Is, amlodipine 5mg valsartan 160 mg hypothiazide 25mg available in Thailand

Is amlodipine 5mg valsartan 160 mg hypothiazide 25mg available for sale  in Thailand in a one pill form? (under any brand name)

It was recommended to me by a friend of mine from Europe, as having been very affective in controlling her BP but I was unable to get any information concerning it's availability when I Googled it. And my next appointment with my cardiologist is now for a few months.

Of course I would not make any changes to my medication regiment without consulting with my doctor, but I would like to know if it is available before I make an earlier appointment to see him and inquire about it. 

bpmed.jpg.82262a4018b2f25c65cae69ffc8c7421.jpg

AFAIK not available as one pill in Thailand. 

(Generally,  Thailand doesn't (ab)use combination pills so much as in Europe.

Which is good. 

The result is, of course,  that the patient gets more pills. This scares the farang.)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I used to take Exforge HCT 5/160/25.

5mg Amlodpine.

160mg Valsartan.

25mg Hydrochlorthiazide.

Used to buy it Fascino Pharmacy North Pattaya, Not cheap though... Bt.2100.00 for a box of 30.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I used to take Exforge HCT 5/160/25.

5mg Amlodpine.

160mg Valsartan.

25mg Hydrochlorthiazide.

Used to buy it Fascino Pharmacy North Pattaya, Not cheap though... Bt.2100.00 for a box of 30.

Must have a lot of health issues?

And your only a young bloke according to you 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I would add to what @Lorry said, that combination pills are usually imported and much more expensive than the individual drugs bought separately. There is no medical advantage to having different drugs combined in one pill, it is solely for patient convenience. 

In Thailand, there is an (expensive, imported) valsartan + amlodopine combination available and also a valsartan + hydrochlorthiazide (HCTZ) combo but not all 3 in one.

I really can't see the reason to want these expensive combos when it comes to blood pressure medications that are just a once daily dose. Bought separately you'd just be taking 2 1/2 small pills a day (the HCTZ comes in 50 mg so you'd split that tablet)

These 3 drugs would tend to be needed only for patients whose BP was very difficult to control.   Most people would not need all three. 

You are of course right.

Currently I am on 5mg of amlodipine in the morning and 5 mg of Lisinopril at night that is working well for me averaging 127/63 (67 years old)  but during my research I developed concerns about Lisinoprils' contribution to cognitive decline upon the elderly. In a conversation I had with my sister in the US about that ,she mentioned that while vacationing in Greece she came across the combination of amlodipine 5mg valsartan 160 mg hypothiazide 25mg in a one pill form , that worked great for her , in fact she said that she often skipped a day of the med to keep her BP from going too low. She said it was very inexpensive, and she was trying to have some more shipped to her.    Hence my interest in it. A one pill would be convenient but as you said   three pills would not be the end of the world. Amlodipine and hypothiazide are easy to find and very inexpensive here in Thailand ( free or me in the US with my medicare advantage ppo)  but I am not sure about valsartan 160.  Af course I will not  be self medicating and will discuss the concern over lisinopril , and change med option with my cardiologist here in Thailand next time I see him.

Thank you again for your help. 

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

during my research I developed concerns about Lisinoprils' contribution to cognitive decline upon the elderly.

Do not confuse correllation with  acusation.

Studies have shown mixed (indeed, even opposite) correlations between  lisinopril and related drugs, and cognition.   None of these studiew were designed to determine causation.

• Thanks 1

My prescription out of BNH Cardiometabolic Center was 10/160 Dafiros, but I have been using Exforge. All varieties and dosages are available. In USD, Exforge is $14/30 in Cambodia, in Thailand $19/300, here in the USA $308/30. Generic is here though.

MY BP is finally under control.

3 hours ago, dddave said:

Valsartan 80 and 160 sold as DIOVAN. About B600/28 tablets for 80mg

Hydrochlorothiazide  50mg  10tablets/B30

Also sold as Valsartan GPO which is likely to cost less.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Do not confuse correllation with  acusation.

Studies have shown mixed (indeed, even opposite) correlations between  lisinopril and related drugs, and cognition.   None of these studiew were designed to determine causation.

So you are telling me to forget about it? :laugh:

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

So you are telling me to forget about it? :laugh:

At this point in time, with absolutely no reason to draw conclusions pro or con, yes.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

At this point in time, with absolutely no reason to draw conclusions pro or con, yes.

The above meant to be a bit of a joke, I should had said "Pun intended"  

But as always . yours is good advice , I will further discuss it with my cardiologist next follow up appointment.