Mass Arrests Follow Violent Far-Right Demonstrations Across the UK

Social Media

16 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I sold a car to my brother. He sold it to a bloke down the road.

That doesn't mean I sold it to the bloke down the road, does it?

But if that car belonged to everyone then you had no right to sell it in the first place did you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Exactly. Hence my post correction misinformation.

Right you are.

16 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Shows the dangers of misinformation on social media.

The social media companies should be held responsible in some way, of course it could be dangerous to take that approach, since they misinformation could just move over to another platform. Perhaps a better way would be to force them to cooperate with the authorities, so that the perpetrators of misinformation can be dealt with appropriately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

But if that car belonged to everyone then you had no right to sell it in the first place did you.

I don't believe anything belongs to everyone.

Also, every member of the UK public over 18 had a choice to buy the shares. I don't see those that bought complaining. Only those that didn't.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dear Triangle said:

Right you are.

The social media companies should be held responsible in some way, of course it could be dangerous to take that approach, since they misinformation could just move over to another platform. Perhaps a better way would be to force them to cooperate with the authorities, so that the perpetrators of misinformation can be dealt with appropriately.

Or teach people not to believe everything they read on the internet ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

This highlights the very essence of the mistakes made by previous governments. 

I really do think that the core of the problem is that mostly, the politicians of the previous governments just don't know what the life experience of the majority of uk people is like, the previous prime minister was a multi millionaire who through his considerable wealth, acquired tens of thousands of pounds a day for just getting out of bed without doing anything. On top of that he is married to the daughter of one of the richest people on earth. I think it would be safe to say that he has little experience of what it's like to be a normal person, to worry about paying bills. From what I can gather his family was upper middle class and combined with the fruits of his impressive achievements, he just didn't go through the hardships that many people in the uk have had to contend with.

I can only hope that the new prime minister with his less privileged roots, has a better understanding of what normal people face, and can be more in touch with the issues that matter to them. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dear Triangle said:

This highlights the very essence of the mistakes made by previous governments. 

I really do think that the core of the problem is that mostly, the politicians of the previous governments just don't know what the life experience of the majority of uk people is like, the previous prime minister was a multi millionaire who through his considerable wealth, acquired tens of thousands of pounds a day for just getting out of bed without doing anything. On top of that he is married to the daughter of one of the richest people on earth. I think it would be safe to say that he has little experience of what it's like to be a normal person, to worry about paying bills. From what I can gather his family was upper middle class and combined with the fruits of his impressive achievements, he just didn't go through the hardships that many people in the uk have had to contend with.

I can only hope that the new prime minister with his less privileged roots, has a better understanding of what normal people face, and can be more in touch with the issues that matter to them. 

I agree.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't believe anything belongs to everyone.

Also, every member of the UK public over 18 had a choice to buy the shares. I don't see those that bought complaining. Only those that didn't.

So it is the UK public's fault these national industries are now owned by foreign governments and entities? If only more of us had bought a few shares....

38 minutes ago, Dear Triangle said:

I think that it speaks to the true cause of the grievance that people have. Things were good, and as time has passed things have gotten worse, wages have have not risen at the same rate as house prices. Public services have deteriorated. All of this can be traced back to things the government have done, have allowed to happen and have encouraged. 

Yet people on are the streets breaking things and looting. And they say it's because they want their country back. That no one listens to them. <minority> took their jobs and women etc.

This is where things do go a bit off topic. It's up to you to take this path if you must.

Point is, people are rioting, and they are doing it because of misinformation combined with real problems they face, the causes of which have been misrepresented by people looking to benefit from the situation and further their aims.

The enemies of the UK are laughing right now.

It's all because of misinformation. Plain and simple

• Agree 1

I believe this is all orchestrated violence initiated by the agencies. As OffG explains so well.

There are a lot of unanswered questions, and the current level of  “mourning” by government institutions and groups in no way directly affected  by the tragedy always has a taint of the performative that shouldn’t be too quickly conflated with  insincerity or worse.

And, of course, all of this is coming hot on the heels of the Manchester Airport incident, where police officers and Muslim youths allegedly clashed violently in as yet obscure circumstances. Plus the violence in Whitechapel and Leeds a couple of weeks ago.

Then, as now, both sides were provided with adequate rage-bait to get them worked up.

Whatever the truth of this latest incident, and whatever long term aims it might be used to further, this “strategy of tension” has an immediate political agenda already becoming clear – and it’s as predictable as ever.

The Hill headlines “Misinformation floods social media in wake of breakneck news cycle”, Sky News went with “Southport attack misinformation fuels far-right discourse on social media”

ABC News reports: “Online misinformation fueled tensions over the stabbing attack in Britain that killed 3 children”

The Byline Times collectively scolds society’s negligence: “‘We All Need To Consider Our Role in the Wild West of Social Media Hypercriminality’”

The Institute for Strategic Dialogue (an NGO funded by the usual suspects) has timelined it all for our convenience: From rumours to riots: How online misinformation fuelled violence in the aftermath of the Southport attack

The BBC asks “Did social media fan the flames of riot in Southport?” and Telepgraph answers very much in the affirmative, cutting right to the heart of the matter [emphasis added]:

Unregulated social media disinformation is wrecking Britain – Free speech must come with accountability

The Times skips past establishing the problem right to apportioning blame: “Who is behind Southport social media storm — and can they be stopped?”

The Guardian has decided the answer is TikTok (and AI): “How TikTok bots and AI have powered a resurgence in UK far-right violence”

The New York Times demands to know what social media companies are going to do about it:

The U.K. Riots Were Fomented Online. Will Social Media Companies Act?

One particularly drunk uncle decided the whole thing is Putin’s fault, for some reason, but most of the fire is directed at Twitter/X.

Writing in Prospect, former-Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger claims “Elon Musk’s misinformation machine made the horrors of Southport much worse”, while Forbes wails “Elon Musk Isn’t Stopping Misinformation, He’s Helped Spread It”.

When it comes to this secondary goal the media are yet to reach the “call for action” phase. They are still locked into “fearmongering”, with widespread warnings about nineteen future “far-right” marches and calls to proscribe Tommy Robinson’s EDL as a “terrorist organization”

Which, again, has the useful secondary effect of making this gentleman look more like a genuine force for opposition.

Funnily enough, UK Home Secretary Yvette Cooper was already discussing giving police “new powers to crackdown on antisocial behaviour” just a day before the Southport attack occurred.

But it fell to Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer to formally lay it out in his address yesterday afternoon [transcript].

Pledging to counter the “far-right” with a new police division, and increased use of surveillance and facial recognition technology to “limit their movements”:

Wider deployment of facial recognition technology…And preventive action – criminal behaviour orders…To restrict their movements…

And firing a warning shot across the bows of social media:

And let me also say to large social media companies and those who run them…Violent disorder clearly whipped up online…That is also a crime. It’s happening on your premises. And the law must be upheld everywhere.

https://off-guardian.org/2024/08/02/uk-riots-the-agenda-becomes-clear/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

The Rochdale sex crimes Pakistani  involvement was kept quiet for years as there was a fear of offending the  SE Asian community. 

It was kept quiet because Politicians and media people were all at it as well  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Hats off to these fine patriots. Keep it up.

Did they EVER arrest 90 of the fine Muslims that came into the country and held demonstrations?  Were they called "Far Left Extremists?  Are those walking around stabbing older people and children  called extremists.  Just asking.  I have not seen this.               

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

These events occurred in the UK.  Making reference to "Kamala" and "lefties"  is nonsensical. Kamala Harris had no involvement with any protests in the UK.  Your claim of MSM clowns is unsupported by fact. Please provide an event that supports your statement.  What happened in the USA in respect to local US  events has not relationship to the events in the UK.

Do you really think these events are happening in the UK, the USA, Sweden, and all around the collective west in a vacuum?  Or rather, a series of vacuums where the same thing is happening all over, but completely independent from all the other places it's happening?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mokwit said:

So if they know who they are they must have arrested them or there will be arrests soon/ Can you give us the names? Though not. Maybe not listen so much to 'Hope not Hate' which is a "charity" paying its execs more than MP's. Brendan Cox was/is on over a hundred grand a year.

There was me thinking it was an anti murdering of little girls by a man with a knife protests. I know what you are going to tell me, but it is ironic isn't it? after all those Islamic stabbings, the one that sets off riots may not be Islam related, maybe if there had not been so many similar frenzied attacks by Islamists previously this might not have happened.

Ridiculous question and  justification for attacks on police and property. Maybe these people will eventually mature and realise such actions are counter productive and will not resolve current tensions in the UK

6 hours ago, Dear Triangle said:

Perhaps a better way would be to force them to cooperate with the authorities, so that the perpetrators of misinformation can be dealt with appropriately.

Who gets to decide what constitutes misinformation?  Because even the so called "independent fact checkers" have a spotty record.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

Do you really think these events are happening in the UK, the USA, Sweden, and all around the collective west in a vacuum?  Or rather, a series of vacuums where the same thing is happening all over, but completely independent from all the other places it's happening?

You mean the globalists policies. That are in juxtaposition to Nationalism.: If these institutional invasions had not happened then the good native citizens, I mean "far right" would not be in the streets. What to do? : Round them up, revoke citizenship - and put them on a boat back to bum f*"" Egypt . Or ya all can continue taking about it until the cows come home 

Edited by morrobay
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, simple1 said:

identified by the BBC reporters who cover these matters. In any case your post is total rubbish. The violence commenced due to misinformation by right wing actors claiming offender was a migrant and Muslim - both wrong, as are you for supporting attacks on police and property by your co-conspirators which achieves zero, except for disgust for their actions and your support.

The BBC, is that meant to be a serious source these days? The disruptions have a far greater cause than just the three murdered  girls by the son of African Immigrants. I am not supporting attacks on the Police. ignoring the deep seated causes of continued mass and illegal immigration snd the resentment of creeping Islamisation along with two tier policing is largely to blame. These protesters are being charged already, the two muslim thugs who attacked police at Manchester airport 2 weeks have still not been charged.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1