of everything

When asked at a debate while running for Senator a couple of years ago,JD was asked what is it about Trump that you like!

reply: Trump exposed the Establishment . Imop thats why some politicians hate him !Also he’s not really a republican in the true sense , he’s a populist or at least he was until 

his life changing moment ,as a result of a assassin.

Edited by riclag

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess Pence was a bit busy this time around :giggle:

What was Pence?  Trump chose him because he was supposed to know his way around Washington to help Trump with his goals as President.  I think he was more of a swamp creature.  Bill Barr?  Give me a break.  Trump asked Barr to look into the election and the fraud that was there.  It took him all of 6 days to tell Trump there was no fraud.  What kind of investigation can be done in 6 days?  He was more interested in face time on Left Wing TV shows.  I figured out why you and other useful idiots are so against Trump.  You have been listening for 8 years now on the dehumanization of Trump by the Stalinist media.  8 years of this.  They own your thought process.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Can you provide an example of an anti lgbt law that has been passed in Florida? 

I thought not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

sorry, were you talking about George Floyd?

You mean the guy whose family was awarded $27 million in a wrongful death lawsuit? No.

AFAIK Trump's awards by juries have been against him/

Edited by Lacessit