Lek Hotel Pattaya

saintdomingo

9 hours ago, balo said:

I remember I never finished the breakfast buffet at Lek Hotel, it was not very good.  That was like 10 years ago, if the standards are the same today I would avoid them.

From a very recent video: breakfast buffet at Lek is closed and will not reopen.

For the hotel as such:

quite difficult to find out what is going on.

Maybe a Pattaya resident can gather first hand information.

My idea: it's open to package tours only (Indians?). Can not be booked online anywhere.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

From a very recent video: breakfast buffet at Lek is closed and will not reopen.

For the hotel as such:

quite difficult to find out what is going on.

Maybe a Pattaya resident can gather first hand information.

My idea: it's open to package tours only (Indians?). Can not be booked online anywhere.

Sounds logical, soon find out anyway.

From memory pre-covid they were asking 1350 a room, now it's 770 or 790 a room at the front. 

A mate who lives down Soi 15 tells me the Travelodge there is 1000++, down from 1750++. Low season prices definitely.

Edited by saintdomingo
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, balo said:

I remember I never finished the breakfast buffet at Lek Hotel, it was not very good.  That was like 10 years ago, if the standards are the same today I would avoid them.

I hope that doesn't mean you loaded up your plate and then left half of it.

Given it was so cheap to eat the breakfast buffet, it seems rather ungrateful to complain that it was not of the standard in a 5 * hotel.

While it wasn't Cordon Bleu, it was entirely acceptable food, for the price.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well back then there was only 1 IIRC, on 13/1, and it was only half the size. Owned by a Finnish guy?

Andre, a Scandi don't which part. I think he went when he split up from his misses. Shortly afterwards Andre's bar opened on Buakhao. Never heard if it was the same guy.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

That's a shame. Like I said, not a fan of those buffet breakfasts but nothing against folk that like that sort of thing. Especially in a nice little poolside courtyard like they have, or had, at the Lek.

I live in Chonburi but used to use the Lek regularly, normally bought a book to get the cheaper price. Fortunately book had just finished and hadn't got another before the covid came along.

14 hours ago, NowNow said:

Nope. https://www.restaurant-in-pattaya.com/breakfastlunch-buffet

Tuesday to Sunday. 385 baht. It's gone up in price over time. Still ok if you go there to relax and read a newspaper. Can spend a few hours there.

It did stop, unfortunately before I had redeemed my card. Think it was 330 at that time, if restarted at 385 I will give it a miss. Have started going to the Holiday Inn, 299 there, a bit more extensive with fantastic view.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, Lemsta69 said:

ide note: i stayed at the Avani for a few days in January 2002 when the prices were still low because of Covid.

Covid in 2002? 555

• Haha 2

On 8/13/2024 at 10:56 AM, saintdomingo said:

The noted one for the breakfast buffet was the Casa Whatever a bit further down the road on the other side.

Do you remember Nervous Dave who used to get up and do The Young Ones at the Wonderful by  request of the group. They used to play it every time he walked past.

In the olden days I used to drink in Soi Yamato at the Dogs Bxllxcks.

Is/was that Crazy Dave's on Soi Pothole ?

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

Is/was that Crazy Dave's on Soi Pothole ?

Correct....

40 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

No it was Soi Yamato.

No it wasn`t....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Scroll back to 22 hours ago...

Thanks for that. 

22 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Well, made it to the Lek and no hordes of Indians about. No hordes of anyone else either and it looks like the food is a thing of the past. Otherwise peaceful and almost serene.

Opposite side of the road soi 10, The Stay. 

Best buffet breakfast in town I reckon (for the price). 

My mate stays there for a couple of weeks when in town, they charge me a couple of hundred baht for breakie. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What was the outcome. 

Didn't see any important info, lots of off topic comments. 

Got in on a telephone booking. The booking agencies and the Lek do not seem to communicate, nor do they seem to encourage online enquiries. No block bookings either by the looks of things. I would estimate no more than 25% occupancy. Many other local places appear to be quiet too. The buffet meals all long ceased to be.

2 hours ago, NowNow said:

It was 385 baht then too, as you can see.

I think that you are being somewhat disingenuous with regard to the Holiday Inn breakfast buffet. The cost is 499 baht, not 299 baht. 299 baht only if you join Hi Club for 500 baht. Likely not a problem for some, as it has some good benefits, but it's worth mentioning if you are claiming that the price is 299 baht for the buffet breakfast.

Personally I prefer to sit outside rather than under air conditioning and Casa Pascal is Brunch, up to 2.30pm. Holiday Inn is just breakfast, up to 10.30am. 11.30 at weekends.

The last entry on my Casa Pascal card is 28th Oct 2022 and I was 650 baht for 2 people. If I remember right it stopped the buffet brunch shortly after the Christmas, confirmation came in the thread I referred to. I don't live in Pattaya so not familiar with day to day changes.

I haven't claimed anything, I said i started going to the Holiday Inn as it was only 299 for breakfast, and you are free to sit outside if you want, often take the last coffee out.

If you prefer Casa Pascal up to you, having been many times I obviously thought it was good, but not for me at 385.

Yes, you need to get a card to get the discount at Holiday Inn and you can only use the Executive Tower, my preference anyway. You pay 500 baht and you get a voucher for the 500 baht which can be used for purchases in the hotel, no real cost involved making the breakfast 299.

You also get a discount with the card at any of the hotel restaurant facilities.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The last entry on my Casa Pascal card is 28th Oct 2022 and I was 650 baht for 2 people. If I remember right it stopped the buffet brunch shortly after the Christmas, confirmation came in the thread I referred to. I don't live in Pattaya so not familiar with day to day changes.

I haven't claimed anything, I said i started going to the Holiday Inn as it was only 299 for breakfast, and you are free to sit outside if you want, often take the last coffee out.

If you prefer Casa Pascal up to you, having been many times I obviously thought it was good, but not for me at 385.

Yes, you need to get a card to get the discount at Holiday Inn and you can only use the Executive Tower, my preference anyway. You pay 500 baht and you get a voucher for the 500 baht which can be used for purchases in the hotel, no real cost involved making the breakfast 299.

You also get a discount with the card at any of the hotel restaurant facilities.

I meant in the thread that you quoted, from 2023. It shows that it was 385 baht in that thread.

We know that you need to be a member to get the price of 299 baht, but you left that out in your initial post. Why?

Purchases in the hotel? So can you charge breakfast to it on two different occasions by just paying the extra 98 baht on the second occasion or do you need to spend the 500 baht in one transaction? 

Personally I prepare my own breakfast. I have a much better view/location/quality of product than the Holiday Inn...or Casa Pascal for that matter.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I meant in the thread that you quoted, from 2023. It shows that it was 385 baht in that thread.

I only quoted the thread as confirmation that it had it had stopped, if the thread mentioned 385 it must have been sometime later, I certainly never paid that.

I pay 299 at Holiday Inn, more than happy with what I get.

What are you finding so difficult with that?

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Off topic......anyone used to stay at Charlie Hotel .....corner of soi Diana/soi Buakhao ....is it still there?

Yes it is.........:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Off topic......anyone used to stay at Charlie Hotel .....corner of soi Diana/soi Buakhao ....is it still there?

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Yes it is.........:thumbsup:

Charlie Place Hotel.  Recently in the news for an Italian throwing a fridge off the balcony.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1293951-italian-man-has-a-meltdown-on-his-balcony-in-pattaya-blames-marijuana/

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Thank you BigStar for reminding me that the phone still exists.

The lady who answered was pleasant and helpful. So are all the staff.

I think she has been there since the phone was the only way to book a room!

• Like 1