Does your wife/partner work?

I'm always amused when guys start these threads to brag about what they have and condescend to others to (apparently) pump themselves up. Most are just projecting.ย 

ย 

Carry on.ย 

Edited by Yellowtail

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Works for me. Cooking, cleaning, shopping...servicing the pipesโ—

ย 

Do you think employed women don't do that?

ย 

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Carry on.ย 

ย 

Yes.

54 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Do you think employed women don't do that?

Don't know...don't care...don't think on it. Just answered the question as it applies to me.

Neither of us work...no need. ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ’ฐย 

On 7/24/2024 at 10:13 AM, Celsius said:

and equally contribute to the household?

ย 

Or she just plays on the phone ogling and chatting with real Thai men while you are not watching?

ย 

If she doesn't work, then why not?

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Contributes more than me.

ย 

Unless she has a secret phone no...we share a phone.

ย 

She retired 37.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

He sees something in others that he does not like about himself.ย 

ย 

That would push him to be better. It's something else.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

My wife had a good job but when her father died in 2013 she decided to retire about a year later. He had been looking after his grandaughter who was still at school and the immediate solution was that her sister who lived in Bangkok came home during the week, returning home at the weekends, She had a hair dressing business that she just shut down, she sold up and moved to the family home.

With not much to do during the day the pair of them set up a voluntary refuge for unwanted cats and for the last 7 to 8 years have had about 60 inmates. No income, only outgoings, but as you say self respect and Bhudda brownie points.

And you're rolling in p___yย 

• Sad 2

On 7/24/2024 at 11:06 AM, BobBKK said:

ย Ah so a professional school teacher would choose a 30 year age gap eh?ย  same as in your country eh?ย  its fine it's an exchange - don't be so naive

You just sound like a bitter old git with no game. Don't worry, you can just buy yourself a young hottie in Soi Cowboy instead, or wherever it is you hang out.

1 minute ago, sabai-dee-man said:

You just sound like a bitter old git with no game. Don't worry, you can just buy yourself a young hottie in Soi Cowboy instead, or wherever it is you hang out.

Love RooshV, spent all his time banging ugly women, then when he hit 40 couldn't get any more free ones.

ย 

IMHO renting the young attractive hotties for an hour or two was always the best option for me.

No real need financially for her to work and it was more important for her to manage kids, maid, Thai stuff.ย  She doesn't work, but does have a heck of a stimulating night job ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

• Sad 1

my wife is in her last year before retiring, she manages a mining/export business and wants to keep working so she can retire with no debt. She still does all the housework etc as thats the way she was raised, once we sell the other house she will be debt free so that also means she can retire earlier. I am retricted due to an injury so cant do a real lot but keep myself occupied during the day so it works out well, once she retires we will do a lot more travelling, Our daughter got her doctor qualifications and is working at the local hospital, we are in the process of building a bungalow next to our house for her so she can have company and retain her independence. Maybe if I was able to do a lot more than I can I would like he at home but being partially disabled her working is fine plus she works her own hours and doesnt have a set work time so her being employed is more of a bonus and gives me alone time during the day.

I don't want her to work. Thankfully we don't need her to spend 50 hours a week slaving away for someone. I would rather have her around, as she is delightful. And it makes traveling alot easier. We don't have kids, and we are very thankful for that gloriously wise decision. She is a gourmet cook, helps around the house (we have a maid for cleaning), and spends alot of time with her friends, so I get enough solo time. It works out very well for both of us.ย 

On 7/24/2024 at 10:54 AM, BritManToo said:

Neither of us work, I have enough money already.

Obviously the poor guys will need their partners to work.

Just bear in mind that when the Thai banks go belly up, which will probably happen when the global financial system collapses inevitably, each bank will only guarantee one million Baht of all your accounts in the bank. The rest of your money will be confiscated. Some Thai banks are reported to be silently in a spot of bother. If all your money is in stocks and banks, you might like to change your financial management strategy. You may be wealthy today, but much of your wealth could all disappear almost overnight.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't want her to work. Thankfully we don't need her to spend 50 hours a week slaving away for someone. I would rather have her around, as she is delightful. And it makes traveling alot easier. We don't have kids, and we are very thankful for that gloriously wise decision. She is a gourmet cook, helps around the house (we have a maid for cleaning), and spends alot of time with her friends, so I get enough solo time. It works out very well for both of us.ย 

After you have kids, everything else is just stuff.ย 

My wife doesn't have time to go out to work because we look after 25 rescued cats. This is a full-time job, except during their sleeping times.ย ๐Ÿ˜บย There's no work around here anyway, except weeding the edges of shrimp farm ponds.

Edited by renaissanc
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

My wife doesn't have time to go out to work because we look after 25 rescued cats. This is a full-time job, except during their sleeping times.ย ๐Ÿ˜บย There's no work around here anyway, except weeding the edges of shrimp farm ponds.

I bet you haven't seen a rat, mouse, lizard,small snakes, gecko, or any large bugs for quite awhile.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

My wife doesn't have time to go out to work because we look after 25 rescued cats. This is a full-time job, except during their sleeping times.ย ๐Ÿ˜บย 

Isn't that like 23 hours a day?

14 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

There's no work around here anyway, except weeding the edges of shrimp farm ponds.

Get a goat.ย 

54 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

After you have kids, everything else is just stuff.ย 

So thankful we avoided that route. I like kids, but never felt the need to own one or two of them. And the last thing this world needs right now, is more kids.ย 

• Sad 1

On 7/24/2024 at 11:21 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Thing is many don't want to drag them around 24/7

ย 

Exactly. I value my peace and quiet, and I really need it sometimes.ย 

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

Just bear in mind that when the Thai banks go belly up, which will probably happen when the global financial system collapses inevitably, each bank will only guarantee one million Baht of all your accounts in the bank. The rest of your money will be confiscated. Some Thai banks are reported to be silently in a spot of bother. If all your money is in stocks and banks, you might like to change your financial management strategy. You may be wealthy today, but much of your wealth could all disappear almost overnight.

TEOTWAWKI isn't something I want to live through. If the world's banks go down it's the end for most of us.

My wife works diligently at annoying meย 

When we lives in the US , she worked , and annoyed me remotely from her job most of the day. ,ย 

but now that I am retiredย  and we are living in Thailand full-time, she stays at home so she can annoy me full time.ย 

I don't know why she does this , because I am terrific guy and a wonderful person.ย