NHRC calls for investigation into Thaksin's "VVIP" treatment

Thaksin has taken advantage of the goodwill afforded to him since his  return.   Using silly medical props and petty ailments is  now being belatedly questioned. 

Hope he didn't sell his palatial pad in the desert. 

• Agree 1

Remember - when he was first "sent to prison" he complained he was having problems sleeping - despite not even being there an HOUR.
He was then taken to the hospital because apparently thats what they do with all prisoners who have trouble taking a nap.

And THEN they came up with a host of "illnesses" to justify why he was being treated in a VVIP suite instead of where ALL the other prisoners get treated.

And NOW that someone has requested an investigation into his treatment, he suddenly has a number of NEW health issues and wanted to go back to his luxury dwellings in Dubai for medical consultations.

Which is a JOKE when you remember the "medical visa" scam Thailand started years ago which was specifically aimed at attracting wealthy Arabs to come to Thailand for medical treatment.

It sounds like a certain former PM may be worried his freedom could come to an abrupt end soon and is trying his old "just going to watch the opening cermonies of the Olympics and I'll be right back" scam he got away with last time.

Makes you wonder if they've cancelled ANY of his passports ? Or is he using one of those cheapy "third country" passports like those Chinese billboards were advertising ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Low oxygen level and high blood pressure ...

Hardly life threatening conditions .

You dont think they are life threatening.... please expain.

18 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

You dont think they are life threatening.... please expain.

I think you are being provocative here!

Of course these conditions CAN be life threatening - but we have not been given the figures..

Many people, myself included, can have a perfectly normal life with these conditions - no need for medivac and a 181 day VIP hospital stay.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I think you are being provocative here!

Of course these conditions CAN be life threatening - but we have not been given the figures..

Many people, myself included, can have a perfectly normal life with these conditions - no need for medivac and a 181 day VIP hospital stay.

I was held in ICU due to low blood oxygen level.

He so ill needs to remain in hospital for his entire sentence…. Thaksin paroled….. its a miracle and i don't need to remain in hospital for a minute longer

problem is the system has not been transparent quoting doctor patient confidentiality to avoid the truth coming out

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You forgot the sling, don't forget the all important sling, the torn shoulder cuff was life threatening.

Joking apart, it just shows what the Thai "elite" think of the mentality of the average Thai person, when they expect the "man in the street" to believe such bull****! 

Reminds me very much of "The Watchman's" (Prawit) pathetic excuses re his hoard of expensive watches - borrowed from a friend and he can't give them back because the friend is now dead"! Pfft! (We never did hear who the dead "friend" was, and I presume he still has his "collection"!)

Edited by sambum