American Arrested for Stabbing Australian to Death in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Civilised men never start fights.

Only low life scum think that violence is a solution to their problems.

What about that time tested application that has a place in many altercations......ALCOHOL!!! Or thereof it's the clowns who drink it but can't handle it!!!

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Don't be so stupid.  I've lived between both countries for 22 years and never carried any sort of weapon.

Agree its also illigal to carry even knives in the UK any knife over a 3" blade is illigal and can lead up to a 4 year sentence + unlimited fine. locking knifes are illigal to. (unless you have a valid reason) 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

What started as a verbal spat quickly escalated into a physical fight, during which Mr. Johnson allegedly drew a knife and inflicted multiple stab wounds on Mr. Ross.

he is going to regret that

RIP

4 hours ago, cnx101 said:

A hard man doesn’t need a knife if your brought up to take care of yourself, it’s mainly the immigrant’s who carry and use knives in a knife fight your guaranteed to be cut if you win or lose, in the old days we didn’t need knives

I can remember in the 60s, 70s, 80, Mods, Rockers, Teddy boys would carry knives, chains, Razor blades and old fashion knuckle dusters. Even in the 90s I had a knife, crowbar, machete, and a shot gun pulled on me when I was doing private security!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

The ratio of murders, fights, car crashes, general illegal activities caused by visitors to Thailand vs visitors to say Singapore, Malaysia etc per 100,000 is astronomical. Why does Thailand continue to attract such people is volumes?

Maybe because the RTP are useless and corrupt, and people know that. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

FAFO....

Aussies need to understand that America is a violent country.  Everyone I know back there is packing some kind of heat when they go out.

Such is life....and alcohol is to blame.  Best if they had some Green.

We don’t know who brought the knife, for all we know either one of them could have brought it and the other took it for self defense. In any case the one or both should have had the mental capacity to not engage and move on. But drunken arrogance got the both of them.

8 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Preparing to go out for an evening of fun... beer and girls maybe... I would take cash and maybe my phone. A knife? Why? Why would you do that? 

Who know's when you'll cross the path of a demented Yank in a bad mood?  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

According to publicly available info on LinkedIn a former US marine that was teaching English in Thailand and living in Krabi. 

There is a lot of very screwed up US ex-army personnel. IMO 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Liam Michael Ross and Randall Owen Johnson, two men originating from the British Isles separated by two different oceans and hundreds of years only to be reunited in Thailand to engage in mortal combat and be killed. Tragic really to think they could have been neighbors 500 years ago.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Don't be so stupid.  I've lived between both countries for 22 years and never carried any sort of weapon.

That's on you and doesn't prove Taboo2 wrong.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Near Noppharat Thara Beach, Krabi. Picture courtesy: Thai Rath

In a tragic incident in Krabi, Thailand, an American man has been arrested for allegedly stabbing an Australian man to death following a drunken altercation.

Shortly after 2:00 AM on July 22, Lt. Wichote Meepop, Deputy Inspector of Ao Nang Police Station, received a distress call about a brawl near Noppharat Thara Beach, opposite the Razorback Conch Sculpture.

Officers soon arrived to find Mr. Liam Michael Ross, a 35-year-old Australian national, gravely injured with stab wounds to his abdomen, leg, and arm.

Despite prompt medical attention and being transferred from Wattana Hospital in Ao Nang to Krabi Hospital, Mr. Ross succumbed to his injuries.

The suspect, identified as 43-year-old American Randall Owen Johnson, was apprehended at the scene. Still under the influence of alcohol, he was in possession of a folding knife and did not attempt to flee.

He was taken to Ao Nang Police Station, where detailed questioning will take place with legal and linguistic assistance.

Eyewitnesses revealed that both men had been drinking at a nearby restaurant before the incident. Their paths crossed again as Mr. Ross walked back to his hotel, leading to a confrontation.

What started as a verbal spat quickly escalated into a physical fight, during which Mr. Johnson allegedly drew a knife and inflicted multiple stab wounds on Mr. Ross.

Preliminary investigations suggest that the two men were strangers who may have had a disagreement at the restaurant. However, further inquiries are needed to determine the precise motive and sequence of events leading to the fatal encounter. 

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-23

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Hang him high👍

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

FAFO....

Aussies need to understand that America is a violent country.  Everyone I know back there is packing some kind of heat when they go out.

Such is life....and alcohol is to blame.  Best if they had some Green.

Maybe in your circles but not the normal citizen. Americans have the right to "bare" arms as a constituional right, but most do not. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Who know's when you'll cross the path of a demented Yank in a bad mood?  

Good point! They're a lot stronger than their English-speaking peers who were raised on fish and chips.

• Haha 2

Are police allowed to charge those found carrying a weapon on routine searches in Thailand, Australia or the UK? US obviously no, given the 'right to carry arms' culture

This problem has to be gripped and should be adopted in any right thinking nation. Get the w@nkz off the streets!

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

Ya call that a knife?

I've groomed my testicles with bigger weapons. 

Do you speak with a squeaky voice?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Are police allowed to charge those found carrying a weapon on routine searches in Thailand, Australia or the UK? US obviously no, given the 'right to carry arms' culture

This problem has to be gripped and should be adopted in any right thinking nation. Get the w@nkz off the streets!

It is an offence in the uk