British Driver Arrested in Wichit for Reckless Driving- VIDEO

webfact

If they are arresting people for these types of offences, the jails will be overflowing within a week. 

Luckily, it is only foreigners they target for these types of petty crimes, to extort and make themselves feel superior. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/20/2024 at 7:30 AM, ChrisY1 said:

...but arrested!

Safe to assume the police weren't at the location to ticket him so they would have had to trace the vehicle/owner to his home and  process him at the station.  As soon as that is completed he is free to go...perfectly normal.  He didn't get banged up.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Luckily, it is only foreigners they target for these types of petty crimes, to extort and make themselves feel superior. 

Bearing in mind the typical tints on the vehicle, it is likely that no one knew the ethnicity of the driver until he was traced, so not targetted.

22 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I didn't see what happened in the video. What did he do?

He did what was described in the OP, try watching the video that shows his vehicle again.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

20 hours ago, BritScot said:

Regardless of its common use "Farang" is a racist slur that offends

That depends on the tone and the context.  I can (but I don't) refer to you as a farang, that, on it's own, doesn't make it a racist slur.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I didn't see what happened in the video. What did he do?

Basically he copied what most of the thais have been doing for years with no repercussions.

He took a shortcut across the central reservation.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BritScot said:

And as do racist remarks! Regardless of its common use "Farang" is a racist slur that offends the same as coconut, slanting Bridge (so many thais took offence to that). Also no one is excusing his behaviour but the way law is handed out in Thailand. Example: I get 500baht speeding fine while Thais get 200baht and the answer I got when I questioned this, the police reply was gold, "You Farang, have more money".

Very annoying and disrespectful. A day doesn't go by when picking up my daughter from school that I don't hear "farang," "farang" from the kids there. Their ignorant parents taught them this. This after foreigners have been here since the Vietnam war era. Thais are foreigners to us but we don't go around pointing at them yelling "farang", nor do we do it when we see Asians in America.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Breaks the law and then complains - like a kid saying "his burger is bigger than mine!"

I would say that what he did and said on being stopped had more to do with the fine than any racial profiling.

After over 20 years of extensive driving in Thailand, I've seen no evidence of police chasing foreigners more than Thais - in fact many avoid it as it's too much hassle (see bove). It's only personal observation and critical thinking rather than blind prejudice and confirmation bias, but there are no stats to back this up.

When foreign drivers are stopped they seem to get everything wrong and make matters worse for themselves.

Cultural insensitivity.

THey seem to think that their home motoring laws operate in Thailand and have a racist sense of entitlement that won't endear them to any RTP ..Drivers in Thailand need to educate themsleves and adapt to driving in THailand - yelling and blamoing others usually means it it YOU that's fundamentally at fault.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Safe to assume the police weren't at the location to ticket him so they would have had to trace the vehicle/owner to his home and  process him at the station.  As soon as that is completed he is free to go...perfectly normal.  He didn't get banged up.

He had probably had a few, so lucky for him.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Their ignorant parents taught them this. This after foreigners have been here since the Vietnam war era.

Er, many foreigners were in Thailand decades before the Americans showed up to bomb and massacre Thailand’s neighbours.

Maybe your ignorant parents taught you that?

• Sad 3

Not bad driving, nice and slow . :giggle:

If it was a Thai doing it, it would have been at 140kph, totally pished up and know one would have cared.

( it was only reported because it was a falang )

The Hub,  of the xenophobic Thai snitch. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/20/2024 at 10:26 AM, MalcolmB said:

Farang apologists and whataboutists always pop up on these threads. 

They are very scared as a society that media impositions will go down the drain. If a non-European committed this crime you would see cries in the comments to DEPORT HIM ASAP.

On 7/20/2024 at 3:07 PM, BritScot said:

And as do racist remarks! Regardless of its common use "Farang" is a racist slur that offends the same as coconut, slanting Bridge (so many thais took offence to that). Also no one is excusing his behaviour but the way law is handed out in Thailand. Example: I get 500baht speeding fine while Thais get 200baht and the answer I got when I questioned this, the police reply was gold, "You Farang, have more money".

Those who purport that the term Farang is racist always strike me as a little thin skinned.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Er, many foreigners were in Thailand decades before the Americans showed up to bomb and massacre Thailand’s neighbours.

Maybe your ignorant parents taught you that?

With a genius level IQ I'm pretty sure they weren't that ignorant. Yours on the other hand are suspect, as most of your replies are pretty close to ignorant or just plain stupid, which shows you didn't learn restraint nor respect as a child. Seeing you completely missed the point is also habitual.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

How many countries have you been to?

A few, as have many of my acquaintances, who have told the same stories. All over the US, and never have I seen anyone pointing at anyone calling them Asian, African, German, Brit, etc etc etc. There are prejudiced people everywhere, but that pointing out at foreigners and calling them "foreigner", I've never heard of anywhere else besides here. Point is, we have been here for those decades, so we aren't foreign to anyone here unless they have never left their village and don't know we have lived here for a long time. It isn't only the children, who I understand are just repeating what they've been taught, but adults who walk by and make comments. I live near a big city , where at least 100 foreigners live in or near, so we are seen on a daily basis, and have been for all those years. I walk past, and they just have to say "farang". Ignorance, period. I lived near NYC for 30 years, and have never seen anyone point at any other person of any nationality and call them foreigner. If you live here, you're a resident, even if it's considered temporary because of visa issues. We still live here, year after year. Thais are foreigners to me, even though I'm living in their country, but I don't point at them and call them foreigner, neither ere or when I'm back home in the US. It's a matter of respect that's not taught.

Edited by fredwiggy

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't racist but ignorant, pointing at foreigners as if they've never seen us before like some kind of alien. Seems to only happen here.

Thanks for validating my point.

• Thumbs Up 1