Cheap Charlies blocked my review

Pattaya57

On 8/2/2024 at 11:24 PM, Pattaya57 said:

I just went on Cheap Charlies Facebook site and was shocked how all of the food reviews were so positive without a single criticism (I mean it was sickening how fantastic the food apparently is, 5 stars)

Now this has not been my experience after I bought the membership card that gives all daily specials at 99 baht. While it could be considered great value, I don't think any of the food has ever tasted great to me (been 4 or 5 times)

Anyway, I thought I'd post that tomorrow's sirloin steak special was not very good when I had it a couple of weeks ago, but what else to expect for 99 baht and within 2 minutes I was banned from their Facebook page. Now I understand why all the posts are so positive, anything else is just banned 😆 

After all these years, I'm still trying to work out why anyone uses Zurkerbrurger's Face Book. Yesterday he admitted that Facebook censored all COVID posts that were  not approved by the government. Great service Murk Zuckerbergy.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

I don't know.. not the kind of establishment I would eat at.

Fair enough, was in Pattaya for a month last year, ate there a few times and the English fella was always there, thanks to Scubascuba3 for the info.

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

...and the choice foreigners are no better

You're just playing silly games.

Are you aware of the potential serious legal consequences of posting bad reviews in Thailand regardless of whether the criticism is true or not or owner's nationality?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

the English fella

What kind of language is that ?

Fella ? 

I haven't heard that word since 2004 when I was in the outback Australian town of Bourke 

Start talking the Queen's english!!!!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Fair enough, was in Pattaya for a month last year, ate there a few times and the English fella was always there, thanks to Scubascuba3 for the info.

I don't like places where the owner comes out and schmoozes.

Feels weird, like I need to say how great things are, etc. In fact, I stopped going to a place where this happens regularly. I can always tell when it's the owner and not a customer, they have a certain mannerism and vibe.

I understand how it's their place and they don't want to just remain in the kitchen all day, so I respect it, it's just not for me.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I don't like places where the owner comes out and schmoozes.

Feels weird, like I need to say how great things are, etc. In fact, I stopped going to a place where this happens regularly. I can always tell when it's the owner and not a customer, they have a certain mannerism and vibe.

I understand how it's their place and they don't want to just remain in the kitchen all day, so I respect it, it's just not for me.

Me neither, he was sat at the front of the restaurant the number of times I was in there, just acknowledged customers as they walked in or walked out.

Edited by roo860

24 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Me neither, he was sat at the front of the restaurant the number of times I was in there, just acknowledged customers as they walked in or walked out.

I never noticed it at that particular place, it's usually smaller places where it happens. It always feels like they are trying to get you to return again. Maybe a good suggestion is to just act like another customer and not play the owner role.

It's an old school thing from the Lawrence Welk days, greeters, and schmoozing is a skill that's hard to master. I stayed at the Lawrence Welk resorts some time ago and they had people who did this during meals, or anywhere really, but it has to be done just right or it comes off wrong. Also, tailored to each person and their responses. Almost like being an actor or a game show host.

Edited by JimTripper

25 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Yeah, he chatted to me when I went in and brought me a menu. I'd much rather have a cute Thai girl do that instead of a fat old British guy

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, roo860 said:

It's not necessary for me but some falang like talking to managers and then telling people they are friends with them, sad i know

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You're just playing silly games.

Are you aware of the potential serious legal consequences of posting bad reviews in Thailand regardless of whether the criticism is true or not or owner's nationality?

That's exactly the what the foreigners are taking advantage to fill their pocket. Are they and their sympathizers any better?

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Yeah, he chatted to me when I went in and brought me a menu. I'd much rather have a cute Thai girl do that instead of a fat old British guy

Rather sexist isn't it?

And how disgusting,a old man of your age 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ravip said:

That's exactly the what the foreigners are taking advantage to fill their pocket. Are they and their sympathizers any better?

Oh, I see what you're focused on now. Not interesting to me. The point I was only making is the situation about publicly criticizing businesses in Thailand. It's very much not like the west.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, I see what you're focused on now. Not interesting to me. The point I was only making is the situation about publicly criticizing businesses in Thailand. It's very much not like the west.

aah ok

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

What kind of language is that ?

Fella ? 

I haven't heard that word since 2004 when I was in the outback Australian town of Bourke 

Start talking the Queen's english!!!!

Don't you know the KING's English?...............................Is he? 555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, roo860 said:

This coming soon to a CC near you:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2024 at 3:52 PM, Pattaya57 said:

That statement surprises a few of us.....................

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

I made the mistake of eating at the Lotus food court. Ewwww and Yuck. 

I have to agree ...  some of those dishes remind me of the farm days when I mixed the dog food in a bucket of water.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2024 at 5:30 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Waitresses are moody though, a few good friendly ones, others have formed a waitress mafia

Yes that was my impression. Very moody waitresses. Food is average but they need to pay attention to detail. Food quality / delivery is poor.