Mystery Deepens: Missing British Man Boarded Flight from Thailand

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I rather doubt that any airline would reveal passenger details to anyone other than authorized entities such as the police or immigration. The Sun newspaper hardly falls into that category.

I never said they should, but they should to his family, That is what is inexcusable.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I didn't say he was sold . I said many are sold, daily actually. Trafficking also involves drug runners. I don't need TV to keep up on what goes on in the world. News, TV news, yahoo news, word of mouth are ways one sees what's going on worldwide. TV is for movies and series.

6' 2" and 27 he'd make a good slave. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Skimming has you miss the rest of others posts, including the one that came before this one.................True, and hundreds are sold into slavery, murdered, kidnapped for ransom, and have accidents, so people who care for others actually worry

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

I agree.
Of course, they shouldn’t release details to any Tom, Dick or Harry, but I would think family members have the right to know if a loved one was on a particular flight. 

Unless he doesn't want anything to do with his family anymore for whatever reason.

• Agree 1

Something about this story just doesn't sound right, either he was on the Finnair flight where he wasn't. How difficult would it be to make an inquiry with the airlines, and have them check the passenger manifest. I'm sure the police could do that in 15 minutes.

It is more likely that he stayed behind after he met a Pattaya gal who blew his mind, and he decided he just didn't want to come home and he simply does not know what to say at this point or how to excuse his behavior to his girlfriend or his parents. 

The ping could be answered very simply, he was ready to come home when he got another text message urgently asking him to return, as she really missed her sweetheart, and he fell back into the honeytrap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Unless he doesn't want anything to do with his family anymore for whatever reason.

Unlikely seeing that he had been in constant contact with his sister. 

This is the problem with the British media newspapers like the Sun Mail ect 

If the story involves Thailand they are straight on it especially if it involves Pattaya Sex and Sleaze are good sellers of news 

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Something about this story just doesn't sound right, either he was on the Finnair flight where he wasn't. How difficult would it be to make an inquiry with the airlines, and have them check the passenger manifest. I'm sure the police could do that in 15 minutes.

I'm sure the cops could.  But then, they should be bound by privacy laws, not to release his personal information without his permission.  Even to his family.  He is of age...

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said they should, but they should to his family, That is what is inexcusable.

When you are 27 years old grown man back in Englund  do you have to call home every night?

Airlines don't give out passenger information, it could be considered a danger or legal liability 

Even for family imagine a domestic violence situation and a man is looking to harm his wife who run off, or even his sister or daughter?

Ever heard of honour killings?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, john donson said:

imagine he is in IDC

Why would he be in there? As a Brit he would have got 60 day entry and he had been in the country four days - absolutely no reason for him to be in the IDC.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The airline obviously know if he was on the flight, as the crew have to know who is on the plane, and to say they won't release that info is inexcusable, IMO.

The airline has no obligation to release that information to the press or public, they may well have released it to his family, as the article suggests.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless one believes in telportation, he either never boarded the plane or he disappeared between exiting the plane and border control.

The airline obviously know if he was on the flight, as the crew have to know who is on the plane, and to say they won't release that info is inexcusable, IMO.

its called Protocol, to protect the pasenger and the threat of Terrorism..his name would appear on the Passenger Manifest and is the property of the Airline and only discussed with the relevant Police Force.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Of course, they shouldn’t release details to any Tom, Dick or Harry, but I would think family members have the right to know if a loved one was on a particular flight. 

There has been no suggestion that the family were not provided with that information in view of his sister saying, categorically, that he boarded the Finnair flight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The airline has no obligation to release that information to the press or public, they may well have released it to his family, as the article suggests.

If they had released it to the family this thread would not exist as there would be no mystery.

3 minutes ago, tandor said:

its called Protocol, to protect the pasenger and the threat of Terrorism..his name would appear on the Passenger Manifest and is the property of the Airline and only discussed with the relevant Police Force.

The flight was over, so why would releasing the info as to whether he was on the flight be a threat of terrorism?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Strange case 🤔

This guy living in Boston with his girlfriend, traveling the long way to Thailand alone for just one week, called back home and said he would come back early just after a few days in Thailand. 

What was his purpose going to Thailand? Business or pleasure? 

Where did he stay in Thailand? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Probably have kidnapped for berry picking in Finland by Finnish berry company now when Thai people's are not allowed go anymore. It's possibly at he is in forest until winter and can not know what berry companies doing after it for slaves who have Schengen passport and no need send back to home country.

• Haha 1