looking for recommendations for a gastroenterologist

rumak

If Dr Jeerasak is still at Rajavej, he would be a good choice. All the senior gastroenterologists in CM were trained by the same person and come from the same class, for anything serious I might consider Sriphat or travel to Bangkok. 

At Sriphat, Dr.nipphit Phrommee,M.D. has a very good reputation.

https://sriphat.med.cmu.ac.th/find_doctor?lang=en&doctor_name=&spec_name=25&special_name=70

9 hours ago, Bill97 said:

That is what he wants to tell the doctor.

If the OP is coming on ASEAN to ask for recommendations without saying what his symptoms are, I doubt anyone except Sheryl can help him.

Researching Bangkok Hospital, RAM, and McCormick websites , I can't find the term gastroenterologist used anywhere.

Well Lacie you really missed it at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai.   They have a gastrointestinal liver clinic and gastrointestinal health service.  Four doctors with gastro subspecialty under internal medicine.

Gastrointestinal Health Services

Didn't bother to check any of your other "Information"  really not worth the bother.  

• Love It 1

I have been going to Dr. Jaruwat Yossomba at Ram for years. i suffer from chronic flareups of Gastritis. He speaks excellent English. 

What are you symptoms? Pain in the belly, reflux, etc? If you really do not what it could be there are two options (endoscopy and/or colonoscopy).  Of course both are expensive but well worth. I have had both done at Ram. 

• Thanks 1

The tricky part about seeing a gastro doc is in avoiding being sold a gastroscopy or endoscopy, "just to check and be safe", when the complaint doesn't really require it. At 36k for the pair, it's a real money spinner for the doctors and the hospital.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, chiang mai said:

The tricky part about seeing a gastro doc is in avoiding being sold a gastroscopy or endoscopy, "just to check and be safe", when the complaint doesn't really require it. At 36k for the pair, it's a real money spinner for the doctors and the hospital.

I know but it gave me peace of mind.  At Ram the combo package was 39K back in 2021.  Now I don't need another Colonoscopy for another 2 more years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill97 said:

That is what he wants to tell the doctor.

thank you.    i ignore him .

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If the OP is coming on ASEAN to ask for recommendations without saying what his symptoms are, I doubt anyone except Sheryl can help him.

It's a tossup whether she would, he has been quite vocal as an anti-vaxxer.

Researching Bangkok Hospital, RAM, and McCormick websites , I can't find the term gastroenterologist used anywhere.

Do you really think Sheryl would not help him if she disagreed with him on vaccines? 

Do you think that because that's how you are? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1