Today at 7/11.....

Today at the pharmacy......

I bought aspirin. It helps me when responding to vacuous posters. I usually buy a month's supply.

When I bought it last month, 30 tablets were 100 baht.

Today, same 30 tablets, same brand, identical strip. 45 baht.

I give up.

Just now, Lacessit said:

I bought aspirin. It helps me when responding to vacuous posters. I usually buy a month's supply.

I give up.

How long you been in Thailand. You should know the prices. 1 a day for blood thinning?

My forgettable shopping fail at 7/11many long years ago.

While browsing with friend she suggested we can buy hot coffee,I agreed and made the first cup ,it was burning hot so I plucked a second cup from the dispenser to give better insulation against the extremely hot first cup . On seeing how hot it was my friend declined ,so off to the cashier, young lady said "cannot" after seeing the confusion on my face she added " Boss counts cups everyday" 

I can't recall leaving with a coffee

28 minutes ago, susanlea said:

How long you been in Thailand. You should know the prices. 1 a day for blood thinning?

JHC, you really are nosey.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I give up.

60 tabs (81) only 50 baht at local pharmacy. 

image.png.eac36a687c77e584284267a65a7de2ea.png

27 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Who keeps receipts for aspirin and compares the price from month to month? 

What was the price two months ago?

I don't. However, I have a pretty good memory.

It was eidetic when I was young.

Just now, Lacessit said:

I don't. However, I have a pretty good memory.

How do you know?

Just now, Lacessit said:

It was eidetic when I was young.

Got change for that? 

No one with a bad memory passes chemistry.

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

How do you know?

Got change for that? 

No one with a bad memory passes chemistry.

I did not say I had a perfect memory, in which case your question would be right on point.

No one with a bad memory passes thermodynamics, those equations are a lot tougher than anything chemistry could throw at me.

On 8/11/2024 at 2:40 PM, Lacessit said:

A simple thank you would have sufficed.

It is not really part of the culture for most Thai's to verbalize a 'thank you' - if it is not usually spoken in their language then it is not impolite or bad manners not to say it to you... 

10 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It is not really part of the culture for most Thai's to verbalize a 'thank you' - if it is not usually spoken in their language then it is not impolite or bad manners not to say it to you... 

What is kopkhun krap and kopkhun ka in the language for, then?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yeah, let a thai woman through a door first or have right of way first and very unlikely you'll get a thanks

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I give up.

I hope you pointed out how they charged you too little and scolded them appropriately for this incompetence?

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I hope you pointed out how they charged you too little and scolded them appropriately for this incompetence?

Given the number of trolls descending on me in this thread, I couldn't be bothered a second time.

Perhaps it has not occurred to you they may have overcharged me previously. A price of 33.33333333333 baht for one strip is a bit unusual, no?

On 8/13/2024 at 4:27 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Travel somewhere just to look 7/11 girls ?

If I wanted a girlfriend, I wouldn't be going around the 7/11's looking for one .

Its quite sad to see older westerners hanging  around 7/11s trying to chat to the staff and make friends .

The staff are there to work 

Why is it that hot women work at 7-11?  The ones that are professional and cheerful are so sexy but I never try to converse.  At 57 maybe I don't want to look like a perve. You seem to not like old people that don't behave how you would like them to.  

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Given the number of trolls descending on me in this thread, I couldn't be bothered a second time.

Perhaps it has not occurred to you they may have overcharged me previously. A price of 33.33333333333 baht for one strip is a bit unusual, no?

It certainly is, I have the same with rabbit food, 74 baht one day 45 Baht the next . 

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

Why is it that hot women work at 7-11?  The ones that are professional and cheerful are so sexy but I never try to converse.  At 57 maybe I don't want to look like a perve. You seem to not like old people that don't behave how you would like them to.  

They are not all hot, but I get your drift.

I don't worry about the age difference. My GF is 23 years younger than me. Thai women don't care, being a good provider is all important to them.

I am always amused when I go back to Australia. The men are envious, the women are furious.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What is kopkhun krap and kopkhun ka in the language for, then?

The appropriate times to use them... it takes some time to learn when it is appropriate or not - which is not the same as your customs from home... 

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

The appropriate times to use them... it takes some time to learn when it is appropriate or not - which is not the same as your customs from home... 

Enlighten me as to the appropriate times, please.

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah, let a thai woman through a door first or have right of way first and very unlikely you'll get a thanks

not the custom to thank someone verbally for that which doesn't mean it is not appreciated and that you might receive a smile - but you have no interest in learning the language or customs... 

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Enlighten me as to the appropriate times, please.

All of them? And it is not a hard and fast rule... it can be used or not... Ask your GF - and keep your ears tuned... my wife spent time in the USA and she learned that farang do this so she delights in saying to a farang -"Thank you so much" but in the same circumstance it is unlikely she would say it to a Thai... 

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

not the custom to thank someone verbally for that which doesn't mean it is not appreciated and that you might receive a smile - but you have no interest in learning the language or customs... 

Really. I guess that's why I am reasonably competent in Thai, and do not interfere with my GF's beliefs and customs.

As you seem determined to antagonize me with inaccurate statements, goodbye and rack off.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They are not all hot, but I get your drift.

I don't worry about the age difference. My GF is 23 years younger than me. Thai women don't care, being a good provider is all important to them.

I am always amused when I go back to Australia. The men are envious, the women are furious.

Whatever makes you happy as long as you aren't hurting anyone in the process. 

Younger women just don't do it for me.  Been with many but for me it is finding the extremely rare woman that is near my age and I find irresistible is what excites me.  Takes a huge effort and a lot of luck!  I seem to have loads of luck and had tons of spare time.

23 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Whatever makes you happy as long as you aren't hurting anyone in the process. 

Younger women just don't do it for me.  Been with many but for me it is finding the extremely rare woman that is near my age and I find irresistible is what excites me.  Takes a huge effort and a lot of luck!  I seem to have loads of luck and had tons of spare time.

The problem with that theory is that women, too get older. If you pick a woman your age, when you're 78 what will she look like at that age? And do you still wan to lie next to her then? We just need to recall Brigitte Bardot then and now to mind, or Pamela Anderson then and now. The horror is palpable. Yet if you choose a young girl, your odds in this regard are much improved.

And that's just looks. I'm not even talking about grouchiness, laziness, declining desire to please, declining desire for sex, menopause, and all this...

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1