Trump Warns of Unprecedented Global Conflict in RNC Speech

Social Media

image.png.5b507af1088a84cc06d3f332bb2e3c4b.png

In a dramatic speech at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, former President Donald Trump issued a stark warning that the world is on the brink of a catastrophic conflict. Trump, addressing the audience at Fiserv Forum, claimed that the "planet" is teetering on the edge of "World War Three," highlighting ongoing wars and potential conflicts across multiple regions.

"Then there is an international crisis the likes of which the world has seldom been part of," the GOP nominee stated. He pointed to current wars in Europe and the Middle East, as well as tensions in Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, and across Asia, describing the situation as unprecedented. "War is now raging in Europe and the Middle East, a growing specter of conflict hangs over Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, and all of Asia, and our planet is teetering on the edge of World War Three," he added. "This will be a war like no other."

On the campaign trail, Trump, 78, has frequently claimed that he could resolve Russia's war against Ukraine in a single day and has publicly urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to swiftly conclude the conflict with Hamas. He has consistently blamed President Joe Biden, 81, for the current global conflicts, arguing that they would not have occurred under his administration.

"I will end every single international crisis that the current administration has created — including the horrible war with Russia and Ukraine — which would have never happened if I were president — and the war caused by the attack on Israel — which would have never happened if I were president," Trump declared in his keynote address.

Trump also emphasized his record of not initiating any new wars during his presidency, claiming, "There was peace in Europe and the Middle East." He contrasted his tenure with those of his predecessors, criticizing former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama for previous Russian territorial expansions. "Under President Bush, Russia invaded Georgia. Under President Obama, Russia took Crimea.

Under the current administration, Russia is after all of Ukraine," Trump said. "Under President Trump, Russia took nothing," he added. The former president argued that the Biden administration’s chaotic 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan has emboldened Russian aggression, Hamas attacks on Israel, and Chinese military posturing. "Emboldened by that disaster, Russia invaded Ukraine. Israel endured the worst attack in its history. Now China is circling Taiwan, and Russian warships and nuclear submarines are operating 60 miles off our coasts in Cuba," Trump contended.

Trump's speech, filled with dire warnings and sharp criticisms of the current administration, underscored his campaign's focus on foreign policy and national security as critical issues for the upcoming election.

Credit: NYP 2024-07-20

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thanks 1

I considered Trump the worst President America ever had in modern history, until Biden came along. The world is now a much more dangerous place than ever before.

In my opinion, it’s not Biden himself that is creating the mess but the team around him. They are the ones directing policy. Biden is just and old man being told what to do and what to say. And like any typical old folk, he screws up that part now and then. He just can’t really grasp what’s happening around the world.

The conflict in Ukraine is, imo, America’s push to expand NATO eastwards to encircle and contain Russia, identical to what it’s trying to do in East Asia against China. It is also trying to expand Nato into Asia. It failed to get the response it wanted during the 2019 riots in Hkg, couldn’t provoke China into a military confrontation over Taiwan and is now using its lapdog, PH, into provoking China to retaliate. If not for America, there won’t be any tension in this region. Fortunately, most of the global majority can clearly see what’s happening.

So America has gone from having its worst president to an even worse one and will most likely next have the most odious president the world has ever seen.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ahhh it is Putin who armed his prison population and sent them to his neighbor to rape kill and loot……the Ukrainians asked for the tools to defend themselves we obliged as any moral nation with the means should do the USA must not retreat creating a vacuum for the bad actors to fill

Hypocrisy at its most vile…

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

"I will end every single international crisis that the current administration has created — including the horrible war with Russia and Ukraine — which would have never happened if I were president — and the war caused by the attack on Israel — which would have never happened if I were president, -- and the Worldwide IT Outage caused by a Microsoft Update Yesterday-- which would have never happened if I were president!" 

Bizzaro world much? Even I don't blame Biden for the MS outage.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

So America has gone from having its worst president to an even worse one and will most likely next have the most odious president the world has ever seen.

You were doing so well there, till you let your dislike of Trump take over.

Given you don't know what will happen while he is president again, you must base your opinion on the last time. No started wars, a good economy, giving the boot up the jaxy to NATO countries unwilling to pay their fair share, an exit from Afghanistan planned, a reduction in illegals on the southern border isn't such a bad record.

I don't get what he did that causes such obsessive hatred.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You were doing so well there, till you let your dislike of Trump take over.

Given you don't know what will happen while he is president again, you must base your opinion on the last time. No started wars, a good economy, giving the boot up the jaxy to NATO countries unwilling to pay their fair share, an exit from Afghanistan planned, a reduction in illegals on the southern border isn't such a bad record.

I don't get what he did that causes such obsessive hatred.

Apologies, that was a quote from Gweiloman, not Wrwest.

My comment applies to Gweiloman.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Bizzaro world much? Even I don't blame Biden for the MS outage.

It wasn't an MS outage.  It was a Crowdstrike outage.  We'll never know the whole truth, but that does paint it in a different light.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

It wasn't an MS outage.  It was a Crowdstrike outage.  We'll never know the whole truth, but that does paint it in a different light.

And Crowdstrike is Ukrainian, according to Trump! 😀

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

The scary thing is that Trump himself believes everything he says, that all of this never would have happened if he were president, and that he will immediately end all wars and chaos when he becomes president again. The even scarier thing is that his delusional MAGA base also believes him.

I tend to disagree. He perfectly knows he's lying.

As to his MAGA base, a share of it also know he's lying but don't care.

2 hours ago, candide said:

I tend to disagree. He perfectly knows he's lying.

As to his MAGA base, a share of it also know he's lying but don't care.

I guess, given his evident mental deterioration, that whatever Trump used to believe about what he was saying, at this point he probably believes it when he's saying it. Which wouldn't stop him from saying and believing the opposite if that would advance his interests.

• Like 1

Actually, if you want to see the shocking extent of Trump's mental deterioration, you could do worse than go to this interview he had with Barbara Walters in 1990. She asks him some really tough questions but his affect is subdued and unruffled. He offers his rebuttals in a way that is calm and respectful. What a difference senility makes!  Or, maybe, whereas before he was self-possessed, now he's merely possessed.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 1