" Jump to content

Man Dies In Fall From Building, Soi Buakhao

Georgealbert

At 16:06 on July 17, Police Lieutenant Colonel Tanongsak Inphadung, an investigator with the Pattaya City Police Station, received a report of a fatal fall from a height at a building in Soi Buakhao, South Pattaya. Upon receiving the report, police coordinated with Pattaya City Tourist Police, Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Rescue Unit, and Pattaya City Fire Department to investigate.

The incident occurred at a six-story residence, where a crowd of tourists had gathered. On the second-floor awning, they found the lifeless body of a 70-year-old Dutch national. He was lying motionless, severely injured, and bleeding profusely. Rescue personnel faced difficulties due to the awning's metal structure bending under the weight, necessitating the use of a cherry picker to safely retrieve the body. No signs of physical assault were found on the body.

According to building’s staff, the deceased had checked in on July 11, and before the incident, he had inquired about extending his stay but had not yet decided. Shortly after taking the elevator, a loud crash was heard as his body struck the second-floor awning. Upon investigation, they found him unresponsive and immediately contacted authorities.

Preliminary investigations by Lt. Col. Tanongsak Inphadung and the Pattaya City Tourist Police revealed CCTV footage showing the final moments of the foreigner wandering on the rooftop before falling to his death on the second-floor awning. The body was transported to Bang Lamung Hospital by rescue officials and will be sent to the Police General Hospital’s forensic institute for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

https://workpointnews.com/around/news/N2KDKTF

Pictures from Thai media.

IMG_3874.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Does not seems so high. Only 4 story (since he jumped from a room, it's max. only 3 story) and he felt into soft sheet aluminium metal roof. 🕵️‍♂️ Probraly just some weak liberal? 🤨

2024-07-18_002234.jpg.ce3d26c4942aea59916a403377d6e8c4.jpg

The story implies that he jumped from the roof.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Amazed how many people, including tourists wanted to stop and watch this rescue.

I rode past the Iranian and wife murder scene (other end of Buakhou, Tukcom) twice, I rode past hours apart. 

Just as many onlookers. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

17 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
26 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Amazed how many people, including tourists wanted to stop and watch this rescue.

I rode past the Iranian and wife murder scene (other end of Buakhou, Tukcom) twice, I rode past hours apart. 

Just as many onlookers. 

All just as bored.

The tourists do what they came for. To see what they do not usually see at their homes and dull lives. That is what they go to to soi bukhao for as well. I am sure you would stop to take a look at what was going on. They probably had no idea it was a dead man upin arriving to the scene to check it out. 

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

The story implies that he jumped from the roof.

The story also said he was bleeding profusely. So he probably bled to death waiting for that cherry picker to arrive. 

16 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

The tourists do what they came for. To see what they do not usually see at their homes and dull lives. That is what they go to to soi bukhao for as well. I am sure you would stop to take a look at what was going on. They probably had no idea it was a dead man upin arriving to the scene to check it out. 

The story also said he was bleeding profusely. So he probably bled to death waiting for that cherry picker to arrive. 

Pattaya fire station is only 1 km away.