Trump, Abortion is no Longer a Significant Factor in Election

Social Media

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

There is no reason not to limit abortion to 6-8 weeks and make free pregnancy test kits in all shops from government funds. The idiots making it an issue are those that put women's rights of the termination of a child at later stages forefront of their argument and raking up issues that could be easily dealt with.

I think the states making the decision is correct - not happy, move to a state that allows it. Don;t like CA tax, move. nothing different

I can mostly buy what you say. The "6-8" weeks is really a sticking point, but leaving that up to the states to set policy is a reasonable solution.

NO federal policy to completely abolish abortions. As the guy most recently hated by the right said:

"Mind your own damn business."

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

There is no reason not to limit abortion to 6-8 weeks and make free pregnancy test kits in all shops from government funds. The idiots making it an issue are those that put women's rights of the termination of a child at later stages forefront of their argument and raking up issues that could be easily dealt with.

I think the states making the decision is correct - not happy, move to a state that allows it. Don;t like CA tax, move. nothing different

So misinformed it's scary. The main reason not to limit abortion to 6-8 weeks is many women don't know they are pregnant in this time.

'You typically won’t know you’re pregnant until you miss a period and take a pregnancy test. Many people have irregular menstrual cycles — they can be thrown more out of whack due to stress, being sick, or taking certain medications. And that can make it even more challenging to keep track of your period. Doctors count the age of a pregnancy from the first day of your last period. So that means by the time you miss your period and find out you’re pregnant, you’re at least four weeks pregnant. Even if you have a regular 28 day cycle and are watching your period like a hawk, that still means the window to get an abortion would be about two to four weeks.

Two weeks to make a decision, find child care, take off work, find the money to pay for the procedure, and deal with the other laws in Texas that are designed to shame you and delay your care, like a mandatory 24 hour waiting period for most people and a requirement that all patients receive state-mandated counseling and ultrasound. For these reasons and more, before this law went into effect, roughly 85% of abortions in Texas occurred after six weeks'.   What Does a 6-Week Abortion Ban Even Mean? (plannedparenthood.org)

But yeah, if you don't agree just uproot yourself away from friends and family you have built over your whole life, move to a completely different state, try and get a new job and completely change your life because a couple of ill-informed religious nutters think they should control a woman's body and her right to self determination.

This is NOT a political argument it's a medical one and the professionals (like in most civilised countries) should determine this, not politicians who have sold their soul to religious extremists. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I wasnt saying that either .

Wait until the baby is old enough to make a decision, is what I said 

Then it's OK to have an abortion before the brain has been developed enough to even be aware?

BTW, that's not what you said. I'm just trying to clarify the statements.

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Then it's OK to have an abortion before the brain has been developed enough to even be aware?

BTW, that's not what you said. I'm just trying to clarify the statements.

I don't think that babies should be killed

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't think that babies should be killed

What I'm trying to do is get your specific definition of what a baby is that disqualifies it from an abortion.

Do you remember what it was like before you were born? That's what an embryo is.

NO ONE is suggesting that an abortion should be a casual decision. Many people have lost sleep over whether to or not. To have that choice taken away is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I'm very much Pro-Abortion at any time before the actual birth. 

Me too. Actually I'm for mandatory abortion in many circumstances. Too many unfit, ill equiped, mentally and/or financially unprepared, clueless and undeserving parents having kids. Usually many of them. There should also be limits in every country.

12 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not even if it was conceived through rape or incest or if brought to term would be most definitely have brain damaged leading to them effectively being a cabbage or if their birth would cause the mother to die? Is the life of an embryo more valuable than an actual living person?

Again, this is a medical issue not a political one highjacked by Trump to appeal to the religious right. But it could be the deciding factor for an awful lot of American, women voters. 

I am personally talking about regular babies after they have been conceived , sick babies are a different matter 

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Anyone that makes their political decisions purely based on the killing an unborn child is obscene.

Agree. Fortunately, there are a host of reasons not to support Trump. My family personal healthcare decisions are but one component.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Ok so what about rape or incest victims?

And you are aware that rare but present medical conditions can develop after conception. Very, very rare up until delivery … the Mother and her medical advisors not me, nor any other person making such a critical medically based decision.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They would nt be normal regular babies conceived the normal regular way, would they .

Nor would IVF. I’m thinking the “missionary position” being the only normal, regular way in your mind?

2 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Nor would IVF. I’m thinking the “missionary position” being the only normal, regular way in your mind?

Stop being saucy, 😉

The sexual position of the participants of when the baby was conceived isn't an issue being discussed, you cheeky  man  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Your typical nonsense again I see.

Liberals (which these days you seem to think is anyone that doesn't support Trump) are not wishing to kill unborn children. Harris supports a women's right to choose and supports Roe V Wade which allows abortions up to 3 months unless either the baby is already dead (decided by medical professionals as it should be) and/or the birth will prove fatal to the mother. In other words, sensible policies.

Trump usual fearmongering about Democrats wanting to "rip" babies from the womb at the "moment of birth," has been roundly condemned by fact-checkers as false? Surprise, surprise.

Another liberal attempting to defend the indefensible. 

Quelle surprise.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I read that as Trump being Pro-Abortion.   I thought his supports are vehemently Anti-abortion.  

For the record I'm very much Pro-Abortion at any time before the actual birth. 

so a week before the birth is cool too ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

I wonder if he believes his own rhetoric…..some how I think he knows just this issue is enough to cost the popular vote for sure ,but perhaps not the electoral college.I for one hope this is the last of him……

He’s not even campaigning, well apart from in Montana a State that is solidly Republican.

But he has in a number of occasions told his supporters ‘I contended your votes’ and ‘we have the votes’.

Perhaps he’s hoping the election deniers  the Republicans have been inserting into state electoral commissions are going to come to his aid.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps he’s hoping the election deniers  the Republicans have been inserting into state electoral commissions are going to come to his aid.

got a link for this bs. 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Opinion pieces no factual basis or evidence backing your claim of insertion.

What you don't like a taste of your own medicine ? 

You are by far one of the most aggressive posters on this forum. 

4 hours ago, stoner said:

Opinion pieces no factual basis or evidence backing your claim of insertion.

What you don't like a taste of your own medicine ? 

You are by far one of the most aggressive posters on this forum. 

They are not opinion pieces stoner, they are reporting facts.

Your aversion to which suggests you’ve at last given up all pretense of impartiality.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Apparently, now that Trump is not likely to win, they are laying ground in order be able to overturn election results.

Edited by candide
  • Agree 1