Tuk tuk drivers’ street fight goes viral, sparking outrage (video)

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A street brawl between two tuk tuk drivers erupted yesterday, drawing significant online attention and criticism. The incident saw the drivers engage in a heated physical altercation, ignoring the desperate pleas of bystanders to stop

When the fuse is lit theirs no stopping it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It doesn't matter how much outrage there is, the decades have proven that the tuk tuk and taxi mafias are far more powerful than the police or the army.

They operate above any and all laws. 

A simple fine never stopped anything.. 

25 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A simple fine never stopped anything.. 

No deterrent what so ever Chilli. These Tuk Tuk and Taxi bikes are are never taken to court. They probably do not even if they pay there fines. Walk out the Policr Station jump in your Tucky away again threatening and scamming Tourists. In cases of Taxi bikes 3 warnings take the bike off them. 

Edited by BarraMarra

19 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

These Tuk Tuk and Taxi bikes are are never taken to court.

Apart from in the cases that have been reported here several times were they were charged and penalised by the police and the authorities...they do not have to be "taken to court".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Do you ever see them paying there fines. If there serious enough to begin to clean up this behavior start coming down heavy on them so action is seen and a clear message is sent out. If we see you in a police station again we will fine you or take your bike from you, take this as a warning. What's the point in fining them all they do is Scam a few tourists to pay there fine. Is the current punishment working when they are seen openly fighting in the streets Attacking tourist Lou?

Scoundrels. One of the worst parts of Thailand is packs of rough tuk-tuk and motosai riders sat around all day talking S about people. Yes yes yes there are good ones etc, but these numpties will hopefully be weeded out eventually.

I have an idea. Organize these fights and charge admission. Make it a public spectacle. Any type of hand to hand combat is allowed. The caveat is they have to go at least two or three, two minute rounds. Major entertainment. Come and see the Tuk fights. Watch two maniacal boys, who look, and smell like men, but have only developed emotionally to the age of 13, go at each other, over the tiniest perceived slight! 

Make Phuket and Pattaya the hub of Tukfights. Fun, fun. Come one, and come all!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StandardIssue said:

Years ago, I mistakenly hired a Tuk Tuk to take me to tour the wats. We made a detour to about 2 suit makers during the trip and they tried to hard sell me suits. After the 2nd stop at a Tailors I ditched the driver in the middle of China town. I was a bit green back then. I knew it was not going to end well so I ran.

I have not used a Tuk Tuk since. Just a bad idea. I always chuckle when I see the green tourists all smiles roving around in the Tuk Tuks here in good ole' Kruntep.

First trips to Thailand 2009 + 2010. Both in Bangkok and Chiang Mai I hired Tuk Turks to take me on a general intro tour but … well, it was a bit of a conspiracy, I suppose. I wanted to look around and I already knew the drivers got some kickback for bringing in customers. I was up front with the drivers … don’t expect purchases by me but they were free to take me around. I did buy two tailor made suits and four shirts in Bangkok. Still have the shirts. Chiang Mai was more of hiring the Tuk Tuk for the day so included my own Big C shopping.

4 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

RoboTaxi has been successfully trialed in USA.  It will come to Thailand soon and sweep these people back into the slums.  You don't know where to go?  No map?  No GPS device?  Say hello to your replacement.

image.jpeg.b0afb4b87970b57152b137830198ad6a.jpeg

Ha! Sorry, my mind just went off on a tangent. Wonder how AI driven RoboTaxi will be able to deal with driving in Thailand. I am thinking a sure test fo Alzheimer’s is during my car and motorbike here. Brain has to be firing on all cylinders or … literally crash and burn.