Man found dead after argument with wife in Phuket rental home

snoop1130

IMG_1871.jpg

A tragic incident occurred in Phuket when a 40 year old man was found dead in an apparent suicide following an argument with his wife on their first day at a rented house in Baan Manik.

Thalang Police Station was alerted to the scene in Moo 7, Srisoonthorn, at 2am yesterday, July, 2024. Upon arrival, police officers and rescue workers from the Kusoldharm Foundation discovered the body of the 40 year old Natthakorn Srihakham, inside the home. He was lying on his side, dressed in a blue sports T-shirt and a sarong.

The distressing situation came to light when Suchart Phayongsak, who reported the incident, heard loud screams from Natthakorn’s wife. The couple had just moved into the house that day and had drunk alcohol outside their new residence. According to the wife, a minor argument ensued between them.

Natthakorn then informed his wife that he was going to sleep in the room and locked the door behind him. Later, when his wife attempted to enter the room, she found the door locked.

Peering through the window shutters next to the bedroom, she saw her husband hanging inside. She eventually managed to open the door, but it was too late.

Natthakorn’s body was transported to Thalang Hospital for further examination. Thalang Police Chief Nikorn Chuthong confirmed that officers are continuing their investigation into the matter.

If you or anyone you know is in emotional distress, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand 24-hour hotline: 02 713 6791 (English), 02 713 6793 (Thai), or the Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai). Please also contact your friends or relatives at this time if you have feelings of loneliness, stress, or depression. Seek help.

By Sarishti Arora

Picture courtesy of Phuket News

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-07-22

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Moving home can be stressful... but topping yourself?

It's the Thai reset button.  If this life is getting you down, skip ahead to the next one.  Thais fully believe that they will be reincarnated and it's pretty common for suicide to happen in this "on the the next life" way.  Also why they're fairly indifferent to death.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

It's the Thai reset button.  If this life is getting you down, skip ahead to the next one.  Thais fully believe that they will be reincarnated and it's pretty common for suicide to happen in this "on the the next life" way.  Also why they're fairly indifferent to death.

Fairly indifferent to life especially when it comes to taking someone else's life

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/23/2024 at 12:46 PM, BangkokReady said:

Indeed, they're strange people to say the least.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

Indeed, they're strange people to say the least.

We did some pretty crazy stuff in Western countries a few hundred years ago too. All in the name of religion.

You can kind of understand it, they're just a little behind us in terms of religion and education.

It's doesn't make them bad, per se. You just need to remember this fact.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

We did some pretty crazy stuff in Western countries a few hundred years ago too. All in the name of religion.

You can kind of understand it, they're just a little behind us in terms of religion and education.

It's doesn't make them bad, per se. You just need to remember this fact.

What a load of drivel.

Lower suicide rates here than NZ, USA, Canada, Australia etc etc

Probably the dumbest comment I have ever read here and you call it a fact??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

IMG_2678.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

What a load of drivel.

Lower suicide rates here than NZ, USA, Canada, Australia etc etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

IMG_2678.jpeg

What he stated is a fact. He didn't say anything about suicide rates. His earlier comment about Thais taking their lives , thinking they are going to be reincarnated and are indifferent about death is also true. Life isn't as precious to them as it is to other countries. Education here is way behind western countries and is a big reason I want my daughter schooled in the states asap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 7:46 PM, BangkokReady said:

I've found Thais to be just the opposite, they are terrified of death, even a jocular mention of it makes them uncomfortable. Sometime ago at the dentist I was getting prepared for some dentures, the dentist and her assistant, both young women recommended some new expensive material which I refused saying at my age it would be a waste of money, they would only burn with me at the temple, they fell into an embarrassed silence glancing at one another in a shocked manner, my wife broke the silence by apologizing for my remark saying falang have a different attitude to death. Later I remonstrated to my wife saying it wasn't necessary to apologise for my harmless remark to which she replied it is impolite to mention death.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

A bold accusation, considering I didn't mention the rate of suicides, nor did mention suicides at all in the comment you are replying to.  🙄

But, then, you are a troll who just says whatever he thinks will aggravate people, even if it makes no sense, and should be ignored. 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2024 at 12:31 AM, fredwiggy said:

What he stated is a fact. He didn't say anything about suicide rates. His earlier comment about Thais taking their lives , thinking they are going to be reincarnated and are indifferent about death is also true. Life isn't as precious to them as it is to other countries. Education here is way behind western countries and is a big reason I want my daughter schooled in the states asap.

This idea that education between a place like the US or Thailand is the difference between how people perceive reality is utter nonsense. Buddhism barely even counts as a religion. Yet here you are claiming it is something hardcore like Islam

Edited by Harsh Jones

On 7/25/2024 at 2:58 AM, BangkokReady said:

A bold accusation, considering I didn't mention the rate of suicides, nor did mention suicides at all in the comment you are replying to.  🙄

But, then, you are a troll who just says whatever he thinks will aggravate people, even if it makes no sense, and should be ignored. 🤷‍♂️

Bringing up religion and education in a situations like this is pretty dumb tbh. Westerners like to delude themselves into thinking they are higher beings and they really overrate their highschool.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:36 AM, Harsh Jones said:

This idea that education between a place like the US or Thailand is the difference between how people perceive reality is utter nonsense. Buddhism barely even counts as a religion. Yet here you are claiming it is something hardcore like Islam

Over 500 million followers I'm thinking this is a religion.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:43 AM, Harsh Jones said:

Bringing up religion and education in a situations like this is pretty dumb tbh. Westerners like to delude themselves into thinking they are higher beings and they really overrate their highschool.

No one is any higher than anyone else. This means any president,king, actress, sports figure, millionaire or billionaire have the same worth as any homeless person. All they have is more things. As far as schools, western schools are all over any in this country, especially high and grade schools.

On 7/28/2024 at 12:24 AM, fredwiggy said:

Over 500 million followers I'm thinking this is a religion.

With your so called western education , you should have known the bare basics of what Buddhism is. 

Buddhism is a non-theistic tradition, meaning that it does not involve a belief in God. 

5 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

With your so called western education , you should have known the bare basics of what Buddhism is. 

Buddhism is a non-theistic tradition, meaning that it does not involve a belief in God. 

It's also the world's 4th largest religion. Followers follow the moral and ethics codes of Siddhartha like Christians follow God. Have you ever looked at people praying to the statues of Buddha? Some might not consider Buddhism a religion, but it surely is. This is from Wikipedia..............Buddhism (/ˈbʊdɪzəm/ BUUD-ih-zəm, US also /ˈbd-/ BOOD-),[1][2][3] also known as Buddha Dharma and Dharmavinaya, is an Indian religion[a] and philosophical tradition based on teachings attributed to the Buddha, a wandering teacher who lived in the 6th or 5th century BCE.And one definition of religion.............a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance................. I don't have a so called education. It's quite real, and since I've been a constant reader all of my life, ongoing.

Edited by fredwiggy

As usual,  a sad story of a Thai suicide and you guys have to bring up the US and world suicide rates BS ...

why can't you guys just read a story without a US or world comparison comment  ??   is that too difficult  ....