Today at 7/11.....

2 minutes ago, johng said:

A lot of them   however I am based in Pattaya   come and see for yourself 😃

Travel somewhere just to look 7/11 girls ?

If I wanted a girlfriend, I wouldn't be going around the 7/11's looking for one .

Its quite sad to see older westerners hanging  around 7/11s trying to chat to the staff and make friends .

The staff are there to work 

What drives someone to have a meal from 7/11?

It's not that I don't eat occasional junk food, but everything from 7 tastes like plastic. Rancid stuff....yes even a toastie 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

You must be a hansum man.

Of course  (In my own mind ) ( everyone in Pattaya is  a handsome man 😋 )  no I'm not very handsome  but  maybe "exotic"

to a 7/11 employee who has not had much interaction with a "farung"   before,   though some I have no doubt have had many  "interactions"

49 minutes ago, johng said:

I've had very few bad interactions in 7/11   the worst being that I took a 3 pack of bottled beer from the fridge  not knowing that the cardboard holder was wet through   

It wasn't because the cardboard was wet, the dry cardboard cannot support three beers when held by just 1 bottle when its swung around , they often have signs telling you not to hold just one bottle 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its quite sad to see older westerners hanging  around 7/11s trying to chat to the staff and make friends .

I go there to buy my beer the staff are sometimes flirtatious  I do not initiate the flirtations.

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

What drives someone to have a meal from 7/11?

It's not that I don't eat occasional junk food, but everything from 7 tastes like plastic. Rancid stuff....yes even a toastie 

This chicken tikka masala is surprisingly good, 69 baht, try it, very popular, buy extra rice

Screenshot_2024-08-13-16-33-33-923_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

1 bottle when its swung around , they often have signs telling you not to hold just one bottle 

Never seen a sign myself,  did not swing it around anyway I learned my lesson and advise members here on this forum about the problem  so they can avoid it. 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

This chicken tikka masala is surprisingly good, 69 baht, try it, very popular, buy extra rice

Yes....I remember discussing this with you previously. it is indeed good, especially if you add yoghurt on top.

But this meal is limited only to certain 7 shops.

On 8/11/2024 at 8:33 PM, Lacessit said:

Perhaps I was wrong pointing at the burger, I don't know. She did not look confused by my Thai. Or maybe she needed a "Kor tawt krap" as well.

No, you just HAD to rub in the mistake with "Forget?" You should have said, "This, too, krub" Done. 

In any case, you weren't owed any thanks. You did what you were supposed to do, she did her job.

Edited by BigStar

15 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yes....I remember discussing this with you previously. it is indeed good, especially if you add yoghurt on top.

But this meal is limited only to certain 7 shops.

True, hard to find, i only have it every few months

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It wasn't because the cardboard was wet, the dry cardboard cannot support three beers

Dry cardboard can support the weight  I took many packs before without incident, obviously  not "swinging them around"   the cardboard was wet on the bottom dry at the top where you would notice and gave way just before reaching the counter.

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

In what way are they flirtatious ?

They ask if they can drink beer with you,  if you have a girlfriend/wife  etc etc

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I saw that, or a version of, and had it in my had a few times.  Then saw something else new that caught my eye.  Though not a fan of Indian, I do want to give it a try.   Next time O&A for sure.

Think I've sampled just about everything else that interests me.  Most I'd buy again.  

Also haven't sample more than I tried, as just don't interest me, especially if rice is the dominant ingredient.

Do consider, they are 45-69/79 baht items.   But, many as good or better than rolling the dice elsewhere.  Consistent & convenient when O&A, and sometimes, the only game in town worth the effort ... location dependent :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are talking about 43 Baht (for the burger) , its not like its a life changing amount of money .

What was you hoping for ?

A marriage proposal ?

I already have a GF.

"What was you hoping for?" "Its not like its". Well, on this thread I was hoping for people who understood basic syntax and punctuation.

• Sad 1

On 8/11/2024 at 2:36 PM, impulse said:

Is the 7/11 tech that good that they can tell there's a burger missing between inventory cycles?

I can see how she'd get docked if the cash in the till didn't match the receipts issued, but I'm not sure they'd dock her if there was a burger missing.  It would probably be days or weeks before they reconcile the inventory.  By then, they wouldn't know which shift to dock, much less which girl.

Or do they have RFID tags hidden on all the items?

I can tell you that at 7/11 and other retail outlets reconciliation is a continuous digital process. Anything 'out of line' is noticed / highlighted very very quickly and investigated.

• Sad 1

On 8/11/2024 at 8:28 AM, Lacessit said:

I went to 7/11 today from the village to pick up lunch. OK, I slum it occasionally.

I bought about half a dozen items, took them to the cash register. The young girl behind the counter put the double pork burger and cheese aside to be microwaved.

She scanned the items, and gave me my change. I pointed out she had not scanned the burger, or charged me for it.

It was if I had offended her, or caused her to lose face. No smile, no thank you after I had rectified an error which might have got her pay docked at the end of the day.

I still fail sometimes to understand Thai people.

Those ham and cheese toasties from Ezy are actually delicious. 

You basically told her you're a stupid idiot. Thais don't like that. You think you said "I'm saving you from getting pay docked". She heard "You're a stupid idiot and can't do your job right, but me, the clever Farang will tell you what you should do". It's pretty easy to understand.

• Love It 2

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I already have a GF.

"What was you hoping for?" "Its not like its". Well, on this thread I was hoping for people who understood basic syntax and punctuation.

What didn't I understand ?

A 7/11 girl didn't scan your burger and you reminder her to scan it .

The whole shop should have given you a round of applause and they all picked you up are carried you out on their shoulders whilst chanting your name and then they called the Bangkok post to write a report about it .

You seem to be expecting way to much adulation and praise for merely pointing out that your burger wasn't scanned 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What didn't I understand ?

A 7/11 girl didn't scan your burger and you reminder her to scan it .

The whole shop should have given you a round of applause and they all picked you up are carried you out on their shoulders whilst chanting your name and then they called the Bangkok post to write a report about it .

You seem to be expecting way to much adulation and praise for merely pointing out that your burger wasn't scanned 

"reminder her".

If you want to troll me, at least do it without displaying your abysmal education.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Those ham and cheese toasties from Ezy are actually delicious. 

You basically told her you're a stupid idiot. Thais don't like that. You think you said "I'm saving you from getting pay docked". She heard "You're a stupid idiot and can't do your job right, but me, the clever Farang will tell you what you should do". It's pretty easy to understand.

The number of posters on this thread who keep putting words in my mouth I never said is mounting up.

What I said was "Leum ni mai?" If you weren't so bloody lazy, you would have read that in a previous post.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

"reminder her".

If you want to troll me, at least do it without displaying your abysmal education.

Spelling police are not appreciated  on this site , also, its was just an simple error rather than a lack of education .

But what was you expecting for the 7/11 girl ?

You reminded her to scan your 43 Baht burger .

What did you expect in return  ?

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I saw that, or a version of, and had it in my had a few times.  Then saw something else new that caught my eye.  Though not a fan of Indian, I do want to give it a try.   Next time O&A for sure.

Think I've sampled just about everything else that interests me.  Most I'd buy again.  

Also haven't sample more than I tried, as just don't interest me, especially if rice is the dominant ingredient.

Do consider, they are 45-69/79 baht items.   But, many as good or better than rolling the dice elsewhere.  Consistent & convenient when O&A, and sometimes, the only game in town worth the effort ... location dependent :coffee1:

The Masala is hard to find, maybe have to check several 7 Elevens, it sells out quick

• Thumbs Up 1

Cannot speak for the burger but I did get my sausage serviced once by a 7/11 cashier girl that I managed to chat up and pick her up after work for the serious business in private. 😝

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Spelling police are not appreciated  on this site , also, its was just an simple error rather than a lack of education .

But what was you expecting for the 7/11 girl ?

You reminded her to scan your 43 Baht burger .

What did you expect in return  ?

Agree, a simple error. We all make simple errors occasionally,regardless of our education or whatever.

No need for an analysis nor comments on her education.

2 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Cannot speak for the burger but I did get my sausage serviced once by a 7/11 cashier girl that I managed to chat up and pick her up after work for the serious business in private. 😝

Wow, did she forget to charge you on any of the elements of the serious business?

4 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

You has sex with  a 7/11 girl .

How is that relevant to this thread ?

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Masala is hard to find, maybe have to check several 7 Elevens, it sells out quick

Luckily, they seem to have it most days in my local 7/11 so I buy a couple at at time and freeze one. It really is rather good as a snack at that price. My local 7/11 also does a sliced yellow (turmeric?) chicken on curried rice. The two together make a substantial, tasty meal for around 150 baht. I also find the 7/11 Khao Soi to be passable. Again, handy to have one in the fridge for a rainy day or as a snack after a few beers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1