Which members do you think are Russian/Chinese/NK etc bots?

28 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Sophisticated bots  would rely on learning algorithms , but that won't make them feel something ...

They will have sensors akin to nerve endings in our skin. They will "feel" just like a human, and will "learn" from certain degrees of inputs that could be regarded as "pain".

Our bodies are just a biological machine and can be replicated in a sophisticated robotic machine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They will have sensors akin to nerve endings in our skin. They will "feel" just like a human, and will "learn" from certain degrees of inputs that could be regarded as "pain".

Our bodies are just a biological machine and can be replicated in a sophisticated robotic machine.

The bodies , yes , but the mind , the spirit ...?

I once had a ' near death ' experience .

My heart stopped beating .. my mind instantly started analyzing the anomaly ... it was like that there was something in my head that controlled my body functions , independent from my body .

Btw ... the heart started beating again , the body is not dead ( yet ) .

But the spirit will never die , just change ...?

Edited by nobodysfriend
typo

Beware of people  called Kim, Nikolai and Wong! 🙄....How hard is it and while I'm at it, SO WHAT if there are  Chinese, North Korean or Russian bots here, I for one could'nt give a rats' toss! However do they affect you??? Are you feeling communist leanings, comrade???

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

The bodies , yes , but the mind , the spirit ...?

I once had a ' near death ' experience .

My heart stopped beating .. my mind instantly started analyzing the anomaly ... it was like that there was something in my head that controlled my body functions , independent from my body .

Once real AI is created ie an autonomous machine that can learn, they will essentially be the equal of humans in intellect and superior to humans in all physical aspects.

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, bob smith said:

that is a brilliant analogy.

even though I'm sure that I am one of those inconsiderate members you are referring to.

bravo, sir!

bob.

No names Bob.  I'm just yelling at a cloud going by, from inside my glass house.

Though, if I did operate a buffet, I'd appreciate a heads up from the diners before they just quit coming in.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

superior to humans in all physical aspects.

Sure .

In all physical aspects .

What about the metaphysical aspects ?

But that is off topic .

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They will "feel" just like a human, and will "learn" from certain degrees of inputs that could be regarded as "pain"

But would they ever be able to love me just as my dogs do ...?

I doubt that .

21 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

But would they ever be able to love me just as my dogs do ...?

I doubt that .

Your dogs don't love you. They only act like that because you feed them. Just like your gf/wife.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Me, I am  bot

Я, я бот.

我是一个机器人

나, 나는 봇이다

01001101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100.

43 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Your dogs don't love you. They only act like that because you feed them. Just like your gf/wife.

Ok ...

But will bots be able to show emotions ?

And , if so , emotional feelings based on what ?

PS : my dogs wait for me when I am not near , they are happy when they see me , even if I do not feed them .

Really loyal , too .

But this depends entirely on the owner , I guess ...?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

PS : my dogs wait for me when I am not near , they are happy when they see me , even if I do not feed them .

Really loyal , too .

You need to read about Pavlov's dog.

29 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Me, I am  bot

Я, я бот.

我是一个机器人

나, 나는 봇이다

01001101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100.

Nihao ma, Comrade! 

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No bots, but some members want to see America fail, so that Russia can regain its former status.

So, the pro-Russia types want Trump to win, because they know that Trump defers to Putin.

PBS Newshour from last eve cited 91 Democracies and 88 Autocracies in the world today. How they came up with the numbers, I do not know.

• Like 1

In my view, no bots on here, but there are many that like a good old wide-up,or have their own strong views on certain subjects, and strong views which are far right/left on world situations

As long as it is civil discussion, it's fine by me, I have subjects I feel strongly about, as we all do

Israel is the global leader in Chatbots .

https://clutch.co/il/developers/artificial-intelligence/chatbots

Sometimes I suspected some of our pro-israeli members here to be no real members and to just distribute their preprogrammed info ...?

But , what would that be good for ?

It is the facts , the evidence , that counts .

https://zapier.com/blog/best-ai-chatbot/

What to look for in an AI chatbot

• Accuracy and responsiveness. Given that a lot of AI chatbots are using GPT right now, they'll generally give you similar-ish content. But there were some duds. I didn't include any platforms that couldn't generate coherent language, that delivered wildly inaccurate information on a consistent basis, or that couldn't move a conversation forward naturally.

• Easy access. There shouldn't be any advanced setup or technical requirements to talk to a chatbot, when you can do it quickly (and for free) with ChatGPT.

• Chat experience. There are lots of ways to interact with AI, but the staple of ChatGPT is interacting with the model through a chat window. With a few exceptions, each app on this list is a conversational AI chatbot

• Extra features. Anything on top of entering your prompt and receiving the output is welcome, from multi-language support to connecting directly to the internet.

We have humanoid bots - sad people who have been "turned". They can be recognised by their "slur and link" strategy and inability to engage in counter argument. Also they pick their spots carefully and avoid being called out on their tactics, for example if they use the "that has been debunked" tactic they don't reply to requests to provide evidence of the supposed "debunking", the post has done it's job - some people accepted the false allegation that something had been debunked.

• Agree 2

Just now, mokwit said:

We have humanoid bots - sad people who have been "turned". They can be recognised by their "slur and link" strategy and inability to engage in counter argument. Also they pick their spots carefully and avoid being called out on their tactics, for example if they use the "that has been debunked" tactic they don't reply to requests to provide evidence of the supposed "debunking", the post has done it's job - some people accepted the false allegation that something had been debunked.

Whenever I see or hear " debunked", I know the person has identified themselves of having no individual thought, and certainly nothing informed to add, except for an almost rabid attitude towards using talking points.  This includes both left and right of politics.

I don't mind spirited discussions and I appreciate alternate views because it sharpens my own beliefs, but those who only deny & deny, usually throwing-in an ad hominem somewhere in there, are a waste of time and not worth engaging.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Whenever I see or hear " debunked", I know the person has identified themselves of having no individual thought, and certainly nothing informed to add, except for an almost rabid attitude towards using talking points.  This includes both left and right of politics.

I don't mind spirited discussions and I appreciate alternate views because it sharpens my own beliefs, but those who only deny & deny, usually throwing-in an ad hominem somewhere in there, are a waste of time and not worth engaging.

Exactly. My issue is with their tactics not their opposing beliefs. Any attempt to debate (a foundation of democracy) is met with tactics.

The Left's "It is not necessary to have better arguments, only to control the media" applies here. The screaming accusations of racism/fascist etc is designed to cower the opposition. It represents filthy low tactics.

I posted this in another thread:

Teacher has gone from the sand pit with the change of ownership. They were able to kick sand in our faces with impunity and we were prevented from kicking back. They had a whale of a time, but now we can get in the sandpit and kick back. Of course they are much better at dishing it out than getting it back, but if you dish it out you get it back and it's no use crying "fascist bullyboy" to anyone who counters their tactics and demanding teacher who isn't there anymore remove the offending counterpoints.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thanks 1