Are you offended at being called Old?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Nice made up story but generally people think I'm younger than i am, I'm sure that will reverse one day

Story is not made up.

I have been looking in the mirror all morning and will go to the gym twice today 

Everyone is obviously noticing my arms are muscle

39 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

That old guy can be a Cxxt

Tell us more, why does he hate you? 

Yes that old CxxT !

Crikey, respect in the workplace 😟

I walked out of the cubicle to look in the mirror ,I started posing

I nearly got an erection

Too much information.

Wow I have the wrong impression of you, you're a freak of nature. 💪💪💪💪

😉

Good early morning reading, I needed a laugh 👍

I dislike it when Thai females call you Papa when they seem only a decade younger. 

Years ago working in Oz, my older co-worker would always say 'put a cross on your back to make sure that the right one comes back' when I told him I was going for a crap. 

How was your DUMP? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

people think I'm younger than i am

From the The Shawshank Redemption (1994):

ANDY (offers his hand) Hello. I'm Andy Dufresne.
RED The wife-killin' banker. ... Why'd you do it?
ANDY I didn't, since you ask.
RED Hell, you'll fit right in, then. (off Andy's look) Everyone's innocent in here, don't you know that? Heywood! What are you in for, boy?
HEYWOOD Didn't do it! Lawyer (screwed) me.

In recent years I've started referring to myself as an old guy, especially when around younger people.  Because when I was their age I perceived people my current age as old.  I don't feel old, but from their perspective I am, and I simply recognize that from their perspective, they're right.  Doesn't bother me.

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was working the night shift last night as a cleaning supervisor with two new staff younger guys .

I was in a toilet cubicle when I heard the younger guys come in.

I put my ear to the door 

The newer one said to other one "That old guy can be a Cxxt sometimes ,he said I can only take a 20 minutes Crib break !

I knew he was talking about me !!!

My blood pressure started to rise from the normal 150 to probably 1000 as I heard him saying the word "OLD " .....old guy ! 

I was about to open the toilet cubicle walk out fast and say WTF did you call me !!!😡

Then all of a sudden the other said to him..."You mean George ?

"George ,the muscle old guy???

All of a sudden my anger turned into a state of euphoria at being called "muscle " and then I heard the other guy confirmed it

"Yes that old CxxT !!! He replied

I nearly got an erection after hearing that he confirmed I was muscle 💪 

After they left I walked out of the cubicle to look in the mirror ,I started posing ,💪

A nurse walked in and looked at me oddly as I had turned around in the mirror to see if my glutes were muscle too ,I bent over and clenched my butt cheeks and looked back into the mirror 🪞 

I remember years ago probably about 10 years ago I was travelling on a long distance train from Sydney to Perth and the train had stopped at at some outback station in the middle of the night , I walked off the train to see the train driver standing near his cabin having a smoke.

I asked him what was happening.

He replied "I'm just having a break and doing some butt clenching " 

He then proceeded to clench his butt cheeks in the small shorts he was in whilst having his smoke

Anyway please get back on topic !

Do you feel offended by being called ..OLD 

When are you Old ?

I don't feel old 

What were you doing in the toilet cubicle …trying to increase your heart rate …did you manage to make it go above 50 ….lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm 65 years old, but it seems that some others don't consider me as old. My last job was teaching kindergarten at an international school, when I was 63 🙂 But my Thai nieces do address me as 'loong Simon', which is a little better than 'papa'!

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was working the night shift last night as a cleaning supervisor with two new staff younger guys .

I put my ear to the door 

The newer one said to other one "That old guy can be a Cxxt sometimes ,he said I can only take a 20 minutes Crib break !

My blood pressure started to rise from the normal 150 to probably 1000 as I heard him saying the word "OLD " .....old guy ! 

I was about to open the toilet cubicle walk out fast and say WTF did you call me !!!😡

All of a sudden my anger turned into a state of euphoria at being called "muscle " and then I heard the other guy confirmed it

After they left I walked out of the cubicle to look in the mirror ,I started posing ,💪

A nurse walked in and looked at me oddly as I had turned around in the mirror to see if my glutes were muscle too ,I bent over and clenched my butt cheeks and looked back into the mirror 🪞 

I remember years ago probably about 10 years ago I was travelling on a long distance train from Sydney to Perth and the train had stopped at at some outback station in the middle of the night , I walked off the train to see the train driver standing near his cabin having a smoke.

He then proceeded to clench his butt cheeks in the small shorts he was in whilst having his smoke

When are you Old ?

I don't feel old 

No, it's called facing up to reality.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Tell us more, why does he hate you? 

Crikey, respect in the workplace 😟

Too much information.

Wow I have the wrong impression of you, you're a freak of nature. 💪💪💪💪

😉

Good early morning reading, I needed a laugh 👍

I dislike it when Thai females call you Papa when they seem only a decade younger. 

Years ago working in Oz, my older co-worker would always say 'put a cross on your back to make sure that the right one comes back' when I told him I was going for a crap. 

How was your DUMP? 

Papa has nothing to do with father in Thailand it means a well off older person of respect

When I was in the army I used to complain about the OLD BOYS CLUB in the mess.

Then all of a sudden I looked around and found out that I was now one of the OLD BOYS

We all reach a point where depending on our age to younger people we are the old ladies or old guys.

You get used to it.

Me personally when I was in the military I took it as a compliment I had lasted that long.

Now I am pushing 70 and definitley I am old.

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Story is not made up.

I have been looking in the mirror all morning and will go to the gym twice today 

Everyone is obviously noticing my arms are muscle

And for how long have you been having these fantasies'?

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I put my ear to the door 

When are you Old ?

I don't feel old 

Are you drinking heavily again?

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Not offended as such, but I can, depending on the circumstances, find it upsetting.....purley because it is driving home the truth that I am old...or getting old.

How old are you? 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I don't think about it. I am somewhat surprised I have lived this long.

I think it was George Burns who said "If I'd known i was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself"

More to the point, being old is relative - age 40, you're old to a teenager, age 50 you're young to a 70 year old.

It's like being tall or short, fat or thin, you are what you are.  A lot of it is perception.

To answer the OP directly - No, I'm not enough of a snowflake to give a damn.

Signed VBF - a short fat old git most of the time but a handsome young man in Pattaya.  🤔😂🤣

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 1