Ex-Husband's Rampage Leaves Five Dead Across Two Provinces

webfact

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

It is a problem in many countries, women want to move on with another man BUT want to keep the assets.

Many of my friends are in this situation, and are understandably very angry about it.

Moving the new man into the house really is rubbing their noses in it.

That can happen but doesn't have to, it's a matter of making good arrangements in advance and having them put on paper....problem solved.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Saves all the nonsense of of lawyers, appeals, plus a likely 10 year prison sentence reduced to 5. Best he took his own life than received a death sentence which would never be acted upon.. 

Would have been better still if he had just taken his own life and not killed anybody else.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

my ex stole 2 houses worth a total of 18 million, now apparently worth 24+ million but killing the whole family, would mean dying in jail...certainly for a farang

Another mug 😂🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

A lot , a real lot of Thais have guns ...

I have never seen a shop that sells guns here ... where do they get it from ?

There's entire blocks of gun shops around Siam Plaza near BKK Chinatown.  Or is it Old Siam Plaza?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

It is a problem in many countries, women want to move on with another man BUT want to keep the assets.

Many of my friends are in this situation, and are understandably very angry about it.

Moving the new man into the house really is rubbing their noses in it.

I read recently on Social Media about a woman who got a child trough Artificial Insemination, that she sued the Sperm donor and won the case.
That's really taking the piss out of the man.

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's entire blocks of gun shops around Siam Plaza near BKK Chinatown.  Or is it Old Siam Plaza?

A gun shop in Korat in front of the IT-Center.
No need to travel to Bangkok.

1 hour ago, loong said:

Would have been better still if he had just taken his own life and not killed anybody else.

I don’t think that would have solved his issue that she was living in his house.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

If as they say it was her former husband then he is Police officer. And is issued a firearm

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

they buy them from gun shops. go to the area near the giant swing, on the edge of chinatown, bangkok, you'll find plenty of gun shops

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

yea, because things like this never happen in other countries

But this is Thai news and I live here, whatever happens in other countries does not effect me so much.

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

From gun shops.

It helps if you can read the sign out the front.

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2655.jpeg

Exactly, you would never guess by looking through the window what they sold.🙃

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

That can happen but doesn't have to, it's a matter of making good arrangements in advance and having them put on paper....problem solved.

Arrangements are often not fair when family situations are concerned. 

Emotions take over as in this unfortunate case.

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Steal like a loaf of bread or you bought them for her knowing that the titles would be in her name? 

I have had 2 friends now not married to their Thai GFs but we’re smart enough to keep all the money transfer receipts and both westerners  won their cases in a court of law rewarding home ownership (meaning ability to sell) to them for one year and other assets they had paid for…

bottom line is both Thai women could not prove in court where they got the money to buy houses and other assets like cars and home furnishings 

I agree, not so easy to steal money in Thailand as most residents think.

Of course I would never resort to this, but when I was 45.  My wife left me in the US. It cost me two homes, half my retirement at the time 700/month support for one child. It devastated me. Personally I vowed to never remarry and it has served me very well.  It turned me narcissistic as far as women feelings go. I have no sympathy for them what so ever. I have learned to be a litter nicer but would never marry again.. Especially in the US.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, itsari said:

I agree, not so easy to steal money in Thailand as most residents think.

And the other end of that coin are the expats that sink every thing in the house , car . Then get old and don't have the funds or the energy to fight . I have had friends where the courts literally threw then out of their home they build and lost all.  A crap shoot at best!

Fleece a farang is built into the society at this point.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Celsius said:

Your friends bought houses in Thailand? Wow they are stupid.

Bought land here in Thailand via the Thai company route in 2011. 

Built a house 2012 and name of book has no house owner space is blank.

Stopped work 2014.  Met girl 2015, married 2017.  Still together 9 years later.

You want my house/home you need buy the company that owns the land.

I can imagine he  had to get revenge in a thai way.Thai wife maybe stitched him up good and proper.It happens with thai ladies and men  too it seems.if farang he could not do anything except complain and get no where

On 7/23/2024 at 3:00 AM, Denim said:

Plenty of gun shops around Phahurat in Bangkok. One after another.

I enjoy window shopping there  if I'm in the neighborhood during a vacation. 

I get it. I don't agree with it, but I absolutely get it. You take a man who feels he has nothing to live for and nothing to lose, and push him past his breaking point, this kind of tragedy can happen. 

My wife pushed me to the limit a couple of years back. I didn't snap, but it got waaayyyyy to close for comfort. Typical rhetoric spouted too often to too many,  "Get out. I get everything. You get nothing. You are falang." 

I lawyered up instead. $150 and 30 minutes of his time and my wife understood. We were legally married here so if we get divorced it is 50/50. That's the law. Sell everything and split the money. She'd lose her dream house and never be able to afford a replacement. I would be better off financially with a new girlfriend half her age. 

This is harsh I know, but it is reality. 

Anyway, she calmed down when she realized it isn't 100% hers and 0% mine.

Turns out, menopause crashed down on her in one gigantic swoop. A trip to a top notch doctor in Thailand who knew what to do and it's better now.

Thankfully 🙂