Private Investigator

James9999

Don't know if is the best site to ask this but I can't see a better one. Has anybody ever used a PI in Thailand? Were they any good, any recommendations for one? I have seen two web sites but that is no indication if they are any good.

I did make an online enquiry and it was 25,000 baht for 10 hours work. But no idea if the PI was any good or not of course. 50,000 baht seems a hell of a lot just to follow a gf around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

my friend had his gf followed. 50k many years ago in pattaya.

How many years ago was that ?......

Do you know anyone (friend etc)  in Thailand James9999 ? I also knew someone who had the same problem, he had a friend talk to the motorbike taxi 's, cost him 1,200 a day (8 years ago) 2 guys shared it --no one takes any notice of those guys, they can sit outside clubs apartments etc.  & yer he got the answer , although not really the one he wanted.

Let's just say that this has to be a proper job with evidense sufficient to stand up in court. I am sure a motorbike taxi drive could find out what I want to know but is it of any use?

What do you want to find out?

If you want to hire a PI to find out if your favorite Nana girl only loves you, then I am pretty sure many serious PIs wouldn't be interested in that job. But I am sure you will find some who also ask you what you want to hear.

If you i.e. want to make a business contract and you want to find out more about a specific company, their CEO, etc., then I am sure you will be able to find serious PIs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, James9999 said:

I did make an online enquiry and it was 25,000 baht for 10 hours work. But no idea if the PI was any good or not of course. 50,000 baht seems a hell of a lot just to follow a gf around.

20 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

How many years ago was that ?......

14 years ago, or so... i cant vouch for the price i am reporting what my friend told me. 25k for 10 hours can add up quickly if an unscrupulous pi hikes his hours.  let us know why you need the pi and how much it will cost. i am sure, as others pointed out, many here will be curious to find out. one can only speculate that if you need to go to court it is likely a romance gone bad

funny i was thinking about that a few days ago

8 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you don't trust your gf, just stop the relationship.

that is what i think. this is the land of plenty. not like back home. he found out she was cheating on him with another woman. he housed her in a nice place and sent her daughter to a private school... they were engaged to be married and he broke it off making sure she knew what she lost. this is not my op... so thats it for this guy who paid 50k

quoting me about what someone else paid or went through is a bit futile

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, James9999 said:

Let's just say that this has to be a proper job with evidense sufficient to stand up in court. I am sure a motorbike taxi drive could find out what I want to know but is it of any use?

If you're in Bangkok or another large city, they are available. Out in the country you'll pay quite a lot to get them to travel. Court for proving infidelity isn't really going to help if you're looking to get custody of a child, as the mother will always get the child here unless you can prove the child is being abused in some way, or around drug dealing. It's different in the US, where cheating can lose you custody if the child is anywhere near what's going on. As far as anything else, a woman can do what she wants here and she will always get half of what you accrued after the marriage, so proving infidelity means little besides the knowledge you need a better partner you can trust. It's hard to ask for referrals unless they are listed on their page, although that could also be friends and even if you could contact them, you would still have to find one that speaks your language, unless you can speak Thai.. Look to see how long they have been in business, if they have satellite offices, referrals, English speaking. The more they put into their business, the more you can trust they will do the job right. Basically, people give clues if they are straying, and if you don't trust her, it's time to find another. Isn't worth the headaches worrying as there are millions here to choose from.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2

Used a PI about 15 years ago. 

Someone owed me serious money and disappeared,  PI found the person,  I got my money. Cost were about 2500. I couldn't have done it by myself, it was easy for the PI.

Edited by Lorry
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

If you're in Bangkok or another large city, they are available. Out in the country you'll pay quite a lot to get them to travel. Court for proving infidelity isn't really going to help if you're looking to get custody of a child, as the mother will always get the child here unless you can prove the child is being abused in some way, or around drug dealing. It's different in the US,

no children involved.

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you want to hire a PI to find out if your favorite Nana girl only loves you,

I did say that I needed evidense that would stand up in court. Why would I be taking a Nana gf to court?

19 hours ago, James9999 said:

did make an online enquiry and it was 25,000 baht for 10 hours work

OMG......We have gardeners in at the moment and we are paying 250B per day.......

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, James9999 said:

Who said gf. why do so many people jump to the wrong conclusion.

You did?

• Like 1

Dependson where you live, but if you hire a Thai PI I have heard they can be less than 'honest' and can even tell the other Party and get them to pay them as well (to lie about their infidelity). There are no licences or controls in Thailand - they dont have a licence to lose or fines/jail hanging over their heads if they do the wrong thing.  IMO go and see an Expat Lawyer and ask them to nominate a PI - about as good as you are going to get IMO.  If you are in the boondocks then I dont see that as being a viable option - maybe learn how to track/copy a phone and do that when they are in the shower? If it not a person living with you, then you should ask the Lawyer for advice and a recommendation. 

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, James9999 said:

I replied to another person who talked about his friend using a PI to check upon his gf.

Why don't you read properly who it is addressed too and be more specific for what reason YOU need a PI.

1 hour ago, James9999 said:

It seems that many guys in Thailand don't trust their gf or wife. For that reason, for many the first thought is that you want to do something like that.

If you want to do something relating business and not relating to any wife or girlfriend, then it makes a lot of sense in this forum to make this 100% clear. If you do that, then you won't receive many comments like above. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You did?

Oh No I didn't. Somebody else mentioned 50,000 to follow his gf around. I quoted him. I "DON'T " have a gf. Go back to sleep if you can't keep up with the thread.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps because you posted this...

"50,000 baht seems a hell of a lot just to follow a gf around".

Another one who can't keep up with the thread. I did not say that I had a gf. I quoted something that some body else said. Are you all idiots on this site?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, James9999 said:

Oh No I didn't. Somebody else mentioned 50,000 to follow his gf around. I quoted him. I "DON'T " have a gf. Go back to sleep if you can't keep up with the thread.

Having read the thread that sounds like an excellent option...good luck hassling your errant gf.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps because you posted this...

"50,000 baht seems a hell of a lot just to follow a gf around".

Another one. I didn't write that. Somebody else did.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Dump her...save some money on the PI and get a new gf....no brainer.

Keep up. There is nobody to dump. The PI is needed for evidense in court case. I have now spoken with a lawyer who recommended somebody.