British Man, 27, Vanishes in Thailand Before Flight Home

image.jpeg

Simon Robinson Did Not Board His Flight Home On July 26. Handout. Courtesy: The Standard

A Brit, 27-year-old Simon Robinson from Skegness, Lincolnshire, has mysteriously disappeared in Thailand just before he was due to board a flight back to the UK. His family have made an urgent plea for any sightings, fearing for his safety.

Simon was holidaying in the southeast Asian country, having arrived on July 22nd. He was originally due to return on August 3rd but decided to change his flight to an earlier date, July 26th. Alarmingly, it is reported that he did not board his flight home from Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok on that day.

According to the Bangkok Post, a trace of Simon's mobile phone signal confirmed he was in Bangkok just five minutes before he was expected to reach the airport. However, the signal either ceased or was deliberately turned off at that critical moment.

Concern escalated dramatically when Simon’s phone was switched off after a call to his girlfriend, who lives in Boston. He had spoken to her on July 26th, assuring her of his return. This abrupt end to communication has deeply troubled his friends and family.

Simon’s family has wasted no time in seeking help. They contacted the British embassy in Bangkok and have widely spread the word via social media, hoping that someone, somewhere, might have seen him or have any helpful information.

His sister, Sarah Robinson Dale from Barnsley, emphasised that this behaviour is completely out of character for Simon. She has been tirelessly urging anyone with information to come forward and report it to the police.

“I am thankful for everyone’s support and sharing. All anyone can do at the moment is, if you are in Bangkok and see him, contact the police or ask Simon to call me. If you’re in another country, just keep sharing the picture,” she posted on Facebook, reported the UK Standard.

The family remains hopeful but gravely concerned as time continues to pass without any news.

image.jpeg

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-06

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

Search for British tourist who disappeared at Bangkok airport

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Screenshot-2024-08-06-092129-1.webp
Photo courtesy of The Sun UK

A 27 year old British tourist embarked on a dream holiday to Thailand but has mysteriously vanished, leaving his loved ones in a state of despair.

Simon Robinson jetted off to Thailand on July 22, planning to soak up the Sun until August 3. However, just days into his trip, he phoned his girlfriend on July 26, announcing his early return. That call was the last anyone heard from him.

According to The Lincolnite, Robinson, who spends much of his time in Boston, Lincolnshire, UK, never boarded his flight despite his phone pinging near Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Since that fateful call, his phone has been switched off, and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Friends and family are now frantically raising awareness to initiate a search effort. South Yorkshire police have confirmed that Simon’s case has been reported, though they have not launched a missing persons appeal. The Foreign Office has stated it is ready to assist any British national abroad.

In a heartfelt Facebook post, the missing Brit’s sister, Sarah Robinson Dale, expressed her anguish.

“I am going out of my mind here. I am receiving hundreds of messages and don’t have time to reply to them all. I am thankful for everyone’s support and sharing.”

Dale urged anyone in Bangkok to contact the police if they see her brother and encouraged people in other countries to keep sharing his picture.

“As soon as I have any information, I will update on here. Forever grateful, let’s get Simon home.”

Dale was due to speak with the British embassy in Thailand yesterday.

Robinson’s friend, Sam Champ, also took to social media to spread the word.

“One of my dear friends has gone missing in Bangkok, he hasn’t been heard from since July 26. He was supposed to board a flight that day but he didn’t show up. It was his 27th birthday yesterday and everyone is growing very concerned. He has been reported as a missing person.”

Champ attached a picture of his friend, urging people in Bangkok and other parts of Thailand to share the post to help locate his friend, reported The Sun UK.

Simon_Robinson_Twitterjfif-JS922715397-1.webp

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-06

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The bigger mystery IMO, is that he had brought the date of his return flight forward by 8 days.

Why would he decide to do that if he had found someone to cozy up with? I've have thought extending his stay would be more appropriate.

have they checked Soi Cowboy    :whistling:

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It doesn't say he was on his way to the airport just that he was in BKK. Phone switched off after talking to his girlfriend.

What was the talk about?

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

According to The Lincolnite, Robinson, who spends much of his time in Boston, Lincolnshire, UK, never boarded his flight despite his phone pinging near Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

....I'm sure he'll turn up on soi 6 sometime in the near future!

bob.

He's either shacked up with a new friend, or he's peed someone off...

• Agree 2

Well, he changed his mind and want to have his peace and enjoy life. Freedom was calling.

There was another case recently where a daughter was looking for her father or a family was missing their grown up soon for just a week.

These things happen. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My phone pings every day near the airport, I live nearby. it proves nothing, there are hotels all around here.

Of course one would assume he was on his way to the airport if he had a flight due.

• Haha 2

Case#5247 of someone going AWOL when they were supposed to be heading home. Family is worried and posts all over social media then flies to Thailand. Said person is located and all we get is a brief update, “person is found and is safe” or if we are lucky, “person doesn’t want to be contacted” meaning they’re both safe and annoyed that their impromptu extended holiday has been rudely interrupted. 

And every time it was “out of character” for the person.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

It doesn't say he was on his way to the airport just that he was in BKK. Phone switched off after talking to his girlfriend.

What was the talk about?

Fritz ,    what part is not clear ?  

"  a trace of Simon's mobile phone signal confirmed he was in Bangkok just five minutes before he was expected to reach the airport. However, the signal either ceased or was deliberately turned off at that critical moment  "