Agent is offering a one-year work visa for 140k baht but I don't have to work

21 minutes ago, Brandon81 said:

Agent is offering a one-year work visa for 140k baht but I don't have to work. She says I will be her employee. Is this legit? 

Thanks all

I'll do for 130k and still pocket 100k.....You do realise 140k is a ridiculous amount.

• Like 1

Haha.... It is not  our place to say where or how you throw your money away. But you do of course realize you do not need this visa. Currently there is no visa requirements to stay for a very long time here. A year here can be done with only a one time travel outside of Thailand and i am sure there are agents willing to take only your passport out of the country and return with a new entry stamp and visa. 

Why would you need a visa to work and never do any work? 

There is a lot of risk in getting screwed over doing this. Either by the agent or by the immigration and work permit office. Do you not know that immigration checks workplaces with foreigners to ensure everyone has their documents accurate? They raid school and small businesses all the time for this. 

• Agree 1

OP, why would you even consider this as an option.

Currently visa exempt entries are 60 days and can be extended by 30 days. 

Your options depend on history in Thailand and on what visas/visa exempt stays.