Biden has pulled out of 2024 Presidential election race. What next?

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Sounding more and more like a one trick pony. Biden must be on something, now Harris must be on something. Interesting that you give Trump a free pass. Have you not cast your critical eye over his speeches? The ones that make me laugh the most are when he tells us all about his intelligence test results.

Do you have one to handy you can link to? 

In any event, I do not know anyone that would argue that Trump is not pompous and braggadocios. 

I would bet university transcripts would show Trump did better than Biden (a cheater) and probably smarter than Harris. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

What's the prize, and who (other than yourself) decided that you're the judge?

You think Harris is on drugs? What's your point? Are you serious? Are you on drugs? Here's another deal, post one video of yourself, JUST ONE, to convince the rest of us that you're not a loon.

Or cackling hysterically I've just added that to my list.

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have one to handy you can link to? 

In any event, I do not know anyone that would argue that Trump is not pompous and braggadocios. 

I would bet university transcripts would show Trump did better than Biden (a cheater) and probably smarter than Harris. 

And bigly so, great bone spurs as well.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I recall an interview with a professor of Trump at Wharton Business School calling him the dumbest student he's ever had. 

Well, that proves it. 

4 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I can't find that interview, but I can find an open letter from the school and sent to Trump when they learned he was using his education there to further his first campaign:

"We, proud students, alumni, and faculty of Wharton, are outraged that an affiliation with our school is being used to legitimize prejudice and intolerance. Although we do not aim to make any political endorsements with this letter, we do express our unequivocal stance against the xenophobia, sexism, racism, and other forms of bigotry that you have actively and implicitly endorsed in your campaign."

From https://www.mba-journal.de/wharton-community-condemns-alum-donald-trump

I think it safe to say academia (and all leftists) hate Trump, but that really has no bearing on the discussion. 

I do not recall any letter from Syracuse noting that Biden was a cheater or complaining when Biden was bragging about how smart he was, and lied about his scholarship or and claimed he finished in the top 50% when actually he was in the bottom 10%. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I can't find that interview, but I can find an open letter from the school and sent to Trump when they learned he was using his education there to further his first campaign:

"We, proud students, alumni, and faculty of Wharton, are outraged that an affiliation with our school is being used to legitimize prejudice and intolerance. Although we do not aim to make any political endorsements with this letter, we do express our unequivocal stance against the xenophobia, sexism, racism, and other forms of bigotry that you have actively and implicitly endorsed in your campaign."

From https://www.mba-journal.de/wharton-community-condemns-alum-donald-trump

Appears to be real.

https://www.humix.com/video/86b464d9870286157a56d595f7e5c82d1f47ed2ab7533d51f8fa7ea7931490e5

Did One of Trump’s College Professors Call Him ‘the Dumbest Goddamn Student I Ever Had’? – Truth or Fiction?

It’s rare for a professor to disparage the intelligence of a student, but according to attorney Frank DiPrima, who was close friends with professor William T. Kelley for 47 years, the prof made an exception for Donald Trump, at least in private. “He must have told me that 100 times over the course of 30 years,” says DiPrima, who has been practicing law since 1963 and has served as in-house counsel for entities including the Federal Trade Commission and Playboy Enterprises. “I remember the inflection of his voice when he said it: ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had!'” He would say that [Trump] came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything, that he was arrogant and he wasn’t there to learn.” Kelley, who passed away in 2011 at age 94, taught marketing at Wharton for 31 years, retiring in 1982.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think it safe to say academia (and all leftists) hate Trump, but that really has no bearing on the discussion. 

Bearing or not on this particular topic, academia generally hating Trump is worthy of discussion (in another thread). It's not a badge of honour.

In terms of moving forward, Biden is now out of the picture, so what he did or didn't lie about is no longer all that relevant (and that's not to excuse any potential lie he has made). Unless and until Trump's candidacy ends, his continued lies are very much relevant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I do not recall any letter from Syracuse noting that Biden was a cheater or complaining when Biden was bragging about how smart he was, and lied about his scholarship or and claimed he finished in the top 50% when actually he was in the bottom 10%. 

What about the sharks though. MIT Professor biglied him up. Apparently.

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

What about the sharks though. MIT Professor biglied him up. Apparently.

He sure is a smart man. Rising ocean levels also create more beachfront property, apparently. Genius.

• Like 1

Just now, Woof999 said:

Bearing or not on this particular topic, academia generally hating Trump is worthy of discussion (in another thread). It's not a badge of honour.

Given the state of academia in the US, I see it as a badge of honor, but then, I'm not a leftist. 

In any event, do you not find a professor claiming Trump was the "Dumbest Goddamn Student I Ever Had" a bit suspect? Does it not sound like something Trump might say? 

Just now, Woof999 said:

In terms of moving forward, Biden is now out of the picture, so what he did or didn't lie about is no longer all that relevant (and that's not to excuse any potential lie he has made). Unless and until Trump's candidacy ends, his continued lies are very much relevant.

Right, everything Biden did or said is no longer relevant. Bait and switch. 

As I said here right after the debate, Biden was thrown under the bus by CNN, and all you had to do is see the split screen to know that. 

So now the left/media does not have to address the record, they can just attack Trump constantly and anoint whoever get the nod for the dems.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm not a leftist. 

Noted, again.

In any event, do you not find a professor claiming Trump was the "Dumbest Goddamn Student I Ever Had" a bit suspect? Does it not sound like something Trump might say? 

I don't know, I didn't make the claim. Trump would likely say something like he was the bigliest student.

Right, everything Biden did or said is no longer relevant. Bait and switch. 

It's not particularly relevant in terms of the the next Dem candidate, but by all means keep going with it. A lie should always be called out. No free ride just because "the other side did it too".

So now the left/media does not have to address the record, they can just attack Trump constantly and anoint whoever get the nod for the dems

I'm sure that the right will attack whoever get the Dem's nod and all will be normal in the world again. Biden is out of the race. Discussing his potential lies will neither make him more out of the race nor bring him back into it. That's what I meant in terms of diminished relevance.

Noted, again.

I don't know, I didn't make the claim. Trump would likely say something like he was the bigliest student.

I did not ask you what you knew, I was asking what you thought, but I understand that you are not able to speak for yourself. 

It's not particularly relevant in terms of the the next Dem candidate, but by all means keep going with it. A lie should always be called out. No free ride just because "the other side did it too".

Yet it seems we are only calling out Trump for lying. 

I'm sure that the right will attack whoever get the Dem's nod and all will be normal in the world again. Biden is out of the race. Discussing his potential lies will neither make him more out of the race nor bring him back into it. That's what I meant in terms of diminished relevance.

Correct. Bait and switch. That the last leftist was an incompetent liar matters not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I did not ask you what you knew, I was asking what you thought, but I understand that you are not able to speak for yourself. 

...and I gave you my thought in the very same reply. You ignored it and then went straight to the ad hominem attack.

Yet it seems we are only calling out Trump for lying. 

This thread, along with several others, would suggest otherwise. In terms of the next Dem presidential candidate, I'm not wasting my time talking about Biden's potential lies. If you want to with someone else, fill yer boots.

Correct. Bait and switch. That the last leftist was an incompetent liar matters not. 

That the current extreme MAGA candidate has a long history of lies and will undoubtedly continue with them is at least as relevant, yet I don't see you addressing them?

56 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

...and I gave you my thought in the very same reply. You ignored it and then went straight to the ad hominem attack.

No, you said: "I don't know, I didn't make the claim. Trump would likely say something like he was the bigliest student."

So, you dodged it, and now you want to pretend you've been attacked when you got called on it. Typical. 

This thread, along with several others, would suggest otherwise. In terms of the next Dem presidential candidate, I'm not wasting my time talking about Biden's potential lies. If you want to with someone else, fill yer boots.

People posting on chat-boards, got it. I was talking about the press which is 90% of the left and will do anything they can to stop Trump. 

That the current extreme MAGA candidate has a long history of lies and will undoubtedly continue with them is at least as relevant, yet I don't see you addressing them?

Which lie did he tell in the debate that you think was most egregious? Tell me and I'll address it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I recall an interview with a professor of Trump at Wharton Business School calling him the dumbest student he's ever had. 

I'm shocked to hear that a professor at an Ivy League school would have something derogatory tp say about Trump...absolutely shocked!

5 hours ago, stoner said:

there is a difference how far each has gone downhill. that you are being disingenuous about and you know it.  

anyways ill get back to you when your next prediction fails horribly. 

Trump's mind has deteriorated much recently. 

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump's mind has deteriorated much recently. 

His approximately 90 minute acceptance speech indicates a different opinion.

No decline seen or heard.

Harris, well I posted plenty of her “speeches”.  And that’s being nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, G_Money said:

His approximately 90 minute acceptance speech indicates a different opinion.

No decline seen or heard.

Harris, well I posted plenty of her “speeches”.  And that’s being nice.

Trump's rambling convention speech was a disaster. 

Did you actually watch all of it?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden has COVID.

So much for “follow the science”.  

Didn’t help him.

Shouldn’t all the anti vaccine types be dead by now, after 3 years?

• Haha 1